Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Strap in as there will be a bunch of “my dealer said” in this but I’ve found my dealer to be less likely to “guess” or be outright wrong so far.

First- they are saying they don’t have official word from Ford on price protection. While I’ve seen Ford employees post on Bronco Nation about what it’s supposed to be- it doesn’t sound like dealers believe they have been given that formally. My dealer intimated there would be a rebate version of price protection but wasn’t sure what that would look like.

Second, my dealership took hundreds of orders and have only rolled over 40 orders from 22 to 23 so far. They aren’t being super proactive in getting these reordered as I had to show up and basically insist to be processed. They weren’t jerks about it- I just had to push a little.

Third- they said they expect to only get base and big bend soft tops with mid packages until mid to late 23. They seemed confident Ford was going to try and catch up before taking new orders.

Fourth- they don’t seem to have any info on current constraints other than being adamant tow was still very hard to get.

Fifth- they set me to priority 10 like all other orders they are converting from 22.

Sixth- the dealership had about 200 new cars on the lot compared to a couple dozen when I ordered last January. The showroom was really busy and there were several deliveries taking place while I was there. My salesperson was delivering 7 mavericks this week alone.

Take all of that for what it’s worth- maybe not that much but we’ll see. May the force be with you
Sponsored

Last edited:

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Honestly If I was looking for a bronco and didnt want to wait,I would buy a base model in stock and add what I wanted …… Or wait 2 years. Of course ifyou are rock crawling etc you will have to wait to get front/rear disconnects. But I dont think that applies to 90% of people buying. Rates will continue going up. Jmo. Flame me 🤪

WoolyBugger

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline / 2dr. Base 7 spd. EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Strap in as there will be a bunch of “my dealer said” in this but I’ve found my dealer to be less likely to “guess” or be outright wrong so far.

First- they are saying they don’t have official work from Ford on price protection. While I’ve seen Ford employees post on Bronco Nation about what it’s supposed to be- it doesn’t sound like dealers believe they have been given that formally. My dealer intimated there would be a rebate version of price protection but wasn’t sure what that would look like.

Second, my dealership took hundreds of orders and have only rolled over 40 orders from 22 to 23 so far. They aren’t being super proactive in getting these reordered as I had to show up and basically insist to be processed. They weren’t jerks about it- I just had to push a little.

Third- they said they expect to only get base and big bend soft tops with mid packages until mid to late 23. They seemed confident Ford was going to try and catch up before taking new orders.

Fourth- they don’t seem to have any info on current constraints other than being adamant tow was still very hard to get.

Fifth- they set me to priority 10 like all other orders they are converting from 22.

Sixth- the dealership had about 200 new cars on the lot compared to a couple dozen when I ordered last January. The showroom was really busy and there were several deliveries taking place while I was there. My salesperson was delivering 7 mavericks this week alone.

Take all of that for what it’s worth- maybe not that much but we’ll see. May the force be with you
I think that we are probably buying from the same dealer in AL. Sounds almost exactly like the info that I have received including the Priority Code... I've had a 2 door base on order there since 2020 so if they are correct about late 23 I'll drop out of this mess. Not blaming the dealer but its very disappointing.

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think that we are probably buying from the same dealer in AL. Sounds almost exactly like the info that I have received including the Priority Code... I've had a 2 door base on order there since 2020 so if they are correct about late 23 I'll drop out of this mess. Not blaming the dealer but its very disappointing.
I’m not at a year yet so I can only imagine your frustration.

tapritchettAREA51

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I have a question on my reorder, my dealer just marked up the old order sheet, I have not received anything from them or FORD confirming my re-order. Should I push for that, they are very casual about this but one and a half years in I want my bronco, and am not going to pay a scalpers bonus and get one off Autotrader

Sponsored

drewgolson

Raptor
First Name
drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 antimatter blue obx (sold) 22 badlands mt
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
who is your dealer?

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I waited until March 16, 2021, on the conversion of my Sep 2020 reservation to a full order. It was cutting it close, but by then, Ford had already leaked that my reservation timestamp likely missed the MY21 cut-off. I also waited mainly because the dealers and Ford were still dribbling new data and details into the mix. Until the dealers have a clear rule book and all details are out, I can see their apprehension about taking the time with each customer to then reconnect and sort it all out a second time. On my 21 to 22 conversion, I sat down with my dealer and made a few small changes to just make sure it rolled over.

Until Ford can match up supply with demand, there is nothing extraordinary dealers or consumers can do to make a Bronco appear any faster.

A serious recession is looming, and dealers will be completely different a year from now.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I have a question on my reorder, my dealer just marked up the old order sheet, I have not received anything from them or FORD confirming my re-order. Should I push for that, they are very casual about this but one and a half years in I want my bronco, and am not going to pay a scalpers bonus and get one off Autotrader
Yes you need an approved COVP email with your name and order number and a new 23' DORA with your name and order number. If you don't have both of these you could lose your order 11/21/22.

tapritchettAREA51

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry for the question but what is COVP and DORA?? Do they come from the dealer or FORD?

Sponsored

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer

nrlucas

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Buick Regal GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my order rolled over earlier this week. My dealer stated that there would be price protection, but he had not gotten official word on the amounts yet. But he said that part of it would be given back to me upon delivery and the other part would be in the form of a rebate check coming some indeterminate amount of time after the sale was completed.

I went to the Backdoor site yesterday and noticed some really squirrely stuff. First, I got an alert that a pop-up had been blocked on the site. When I whitelisted the site, this is what popped up.

Ford Bronco Observations from my reorder process yesterday Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 3.44.12 PM

First, let me say that if this pop-up (which gets blocked by pop-up blockers) and/or proactive dealers is what they are relying on to port these orders over in time, there are going to be some very ticked off folks in the months ahead.

When I click the "View Reservation Details" link, it took me to a page that looks kind of like the regular backdoor link, but rearranged and with new fonts. The one thing that really stood out to me though was that the Ordering with Dealer has switched back to a blue circle instead of a green circle with a check box. And it says "In Progress" instead of "Completed".

Ford Bronco Observations from my reorder process yesterday Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 3.44.34 PM

However, if I just close out the pop-up, it goes to the REGULAR backdoor page where the Place Order is still complete and the info has been updated to reflect my 2023 order as well.

Ford Bronco Observations from my reorder process yesterday Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 1.00.48 PM

These differences were enough to make me worry that something was wrong. I chatted with Ford and confirmed that I am Unscheduled Clean with a priority code of 15. Not sure what the point is of having two different landing pages, with differing information, depending on which link you click.

nrlucas

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Buick Regal GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry for the question but what is COVP and DORA?? Do they come from the dealer or FORD?
COVP = Customer Order Verification Process

This is the process of scanning your ID and having you send them a signed copy of your Order Summary.

DORA = Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement

As far as I know, this is just another name for the "order summary" or "build sheet" that they send you after they have submitted your order. Mine always comes from the email address [email protected].

berts

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I understand the process, I sign the new agreement and then I have to hope they follow through applying to Ford Corp for the price adjustment which comes in 30-45 days. Still waiting to see how much it actually is, if they make me pay up front or they lower the price I pay.
'22 Wildtrak 49,475
'23 Wildtrak 54,320
:oops:
Sponsored