Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
I see a lot of people saying they don't like -insert- model because of the fender flares. The flares are easily swapped out and it's kind of a weird thing to base your trim level on in my opinion.
Sponsored

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think that when B &P comes out we should be able to see the subtle differences in the interiors. This might make the OBX “nicer” than a similarly priced BB.
I would recommend making your list of must have, nice to have, and would love to have at a certain price features and then play with B & P and find which Bronco is right for you.
Good luck.
I am going to go through every single model with the options i want and see which one is the best bang for the buck when B&P comes out

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I see a lot of people saying they don't like -insert- model because of the fender flares. The flares are easily swapped out and it's kind of a weird thing to base your trim level on in my opinion.
I agree - by far probably one of the easiest things to change on the vehicle.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree completely with the above poster. Ford also needs to rethink their pricing for upgrades. The Bronco is beginning to cost more than the 2021 Jeep, they seemed to have lowered prices because of the bronco.
wait till Summer, then I’m sure Jeep will be throwing out ridiculous discounts because the Broncos will be hitting the roads. I’m not saying to get a Jeep, just commenting on what they do in response. They already throwing in 3 yrs of maintenance I hear.

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m hoping that Ford makes an OBX- trim available that has high pkg std and comes with a manual. That would be my ideal rig.

Sponsored

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I‘ll drive it on the roads and beach here in FL, and since there are no rocks or even hills, I don’t need the rugged rock climbing features.
Not too familiar with beaches outside of South FL. Where are there beaches in FL you can drive on?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess I am not getting it. To me the Wildtrak is a OBX with a couple options added. Am I missing something?

Take the OBX add the SAS, 2.7, Auto 4x4, and Shadow Black hardtop....bam WT. It does have 1 more goat mode. Not sure that is going to do much. Oh and you get the WT sticker on the side and hood stripes :p

I basically want a WT without SAS.

Last edited:

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree completely with the above poster. Ford also needs to rethink their pricing for upgrades. The Bronco is beginning to cost more than the 2021 Jeep, they seemed to have lowered prices because of the bronco.
I own a 2000 Wrangler and was within weeks of purchasing a new Rubicon 4-door when Ford opened reservations. I have a Badlands 4-door reserved now. At no point since I changed my original plans has the Bronco been less expensive. The expected MSRP of the Bronco based on what I’ve found here is going to be around $52k-$55k optioned how I want it. The Rubicons I’ve looked at have similar MSRPs, but can be purchased at $45k - $48k. Where Ford has created some savings is offering upgraded off-road options on lower trims. (I.e. Base + Sasquatch). I hate how Jeep locks so much into their Rubicon trim.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First, I love, love, love the open air design of this truck. I‘ll drive it on the roads and beach here in FL, and since there are no rocks or even hills, I don’t need the rugged rock climbing features. But the more I compare the models the less convinced I am that the OBX is going to be my choice. Being the ‘luxury’ choice I thought I’d be getting a lot more creature comforts or upgrades to justify the cost. But the 12” screen is not even standard! The hardtop is not standard. The leather is not standard! Not sure I even like the larger rims/skinnier tires. Heated side views in FL won’t ever be used. Painted side views and fender flares - who cares? I’m starting to get the feeling that the OBX is either a sucker’s bet or the soccer mom trim and I hate that. So please change my mind.... have I overlooked something that makes the OBX stand out in its own right? Otherwise, I’m probably better off dropping down a trim or two or three and then adding the options I really want. I’d appreciate any constructive thoughts or suggestions!!
OBX and Base are my least favorites.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well OP the things you are complaining about not being standard aren't standard in any trim, but OBX is the first trim you can get leather, and the 12" screen on. So if you want those things dropping a trim won't do you any good bc those items aren't on lower trims

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gotta wait for b&p, but the funny thing is, the longer we wait the less likely I am to go with the Outer Banks as well. I decided today that I will not pay for a lux package just to get a heated steering wheel and a garage door opener and adaptive cruise. The heated wheel should be part of a cold weather package anyway. And the rest of them are not deal Breakers. So the Big Bend with the 2.7 and the mid package look pretty appealing if I can get the white modular roof.

MastadonSlayer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M2, 2023 Brocno BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was in the same boat early on. I made my reservation for an OBX. I had decided the mid package and body color flares were what I wanted plus add the v6. Then the photos and info of the Sasquatch started popping up. So I dropped down to the big bend and added mid, sas, v6. Then I realized how much more I was paying for the big bend over the base. Now granted you cannot get the mid package (plus some colors) on the base, but really the two things I’d miss are the 110v and heated seats. But here in the Texas hill country we don’t get much cold weather. Just like you in Florida. So I can pass on that. So now it’s a base Sasquatch v6 for me. In two months ?‍♂

Calypso

Heritage
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It all depends on the options you just gotta have! (2 doors used for price bases below)

Even without B&P available, I can break it down to having to buy all of the options I want for either the Big Bend or the Outer Banks. Adding $1600 MSRP for the Mid Package on the BB, that's still a $4000 difference (MSRP) to move up to the OB.

As I don't want the unique features of the OB (tube steps, color matching parts, optional luxuries N/A on the BB), I don't see the OB value proposition.

My only other trim level consideration has been the Black Diamond, with the same options where applicable. About $750 MSRP more (including Mid Package) than the BB, so pretty much of a wash there.

So my decision point is: Am I going to intentionally drive my new Bronco over large rocks? Yes = BD, No = BB. The BB will get me out past the cornfields (where the woods get heavy;)). And I can later add the BD protective bits from the aftermarket.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is just me but the OBX grille is my favorite, especially in white. The base grille is my second favorite but the badlands grille is just meh to me.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not too familiar with beaches outside of South FL. Where are there beaches in FL you can drive on?
Perhaps someone will chime in on the panhandle, but here in North Florida, you can drive on the beach. In St. Johns county (42 miles of coastline - 16 miles permit driving), the driving is restricted to the dry sugar sand near the dunes. 4WD is mandatory and even so, I have a large photo gallery of others who had a bad day at the beach digging. Flagler county does not allow driving on the beach. In Duval county, you can drive on at Huguenot Park - but pay attention to tides as they come in fast catching drivers unaware inundating vehicles. Fernandina Beach allows beach driving, but I've never been.
Sponsored