Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I interpreting this wrong? If this has been posted, sorry. I searched briefly and couldn't find anything on it.

OBX comes standard with the 10 speed. Add 2.7 and it adds the full $1895 to your build.

Price a BD with the 10 speed and it adds $1595, but when you add the 2.7 it only adds the $300 difference.

Yes it technically totals out to the same, but if the 10 is "standard", I would think the change in engine cost should be the same across trims. That "standard" auto should be built in to the trim price.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OBX is not available with the 7spd so it isn't starting at the same spot?

OP
OP
HorizonHunter

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OBX is not available with the 7spd so it isn't starting at the same spot?
That's my point I guess. I can add 2.7 to OBX for 1895, or add it to BD for 300, assuming auto on both.

Either OBX is overpriced for engine, or BD (and other trims) are undercharging for auto.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your math is wrong.

Using your math the BD owner is paying for two transmissions.

AaronTV

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Kia Stinger GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I interpreting this wrong? If this has been posted, sorry. I searched briefly and couldn't find anything on it.

OBX comes standard with the 10 speed. Add 2.7 and it adds the full $1895 to your build.

Price a BD with the 10 speed and it adds $1595, but when you add the 2.7 it only adds the $300 difference.

Yes it technically totals out to the same, but if the 10 is "standard", I would think the change in engine cost should be the same across trims. That "standard" auto should be built in to the trim price.
Agreed. It doesn't make sense. It's one of the items in B&P that needs clarification. It's the same on the Badlands. Adding the auto is $1595, adding the 2.7 from there only adds another $300. On Outer Banks, adding the 2.7 is $1895. One way or another, there's gotta be an error in there.

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sure that Ford has made a mistake on this one and they are pleased you have brought it to their attention so that they may correct it in the upcoming B&P updates. $1895 is extremely cheap to install an upgraded transmission and engine by any manufacturers standards.

So, with that said I am sure it will go like this. If your trim level comes standard with an auto transmission the 2.7 will cost an additional $1895. If your trim level comes with a manual you will pay $1895 for the 2.7 and an additional $1595 to upgrade the transmission. So for the Big Bend it will cost $1895 for the 2.7 plus an additional $1595 for the required transmission upgrade. The $300 was a mistake on the current B&P platform.

Ford thanks you for your due diligence and bringing this to their attention!
No.

The 2.7L is a $300 upgrade on the F150.
And the Canadian Bronco B&P correctly lists the 2.7L as a separate item from the 10A for $290CND

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought everyone kind of assumed that the “free” transmission upgrade on the 2.7L was a bug in B&P.

Last edited:

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Guess we’ll find out Dec 7

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OBX is the true price, error is in the other trims.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HorizonHunter

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OBX is the true price, error is in the other trims.
Not saying you're wrong at all, but that's a huge price error for them to leave in for nearly a month on the majority of trims. Means lots of people are gonna have their anticipated price shift quite a bit.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not saying you're wrong at all, but that's a huge price error for them to leave in for nearly a month on the majority of trims. Means lots of people are gonna have their anticipated price shift quite a bit.
People are going to lose their mind if they “fix” it in the next couple weeks. I’ve been anticipating that it was wrong to keep my frustration levels low, but it will still be a bummer if true. If it’s not wrong, then badlands or black diamond are such a better bargain over the similarly equipped outer banks or wildtrak models.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, that guy is just pulling it out of his butt. The pricing is consistent with other vehicles and the cost to upgrade. No chance in hell Ford left that up for a month if it was an error....to the most common upgrade. Additionally, to add $1595+$1895 would be way, way out of whack compared to every other Ford.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've raised this myself. And actually switched from an OBX to BL. This was another example of how the pricing seemed overstated for the OBX. B&P isnt a level playing field at the moment. Dont forget, the survey had the 2.7L upgrade as being less on the OBX compared to the other trims. B&P used one cost across all trims. If everything was fair, then either the base cost of the OBX, or the cost to upgrade to 2.7L on the OBX, needs to come down...or the 2.7L upgrade for the other trims needs to come up...let's see how Ford handles. A month has passed, so they may leave it as-is, even if it doesnt make sense. Dont forget, Ford set the upgrade costs based on survey pricing, after the fact. The base trim prices were already determined (and had an auto baked into the OBX). So the end results favors non-OBX guys
Sponsored

Last edited: