Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m also questioning my original OBX choice but it is the lowest trim to be able to get the high package and I do like the painted flares, etc. The only problem is that it needs the Badlands tires badly but that is fixable.
Sponsored

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. I think ford could rework the trims a bit to make it better. the big bend should get the mid package standard and then the outer banks should get the high package standard. That would make both of those trims more appealing.
I'm not expecting this to happen, but it sure would be awesome if Ford just included these packages and didn't raise the price.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I chose the obx originally, but I'm waiting on b&p so I can build each series with the options I want. Then I'll be able to compare apples to apples. Honestly, that's the only way any of us will be able to decide. I have a feeling that a bunch of us will be choosing different series once b&p is released. I just hope my wallet can handle my choices! ??????
Great minds! My plan is to do the same thing. That's why I'm anxious for b&p!!?

Sammy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Perhaps someone will chime in on the panhandle, but here in North Florida, you can drive on the beach. In St. Johns county (42 miles of coastline - 16 miles permit driving), the driving is restricted to the dry sugar sand near the dunes. 4WD is mandatory and even so, I have a large photo gallery of others who had a bad day at the beach digging. Flagler county does not allow driving on the beach. In Duval county, you can drive on at Huguenot Park - but pay attention to tides as they come in fast catching drivers unaware inundating vehicles. Fernandina Beach allows beach driving, but I've never been.
Don‘t forget Daytona.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don‘t forget Daytona.
I didn't. I just don't consider Daytona (or NSB) as North Florida. I consider that area Central Florida. South of the Cape, I don't think there are any beaches that permit driving. I'm not sure of beaches in the Panhandle.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was all about the OBX at first. But the more I thought about it, the more pointless I realized it would be. Have no desire to get leather, the high or Lux. Don't care for signature lighting. The fenders flares would be swapped for black. And the running boards would come off in favor of NFab hoop steps. What's really left other than the body colored mirrors. I'm on the Big Bend and Black Diamond now. The deciding factor will be if they decide to do washout and vinyl on all models. If they do Big Bend. If not Black Diamond.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First, I love, love, love the open air design of this truck. I‘ll drive it on the roads and beach here in FL, and since there are no rocks or even hills, I don’t need the rugged rock climbing features. But the more I compare the models the less convinced I am that the OBX is going to be my choice. Being the ‘luxury’ choice I thought I’d be getting a lot more creature comforts or upgrades to justify the cost. But the 12” screen is not even standard! The hardtop is not standard. The leather is not standard! Not sure I even like the larger rims/skinnier tires. Heated side views in FL won’t ever be used. Painted side views and fender flares - who cares? I’m starting to get the feeling that the OBX is either a sucker’s bet or the soccer mom trim and I hate that. So please change my mind.... have I overlooked something that makes the OBX stand out in its own right? Otherwise, I’m probably better off dropping down a trim or two or three and then adding the options I really want. I’d appreciate any constructive thoughts or suggestions!!
My thoughts exactly !!! I'm thinking Black Diamond now.. hoping the sound system is available at this trim, however it seems OBX and up only .. i also agree the OBX might be Similar to the Sahara parked out front of the elementary school waiting for the kids..

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You guys are brave. As much as I would like to have a Bronco. I am going to wait until I can sit in and drive all of the different models.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I initially picked OBX when I was a six pack of IPAs deep trying to get fords website to load at 11pm the night of the reveal. Lol

Everything I’ve learned about trims has OBX as the perfect fit for me. Painted fenders for AMB blue pops is very important to me. This will also be the family hauler car so creature comforts are nice.

After going through the survey prices, it seems like a 2.7 loaded OBX with lux pack ticks in at under 50k which I’m VERY happy about. Particularly for its application as other loaded family SUVs break 50k and don’t have a lot of the unique features that come with a bronco.

my only gripe is the tires. Q&A confirmed no tire options outside stock and Sasquatch (and now 37s). So sounds like to get 33 AT like the badlands will cost me over 1k across 5 tires, then I have to go through the hassle of eBaying the stock tires only to recoup a few hundred bucks (which annoys me). I’d happily pay Ford upwards of double the cost of the price difference between the 32s and 33s. It will still be less and the car would be delivered as I want it. So I really hope that’s something they end up offering.

Last edited:

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keeping the softtop might be better for an on the fly open air experience and will hopefully let you put it back up quickly if the weather gets bad.
I was a hardtopper, but the more I think about open air the more I want the folding soft top. I have a JL with hard top and it doesn’t take long but it’s kind of a pain in the ass.

Sponsored

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m gonna load it up. My experience with wranglers has been that I get my money back (or certainly more than any other vehicle) in resale when it has options and accessories. Really hoping this is the case for the Bronco.

Just have to cut out the things that are distractors or silly. F’rinstance, if that 12 inch screen doesn’t get really dim at night I don’t want it, etc.

Don’t fret OB, get what you want within your budget then enjoy the hell out of it.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
my only gripe is the tires. Q&A confirmed no tire options outside stock and Sasquatch (and now 37s). So sounds like to get 33 AT like the badlands will cost me over 1k across 5 tires, then I have to go through the hassle of eBaying the stock tires only to recoup a few hundred bucks (which annoys me). I’d happily pay Ford upwards of double the cost of the price difference between the 32s and 33s. It will still be less and the car would be delivered as I want it. So I really hope that’s something they end up offering.
Discount Tire takes tire trade ins. Drive it right there from the dealer and have them swapped out.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I agree. I think ford could rework the trims a bit to make it better. the big bend should get the mid package standard and then the outer banks should get the high package standard. That would make both of those trims more appealing.
I’ve been thinking along these lines for a few days now. I guess the complications start when Ford markets trim levels towards off-road prowess and maximum personalization. Its harder than the normal xl, XLT, Lariat progression, but try.

OP
OP
Beachcrawler

Beachcrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn't. I just don't consider Daytona (or NSB) as North Florida. I consider that area Central Florida. South of the Cape, I don't think there are any beaches that permit driving. I'm not sure of beaches in the Panhandle.
Grayton Beach, FL in the Panhandle. One of the most beautiful beaches in FL.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Discount Tire takes tire trade ins. Drive it right there from the dealer and have them swapped out.
closest one from me in NJ is 250 miles away. Nor other shop I spoke to said they’ll pay for take-offs
Sponsored