Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 7.3 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For those that are asking about camping, there are a Boatload of dispersed/BLM options out there. No need to pay for a campsite unless you really need those amenities. My personal favorite is either Willow Springs Rd (huge spread out desert/sand area) or Gemini Bridges (but that one fills up fast).
Sponsored

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey DH,
Your BL-non sas is extremely capable. When I was in Moab, I was shown around by two Jeeps, with lift kits and 35 tires. Yet I was still able to go everywhere they did. As a matter of fact, they purposely took me into areas that they thought I would not be able to follow. Yet I was able to successfully go everywhere they did, and there were some very difficult obstacles that we all struggled to complete. At the end of my visit, they both stated how surprised they were at how the Bronco, on 33's, easily went everywhere they did.
Like you, I also purposely did the Moab Off-Roadeo in a non-sas BL, as I wanted to ensure its capability. I left the Off-Roadeo comfortably knowing that purchasing the non-sas was not a limitation, outside of rubbing the skid plates a few times more than the sas versions.
That said, I will be upgrading to 37's as the increased clearance (35's will also increase your clearance) will allow me to expand my Bronco's capabilities. I will keep my 33's and rims for winter use, and the 37's will become my summer tires. If I have a big trip to go on, I will swap back to the 33's.
As to a performance hit, most owners on this forum and BN, who have upgraded to 35/37's, show a drop from, on avg., 19.5 mpg to 18.3 mpg. So not too bad of a hit. Additionally, the 2.3 MT is appropriately geared to allow an upgrade without having to worry about changing out your gearing.
Your bolt on steps are definitely going to be an issue for you as you get into some challenging terrain. If you don't need them daily, you may want to just keep them off.
Enjoy your Bronco!
This is fun - non-SAS BL with chief Bronco engineer -- I would have used more technique on that first obstacle, but he clearly wanted to show how robust it was...

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The closer you get to visiting the higher the cost. Usually, $200-$450 night. 1st time in Moab I stayed at new Marriott but that’s cause a buddy would give me friends and family discount so only would pay $30-$35 a night. This year I booked at glamping canyonlands cause it will make it easier to not pack all kinds of camping gear and drive with it thousands of miles. $382 with tt&l for 3 nights in Aug.
That Marriott SpringHill is probably the most expensive one in the portfolio lol

I stayed there using a free reward night for Off Rodeo

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That Marriott SpringHill is probably the most expensive one in the portfolio lol

I stayed there using a free reward night for Off Rodeo
Hilton recently opened a curio collection in Moab. iTs their boutique luxury brand, their rates are consistently $300+ per night when I've checked.

Sponsored

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Precision works set is fools gold. I reached out to them and they said they are only pre order right now and likely a year out from being built. Hoping a real in hand quick disconnect set pops up before then. Should be a huge market given that only the Badlands, Raptor, and First Edition trims come with the factory hero switch disconnect feature.
That's a pretty easy build. We have a Badlands now. I wish we would have jumped on this before we sold our Wildtrak. I'll do some research and see if the end links are any different on the Badlands and other models. I suspect the end links are the same as the Badlands disconnect on the actual bar and not the links.

OP
OP
White Sasquatch

White Sasquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here are the few pictures my wife took (she actually rode along most of the time where she used to get out a lot when I had the Jeep). I'll make sure to get more when we go back in November.

Resized_20230422_152739.jpeg

Resized_20230422_153122.jpeg

Resized_20230421_162949.jpeg

Resized_20230422_153125.jpeg