Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First, I love, love, love the open air design of this truck. I‘ll drive it on the roads and beach here in FL, and since there are no rocks or even hills, I don’t need the rugged rock climbing features. But the more I compare the models the less convinced I am that the OBX is going to be my choice. Being the ‘luxury’ choice I thought I’d be getting a lot more creature comforts or upgrades to justify the cost. But the 12” screen is not even standard! The hardtop is not standard. The leather is not standard! Not sure I even like the larger rims/skinnier tires. Heated side views in FL won’t ever be used. Painted side views and fender flares - who cares? I’m starting to get the feeling that the OBX is either a sucker’s bet or the soccer mom trim and I hate that. So please change my mind.... have I overlooked something that makes the OBX stand out in its own right? Otherwise, I’m probably better off dropping down a trim or two or three and then adding the options I really want. I’d appreciate any constructive thoughts or suggestions!!
Sponsored

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree. I think ford could rework the trims a bit to make it better. the big bend should get the mid package standard and then the outer banks should get the high package standard. That would make both of those trims more appealing.

Lanman12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swede
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree completely with the above poster. Ford also needs to rethink their pricing for upgrades. The Bronco is beginning to cost more than the 2021 Jeep, they seemed to have lowered prices because of the bronco.

sbledsoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I chose the obx originally, but I'm waiting on b&p so I can build each series with the options I want. Then I'll be able to compare apples to apples. Honestly, that's the only way any of us will be able to decide. I have a feeling that a bunch of us will be choosing different series once b&p is released. I just hope my wallet can handle my choices! ??????

Sponsored

Geekytrails

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, I love, love, love the open air design of this truck. I‘ll drive it on the roads and beach here in FL, and since there are no rocks or even hills, I don’t need the rugged rock climbing features. But the more I compare the models the less convinced I am that the OBX is going to be my choice. Being the ‘luxury’ choice I thought I’d be getting a lot more creature comforts or upgrades to justify the cost. But the 12” screen is not even standard! The hardtop is not standard. The leather is not standard! Not sure I even like the larger rims/skinnier tires. Heated side views in FL won’t ever be used. Painted side views and fender flares - who cares? I’m starting to get the feeling that the OBX is either a sucker’s bet or the soccer mom trim and I hate that. So please change my mind.... have I overlooked something that makes the OBX stand out in its own right? Otherwise, I’m probably better off dropping down a trim or two or three and then adding the options I really want. I’d appreciate any constructive thoughts or suggestions!!
Keeping the softtop might be better for an on the fly open air experience and will hopefully let you put it back up quickly if the weather gets bad.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am currently reserved for the BB with intent to get the mid-package but based on the pricing estimates on this forum, once I get the 2.7L the difference seems minimal. I am in the NE so some of the items offered standard on the OBX work for me. I am good with the soft top but am iffy on the same color fender flairs - prefer black. Build & Price will determine but if the outcome is within $1k-1500 I will likely go with OBX. It depends on what you need for where you live. I can see a BB with mid-package being better if you live in Fla.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OBX is the pretty one. It can be optioned into the luxury trim, but I think it sits where it does so that people that want the pretty version with color matched everything can afford it, and those that want the luxury items can add them. It makes sense to me at least, but I also haven't slept in 30 hours so don't put too much stock into what I say.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if the obx would have the same tires as the BD and the same flares I would be all over it.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There really should have been three trims. The base, OBX, and BL. The rest of the trims are just built off those. The Wildtrak is the OBX optioned out. First Edition is a BL. BB and BD could have been easily just been optioned base models. The could have easily followed the XLT, Limited, and Platinum of the Expedition. Much more simple method but alas Ford makes more money of the packages.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m starting to get the feeling that the OBX is either a sucker’s bet or the soccer mom trim and I hate that.
Not sure where this comes from. Take the OBX all the way up to Wildtrac or not, its your choice....thats why its the best model. AND you don't have to have the black handles, mirrors, and fenders with that grey top. The grey top is going to look great with color match body parts.

Cabronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OBX could end up being the best “bang for your buck” for those hoping to do some off-road but mostly DD. It has the option to add rear locker, comes with auto and mid. You add the 2.7L, the hardtop, rear locker, and it’ll be a few dollars “more affordable” than the lower trims with these added features. I’ve played with the “numbers” so much and I’m between BD with mid, 2.7L auto, HT, and the OBX 2.7L with rear locker, HT. Don’t mid the painted flares or side views. Waiting for that B&P like crazy ?

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OBX could end up being the best “bang for your buck” for those hoping to do some off-road but mostly DD. It has the option to add rear locker, comes with auto and mid. You add the 2.7L, the hardtop, rear locker, and it’ll be a few dollars “more affordable” than the lower trims with these added features. I’ve played with the “numbers” so much and I’m between BD with mid, 2.7L auto, HT, and the OBX 2.7L with rear locker, HT. Don’t mid the painted flares or side views. Waiting for that B&P like crazy ?
Dang it,i was about to post that i lost interest in the OB but after reading your post now i;m not so sure.You made some great points why it very well could be the best choice.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think that when B &P comes out we should be able to see the subtle differences in the interiors. This might make the OBX “nicer” than a similarly priced BB.
I would recommend making your list of must have, nice to have, and would love to have at a certain price features and then play with B & P and find which Bronco is right for you.
Good luck.
Sponsored