Sponsored

OBDLink EX on Macbook running parallels/crossover. Neither will connect to the vehicle.

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm trying to run forscan on my macbook by using parallels and also tried crossover. I have forscan downloaded on both, but my OBDLink EX cable will not recognize my bronco and bring it up in forscan. The light is green on the OBDLink so it should be good to go, but it forscan always just says "not connected". What am I doing wrong here?
Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm trying to run forscan on my macbook by using parallels and also tried crossover. I have forscan downloaded on both, but my OBDLink EX cable will not recognize my bronco and bring it up in forscan. The light is green on the OBDLink so it should be good to go, but it forscan always just says "not connected". What am I doing wrong here?
What year/model Macbook Pro you using? I've heard the newer ones with Apple chips (instead of Intel) have issues.

I used VMware Fusion (all free) if you're looking for an alternate.

OP
OP
threeonone

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What year/model Macbook Pro you using? I've heard the newer ones with Apple chips (instead of Intel) have issues.

I used VMware Fusion (all free) if you're looking for an alternate.
2014 macbook pro. I tried using vmware but it won't let me create an account. On the registration page when I click sign up at the bottom after filling everything out nothing happens. The page doesn't load. There aren't any errors. It just does nothing.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2014 macbook pro. I tried using vmware but it won't let me create an account. On the registration page when I click sign up at the bottom after filling everything out nothing happens. The page doesn't load. There aren't any errors. It just does nothing.
Weird. I didn't have any issues. I did this...
  1. Went here: https://customerconnect.vmware.com/web/vmware/evalcenter?p=fusion-player-personal
  2. Created an account (personal/student/free)
  3. Downloaded Windows ISO: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
Lemme know if the above doesn't work for you again.

OP
OP
threeonone

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weird. I didn't have any issues. I did this...
  1. Went here: https://customerconnect.vmware.com/web/vmware/evalcenter?p=fusion-player-personal
  2. Created an account (personal/student/free)
  3. Downloaded Windows ISO: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
Lemme know if the above doesn't work for you again.
I got the account to work using firefox instead of chrome. I already had windows running though on parallels. The issue I'm having though is getting the OBDLink to see my vehicle in forscan. It keeps saying not connected even though the light is green.

Sponsored

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it should work with crossover
i had the same problem till i found help threads from cross over on how to allow access to port devices then you have to map the usb to a com port in the forscan bottle
ill see if i can find it….

OP
OP
threeonone

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar