Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone in an earlier thread thought that these were commercial characters like Flo from Progressive. After this latest video I have a different theory.

First rule of marketing is don't mock your customers. You can make fun of yourself and your competitors but NEVER mock your own target audience.

This latest video is making fun of every YT overlanding couples video out there. Since we know these two are paid "actors" we know it's disingenuous and I'm now convinced they think it's a good idea to make fun of all of the other YouTubers out there.

I'm also starting to suspect that Jackson Dawson is doing this to make fun of the authentic community here at 6G. Maybe as retribution for the recent dust up.

"We'll get back at them by having the cheesiest couple and to top it off let's give the guy a mullet too. Because that's how we see those people at 6G."

@Ourbroncolife I bet a campaign by real customers telling Ford their marketing company they hired is making fun of their customers wouldn't go over too well. It's not to late to stop the silliness and start over. As dumb as you think the Ford customers are they can always smell poo poo.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah. I think you’re reading too much into it.

They’re not mocking that type of content creator... they *are* that type of content creator.

This is a very deliberate aesthetic they are following to garner an audience with people for whom it already appeals to.

Next will be a flat brimmed monster energy drink bro screaming at the camera and playing pranks on his buddy.

I will add, as someone else pointed out, there is a very small window to monetize content before we all have our hands on the Bronco. Eventually the BN walk around videos won’t be needed any more and if by then OBL has an audience “following their adventures in their brand new bronco!” then they can maintain the clicks and views.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah. I think you’re reading too much into it.

They’re not mocking that type of content creator... they *are* that type of content creator.

This is a very deliberate aesthetic they are following to garner an audience with people for whom it already appeals to.

Next will be a flat brimmed monster energy drink bro screaming at the camera and playing pranks on his buddy.

I will add, as someone else pointed out, there is a very small window to monetize content before we all have our hands on the Bronco. Eventually the BN walk around videos won’t be needed any more and if by then OBL has an audience “following their adventures in their brand new bronco!” then they can maintain the clicks and views.
Except people can tell when it's not real when fake it trying to be presented as genuine.

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone in an earlier thread thought that these were commercial characters like Flo from Progressive. After this latest video I have a different theory.

First rule of marketing is don't mock your customers. You can make fun of yourself and your competitors but NEVER mock your own target audience.

This latest video is making fun of every YT overlanding couples video out there. Since we know these two are paid "actors" we know it's disingenuous and I'm now convinced they think it's a good idea to make fun of all of the other YouTubers out there.

I'm also starting to suspect that Jackson Dawson is doing this to make fun of the authentic community here at 6G. Maybe as retribution for the recent dust up.

"We'll get back at them by having the cheesiest couple and to top it off let's give the guy a mullet too. Because that's how we see those people at 6G."

@Ourbroncolife I bet a campaign by real customers telling Ford their marketing company they hired is making fun of their customers wouldn't go over too well. It's not to late to stop the silliness and start over. As dumb as you think the Ford customers are they can always smell poo poo.
Me personally I don't give a rats ass who they work for or how they get access to something. I really don't care about all the high school crap that seems to be going on. I'm here for Bronco and Bronco content. I think a lot of people are taking things way to far. They were providing us information and video. At this point we all know that anyone who has that much access to the bronco must work for Ford or a marketing firm so why would this be a surprise. I think a lot of people just need to get over themselves and just accept what is.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was never offended to get over it. Need an option for Don't care, never cared, bring on the content.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Who cares. They were giving videos of some desired content. If anyone actually believed Ford was giving this much access to random bloggers they've lost their damn minds.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Compared to some of the BN stuff where all you can hear is howling wind, it is well done. And by definition all marketing is trolling to some degree. As long as they don't call my home 3 times a day to extend a warranty on a vehicle I don't even own yet, they're good to go.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think for many people it wasn’t the crime, it was the coverup.

I doubt anyone on here actually *cares* about these things, so there isn’t anything to “get over”... they just didn’t appreciate being lied to and it soured the relationship.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think for many people it wasn’t the crime, it was the coverup.

I doubt anyone on here actually *cares* about these things, so there isn’t anything to “get over”... they just didn’t appreciate being lied to and it soured the relationship.
Who was lied to? A zebra in a zoo could have told you these two were hired by Ford for marketing purposes.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would be Option 1.
Not exactly, because I don't think it's cheesy either. They're having a great time. I wish I had someone to have all this fun with.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.