Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang and F250 SD truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for the photos and information! I look forward to seeing these rigs when they arrive in Sacramento.

BorderBroncoBL

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Black Diamond 2.3L Cactus Gray w MGV interior. OBX 2.7L Shadow Black w Lux Roast leather interior.
Fun event, exciting to see in person. Didn't sit in the Black Diamond, but sitting driver's side of the OBX felt a little cramped. I'm 6'1" 180 lbs. and the feel was just a little constrained to me at the shoulders and hips, but I didn't have time to tinker a lot and try to really dial it in. Wish I had some more time. Fired up the 2.7L V6... pretty quiet.
All pics 50mm shots. Pretty cool to see the Cactus in sun & shadow, but I'm still going Carbonized.

Diamond-01.jpg

Diamond-02.jpg

Diamond-03.jpg

Diamond-04.jpg

Diamond-05.jpg

OBX-01.jpg

OBX-02.jpg

OBX-03.jpg

OBX-04.jpg

OBX-05.jpg

OBX-06.jpg

OBX-07.jpg

OBX-08.jpg
Saw both of these at Kearney Mesa Ford yesterday. They let us sit in the OBX, not the BD.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
probably best pics I've seen yet. Quality wise.

Great shots!

Sponsored

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I caved at the last second and updated my Black Diamond to Sasquatch. Now that I've accepted the cost I'm not going back, but these picks with the steelies look great. I'd love to see a Black Diamond/steelies with the fender flare delete from 4WP on this Bronco. That would be some retro goodness:

Ford Bronco OBX & 4-Door Black Diamond w/ Black Steelies at Mossy San Diego bxvns5ha-jpe

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These pics are great examples of why I went SAS! I do not like the steelies at all . . . and - FOR ME - the whole look of the SAS really brings a lot to the vehicle, but - again - that's my personal preference. Each to their own and I'll be psyched to see ANY of them on the road (in fact I already get a little excited when I see the Sport!) . . . either way - THANKS for the pics!

Rob_Broncowski

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX, Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is due to the combination of the weight of the MIC top and lack of tow package. Legend dropped that bit of info about a month ago when everyone was complaining about the Rake and needing a level kit. The Tow Package which the CG BD at the Demo event has adds a bump to the rear suspension even though it isn't disclosed on B/P.

By the way, B6G is slipping in not noticing Sean from OBL/BN. A few photos captured him scurrying about. A FB Live session that was posted last night from the Bronco Babes group where the group admin (Rebekah) went Live asking questions and getting tape measurements. She asked Sean herself to assist even though she didn't know Sean's backstory.

One other note is the CG BD has plastic wheel well liners and not the felt that will be in production.
I chatted briefly with Sean and his wife (@Ourbroncolife ) at Mossy and thanked them for their videos. They have been a big help to me personally since I'm still a little conflicted about which model I want for MY22. Fortunately I was able to see both of the models that I'm considering in person.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did anyone else notice the Pre-Production defects on the inside of the rear gate?

The machinery settings for the assembly rivets are over-driving and crushing the rivets too much. The resulting deformation is seen in the surrounding sheet metal/aluminum. I have highlighted examples of properly driven rivets in blue and improper ones in red. Lets hope they get this fine tuned for production.

Ford Bronco OBX & 4-Door Black Diamond w/ Black Steelies at Mossy San Diego bxvns5ha-jpe
I too noticed the riveting into the sheet metal. I am confident the productions will be quality controlled to higher level.

awall987

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJ, '23 2dr BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Already plenty of pics, and much better than mine, but I don't care because I finally get to post a pic of a Bronco! No 2dr or Sasquatch is certainly disappointing..oh well, more to anticipate I guess. I will say that I was surprised that I liked the size of the 4dr, pics online make it seem like a tank, but it's a good size (not too big).

Ford Bronco OBX & 4-Door Black Diamond w/ Black Steelies at Mossy San Diego 1617504870188

Ford Bronco OBX & 4-Door Black Diamond w/ Black Steelies at Mossy San Diego 1617504959456

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These pics are great examples of why I went SAS! I do not like the steelies at all . . . and - FOR ME - the whole look of the SAS really brings a lot to the vehicle, but - again - that's my personal preference. Each to their own and I'll be psyched to see ANY of them on the road (in fact I already get a little excited when I see the Sport!) . . . either way - THANKS for the pics!
I understand this position for sure, and i still struggle with not squashing our BD, but I'm not going to spend over 4k on something i would in reality be only using for looks. It has the capability i need right out of the box, I'm completely new to off roading. Does it have the looks to add that extra punch or toughness factor, nope. I had to draw the line somewhere and the difference in payment pays for my life insurance premium. I would squach it if i could, but i think it will still be good stock.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I understand this position for sure, and i still struggle with not squashing our BD, but I'm not going to spend over 4k on something i would in reality be only using for looks. It has the capability i need right out of the box, I'm completely new to off roading. Does it have the looks to add that extra punch or toughness factor, nope. I had to draw the line somewhere and the difference in payment pays for my life insurance premium. I would squach it if i could, but i think it will still be good stock.
Every Bronco will be awesome. For me - the look is worth it but I sure respect the fact that everyone in not like me! Best wishes on your vehicle - I don’t care if it’s a stripped down base or loaded BL - you (YOU) chose, built and paid for it and it’ll be Fn amazing!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I keep returning to this thread and the photos of the CG BD. Knowing that production will get felt wheel well liners, I want to add plastic wheel wells.

Scott2373

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford F150, '18 Wrangler Sahara, 08 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Curious what you are you driving now...given that you felt it was cramped
Same. Another member posted that he was 6'3" and said the interior felt almost as roomy as his 2017 F150 XLT Sport.

1DWN5UP

Black Diamond
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CyberSaucer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It really really annoys me that the Black Diamond doesn't come with HD front axle. For an off-road trim people will want to put bigger tires but ford says the stock 32''s are the biggest you should put on it. That is honestly the main reason why I've decided to go Base + Sas and then possibly downsize to 33''s. I'd way rather get steel bash plates, bumpers, 7MT, and other BD goodies over a front locker and trail turn assist if it was up to me
Sponsored