Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As the title says folks, looking for recommendations on getting aftermarket 35’s (or as close as possible) on my OBX, will be removing the crash bars. Probably won’t lift it. Just a couple of guidelines I’m seeking:

1. Trying to mimic the Sasquatch look (beadlock) but not 100% committed to that
2. Must be black in finish with a possible silver accent in a bead or outer ring
3. Road ride/noise as optimal as it can get. My sport has BFG Ko2’s.

Aaaannnnddd go!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Such a personal decision!
What type of lift are you planning to do?

If you want the real sasquatch look (with stock rake) and also want improved performance, I would recommend finding a set of sasquatch shocks and springs on the buysell forum here.

I recently picked up a set from a member and I'm really excited to put them on. My Bronco Blend date is today!

I have a set of the Nitto Trail grappler in 35x11.5x17. This tire is a true 35" where the sasquatch is 34.4". It is also more narrow so I'll be keeping the Black Diamond steelies which are "chef's kiss" IMO.

For wheels, be careful of offset or you'll have too much poke. sasquatch wheels are +35 offset and the stock OBX are +55, for reference. A 0 offset wheel will have much more poke. Some like that. Others don't.

Sponsored
OP
OP
StachioAttack72

StachioAttack72

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you want the real sasquatch look (with stock rake) and also want improved performance, I would recommend finding a set of sasquatch shocks and springs on the buysell forum here.

I recently picked up a set from a member and I'm really excited to put them on. My Bronco Blend date is today!

I have a set of the Nitto Trail grappler in 35x11.5x17. This tire is a true 35" where the sasquatch is 34.4". It is also more narrow so I'll be keeping the Black Diamond steelies which are "chef's kiss" IMO.

For wheels, be careful of offset or you'll have too much poke. sasquatch wheels are +35 offset and the stock OBX are +55, for reference. A 0 offset wheel will have much more poke. Some like that. Others don't.
if anything I’d do a Rough Country 2”, rather not do a lift. I like the look of the tire “almost” filling the wheel space.

Miket5r

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CRV. 2013 Triumph Speed Triple
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was looking at doing what you wanted to do as well and I came across a deal I could not say no to for all 5 tires. Dick Cepek trail country EXP 305/70/18. $1000 tax in. They are about .5” taller than Sasquatch tires and same with. I thought I would try them on the factory OBX rims first and I am glad I did! Looks great! I am so happy with the way it looks. I didn’t like the OBX rims at first but it actually looks better than most aftermarket rims with 35’s. I did not put a lift on because it didn’t need it but I did take the crash bars out. I have only 4” space through the garage left. If I added the lift it would have been an additional $750. $200 for 2” lift, $400 install, $100 alignment.
I think it looks great without it!

4FA2B057-E2C4-4C4C-ADE5-9ADC518A401E.jpeg

C2D7C836-BCAB-4C63-A7C8-CEFA276C11BC.jpeg

8D557690-3510-4973-B43E-F7AC4DF2D1B8.jpeg

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That 7.6mm is game changing?
No not at all. I did not mean for it to come off that way. If anything the narrower width is more of a difference. I personally like the more narrow tire/wheel combo, but I also know I'm in the minority with that. Not sure you could call 11.5 a "pizza cutter", though.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

if anything I’d do a Rough Country 2”, rather not do a lift. I like the look of the tire “almost” filling the wheel space.
Another tire size to consider that people have done here with no lift is the 285/75/r17
That is 33.8x11.2 and I think looks quite good. Plenty of tire offerings in that size as well (KO2, Nitto ridge grappler, Toyo at3, etc.)

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Nitto lists that tire at 34.7”…so not a “true” 35” tire either if we’re narrowing it down….3” bigger than the Good Year, or .1”, depending on what set of Good Year specs you’re looking at. They actually listed the GY OEM version at 34.6” and the aftermarket version at 34.4”.

Sponsored

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nitto lists that tire at 34.7”…so not a “true” 35” tire either if we’re narrowing it down….3” bigger than the Good Year, or .1”, depending on what set of Good Year specs you’re looking at. They actually listed the GY OEM version at 34.6” and the aftermarket version at 34.4”.
Fair enough. That is certainly a negligible size difference.

OP
OP
StachioAttack72

StachioAttack72

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was looking at doing what you wanted to do as well and I came across a deal I could not say no to for all 5 tires. Dick Cepek trail country EXP 305/70/18. $1000 tax in. They are about .5” taller than Sasquatch tires and same with. I thought I would try them on the factory OBX rims first and I am glad I did! Looks great! I am so happy with the way it looks. I didn’t like the OBX rims at first but it actually looks better than most aftermarket rims with 35’s. I did not put a lift on because it didn’t need it but I did take the crash bars out. I have only 4” space through the garage left. If I added the lift it would have been an additional $750. $200 for 2” lift, $400 install, $100 alignment.
I think it looks great without it!

Ford Bronco OBX Aftermarket 35(ish) Wheel/Tire Suggestions - FauxSquatch 8D557690-3510-4973-B43E-F7AC4DF2D1B8

Ford Bronco OBX Aftermarket 35(ish) Wheel/Tire Suggestions - FauxSquatch 8D557690-3510-4973-B43E-F7AC4DF2D1B8

Holy Moley! This just shot to a top three considering I don’t need to replace the factory wheels!!!

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have Maxxis Razr AT 35s and Method 703 0mm ready to be installed once OBX is delivered. Mine will have Sasquatch

Will_05

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Another tire size to consider that people have done here with no lift is the 285/75/r17
That is 33.8x11.2 and I think looks quite good. Plenty of tire offerings in that size as well (KO2, Nitto ridge grappler, Toyo at3, etc.)
Are lift kits needed to install the 34’s on base models?

JustinBC2

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Platinum, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are lift kits needed to install the 34’s on base models?
No, you can fit 35s and probably 36s on without a lift. Just watch how wide you go if stock wheels.
Sponsored