Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We just got back from a few days in Moab and did Hells Revenge, The Pickle, and Metal Masher. It had been awhile since I ran those trails and I last did them in a CJ7 with 33's (had gears and lockers).

I have a 4 door big bend SAS with 315x70 r17 KO2's stock height and I added a factory set of skid plates, rock sliders, and dv8 shock skids. As long as you're comfortable using your skid plates then you'll have fun. I hit my skids plenty but didn't damage anything else (they served their purpose well). I ran with a group of 13 rigs and had the smallest tires and was the only non-Jeep and I kept up just fine and had a blast. I took my fender flares off and left them home since The Pickle and Metal Masher have some tight spots (I definitely would've ripped at least 1 off on The Pickle). I was able to do some obstacles easier than the Jeeps and some had to work a bit more to get over. I didn't break anything (I packed spare tie-rods just in case).

I took tools to unhook my sway bar but decided to run with it connected to start and never unhooked it. I only went through 1/4 tank of gas running Hells Revenge, driving around and doing The Pickle that night and a similar amount doing Metal Masher and around town the next day.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How did the Bronco handle mirror gultch?
I'm headed to Moab next month. So ready for it. Glad to hear you didnt need to swap a tie rod.

Sponsored
OP
OP
White Sasquatch

White Sasquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There was a new obstacle on Hells Revenge called The Staircase (just past escalator a bit) that was fun. It was a mixture of Hells Gate and escalator but not as long as the gate or as tight as escalator. Once we figured out the line it wasn't bad.

OP
OP
White Sasquatch

White Sasquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can you get the manual ones that they have on Jeeps?
AC Fabs has a set and it looks like there's a set available from Precision Works as well (I know some on here have the AC Fab set and that was the only option last time I looked so the others are either new or not out yet, they popped up when I just searched on google).

Last edited:

Sponsored

pgordon888

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BroncWTRK; 2019 F350 Bagged; 2014 GTR 1200hp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

AC Fabs has a set and it looks like there's a set available from Precision Works as well (I know some on here have the AC Fab set and that was the only option last time I looked so the others are either new or not out yet, they popped up when I just searched on google).
Precision works set is fools gold. I reached out to them and they said they are only pre order right now and likely a year out from being built. Hoping a real in hand quick disconnect set pops up before then. Should be a huge market given that only the Badlands, Raptor, and First Edition trims come with the factory hero switch disconnect feature.

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great to hear you had a good time! I have taken mine to moab twice; march 2022 for off-roadeo and again February 2023 for 3 days on my way to KoH. Drove through Hells Revenge by myself, didn't do any obstacles because I was the only one there lol.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We just got back from a few days in Moab and did Hells Revenge, The Pickle, and Metal Masher. It had been awhile since I ran those trails and I last did them in a CJ7 with 33's (had gears and lockers).

I have a 4 door big bend SAS with 315x70 r17 KO2's stock height and I added a factory set of skid plates, rock sliders, and dv8 shock skids. As long as you're comfortable using your skid plates then you'll have fun. I hit my skids plenty but didn't damage anything else (they served their purpose well). I ran with a group of 13 rigs and had the smallest tires and was the only non-Jeep and I kept up just fine and had a blast. I took my fender flares off and left them home since The Pickle and Metal Masher have some tight spots (I definitely would've ripped at least 1 off on The Pickle). I was able to do some obstacles easier than the Jeeps and some had to work a bit more to get over. I didn't break anything (I packed spare tie-rods just in case).

I took tools to unhook my sway bar but decided to run with it connected to start and never unhooked it. I only went through 1/4 tank of gas running Hells Revenge, driving around and doing The Pickle that night and a similar amount doing Metal Masher and around town the next day.
Hey WS,
Good for you to get your Bronco out on such fun and challenging trails. I too took my Bronco to Moab after doing the recommended break in period, and was amazed at its capabilities. My Badlands (non-sas) was fully stock at the time and it was able to do eveything with just a few scrapes along the skid plates. Extremely happy with how well it performed.
We all appreciate your review!

chaseshort24

Black Diamond
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 4runner, 1995 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There was a new obstacle on Hells Revenge called The Staircase (just past escalator a bit) that was fun. It was a mixture of Hells Gate and escalator but not as long as the gate or as tight as escalator. Once we figured out the line it wasn't bad.
Not new lol, just reopened.

OP
OP
White Sasquatch

White Sasquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I felt like if I even had true 35 inch tires on it instead of the 315's (the KO2's measure around 34.4") then I would've scraped about half as much as I did on the skid plates. There were a few spots where i'm sure I would've still hit them but for the most part I barely scraped. I also wish the gas tank was tucked up even with the frame to give us that extra clearance, but at the end of the day it is what it is. I was very happy with how well it performed (after reading some posts I didn't feel like I knew what to expect out of it,, anything from pure awesomeness to breaking tie rods and axles multiple times). I only turned my front locker on when climbing obstacles that seemed like they would need it and only engaged it once I was pretty much lined up to minimize stress on the front end.
Sponsored