First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree, my 2 door base Sasquatch was the first new vehicle I have ever purchased in my life. I'm 46, I have pitched and patched junk together all my life. I ordered what I wanted and don't regret this purchase at all. Smiled from ear to ear when I saw it for the first time.
Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks everyone! Iā€™m really leaning towards the OBX with Sas. I really like the painted fenders on the OBX but I canā€™t stand the stock wheel/tire appearance otherwise, I feel like the OBX looks anemic or skipped leg day. The reason for the OBX over others like a BL or wild track is I like the leather interior options better on the OBX.

Is there a market for Sasquatch pull-off wheels and tires? I would love to pull off the M/Tā€™s and throw on a set of bronze methods wrapped in 35ā€ KO2ā€™s.

Does anyone have any experience towing with a Bronco, sas or stock?

*edit* I just realized I didnā€™t specify this would be a 4 door. We have a toddler and 2 dogs, gotta have the extra room.
You will NOT have painted flares if you go SAS. Unless you take them to a shop and have them painted. But the sas package is a good deal for what you get. If Inordered my OBX I would have squatched it. But I bought off the lot so No sas and threw on badlands wheels/tires.

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an OBX 4Dr with Lux. I opted for the Sas, having only novicely driven trails prior. Not only am I super pleased with the overall look and stance with the sas, it had also lead me to taking some trails and adventures I may not have always had the confidence for. The ride quality is excellent, and in a highly congested county in NJ, Im averaging between 19-20mpg.

OP
OP
NinjahGoose

NinjahGoose

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You will NOT have painted flares if you go SAS. Unless you take them to a shop and have them painted. But the sas package is a good deal for what you get. If Inordered my OBX I would have squatched it. But I bought off the lot so No sas and threw on badlands wheels/tires.
yeah, I knew that about the fenders. They would be a sacrifice Iā€™m willing to make for the sas package though.

I have an OBX 4Dr with Lux. I opted for the Sas, having only novicely driven trails prior. Not only am I super pleased with the overall look and stance with the sas, it had also lead me to taking some trails and adventures I may not have always had the confidence for. The ride quality is excellent, and in a highly congested county in NJ, Im averaging between 19-20mpg.
Thatā€™s much better mileage than I was expecting. Any highway driving mileage you can share?

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thatā€™s much better mileage than I was expecting. Any highway driving mileage you can share?
Thats an overall combo of both.... highway alone im between 20-21 with the adaptive cruise control.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NinjahGoose

NinjahGoose

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thats an overall combo of both.... highway alone im between 20-21 with the adaptive cruise control.
thatā€™s very surprising. Iā€™m used to the listed fuel economy online to be overestimated.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™ve also reserved an OBX and not loving the wheels either but Iā€™m leaning towards non SAS. For me the SAS package is overkill and I donā€™t really want 35s as they seem heavy and unnecessary unless you do a lot of hardcore rock crawling. Plus others here report that the Goodyear tires that come with it are not so great in heavy rain or heavy snow which means Iā€™m changing them at additional cost. If I stay with the OBX Iā€™ll consider upgrading to 33s with some vintage looking wheels and a half inch lift.

As far as performance, we drove a non-SAS Badlands on 33s in the Moab off rodeo and it was more than capable. The SAS would give you a front locker and improved shocks but of little use to you if not off-roading. I think even most people would say you would rarely, if ever, need a front locker. Keep in mind I think most people on here will say to Sasquatch it cause itā€™s cool looking but the value likely isnā€™t there for you.

If you want a different look from the factory and willing to pay more Iā€™d just order a Badlands with the 33s. That way you get better tires and all the off-roading features the the SAS has plus the sway bar disconnect which might help smooth out if/when driving some long gravel/dirt roads. Again, for me, do I NEED that capability? Im thinking probably not so Iā€™m likely staying on the OBX non SAS path but still keeping my options open.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can understand where you're coming from - in my opinion, the OBX wheels are some of the worst looking factory wheels I've seen in a while ... I think you should buy a non-sas OBX, and keep an eye out for a set of take-offs from another model like a Big Bend, Black Diamond or non-sas Badlands - you should be able to get a full set of wheels and tires for a reasonable price, then sell your OBX ones for whatever you can get to recoup a little money

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can understand where you're coming from - in my opinion, the OBX wheels are some of the worst looking factory wheels I've seen in a while ... I think you should buy a non-sas OBX, and keep an eye out for a set of take-offs from another model like a Big Bend, Black Diamond or non-sas Badlands - you should be able to get a full set of wheels and tires for a reasonable price, then sell your OBX ones for whatever you can get to recoup a little money
Thatā€™s what I did for the wheels. $1200 for all 5 with sensors sold my stock wheels for $700
Ford Bronco OBX to Sas or not to Sas 8DC1DC1D-9996-4C76-B150-B7AC57097203

Mgro

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Go Sasquatch all the way. I did the full meal deal Lux,2.7,mic,rails, Absolutely love this thing.

Ford Bronco OBX to Sas or not to Sas BA14855C-ED46-4A28-97CD-27107EA6C467

3BB67346-D8E1-42C6-B233-7E66D3D74F2C.png

C7B4B7EE-85A9-414D-B231-C90C4BD8979F.jpeg

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sasquatch is the only way to go IMO. I DD mine and it's fantastic. Plus not as many OBX Sasquatch out there.
Ford Bronco OBX to Sas or not to Sas 20220519_133345

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sas isnā€™t really necessary for what you want out of the Bronco. Go with it if you like the look since you wonā€™t be getting anything else out of it. And fyi aftermarket tires+rims will likely be more weight than the sas setup

OP
OP
NinjahGoose

NinjahGoose

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sas isnā€™t really necessary for what you want out of the Bronco. Go with it if you like the look since you wonā€™t be getting anything else out of it. And fyi aftermarket tires+rims will likely be more weight than the sas setup
I know people like to say that, but itā€™s just not true. The stock Sas wheel is 35.5lbs, the method 701 17x9 is 32lbs.

I know Sas isnā€™t really necessary for my driving but itā€™s good to have recommendations from people. If the badlands model offered different color interiors I would be all over that. I donā€™t like all black interiors, they tend to get hotter and show my dogs fur more.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, if youā€™re gonna do it, donā€™t forget to choose a proper haircut to go along with itā€¦šŸ™‚

Ford Bronco OBX to Sas or not to Sas CB597321-70CE-4D9B-A21E-EDB272CDB7BD
Sponsored