First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was all in on the BL with MGV until I saw how much I like the OBX with brown leather.

In all honesty, knowing myself, long term I will be minimally going out on trails. when I do it wont be anything crazy. However, I do live in FL where it rains quite a bit and may get caught with doors/top off.

Seeking opinions on going with leather interior (i dont like the cloth seats) in my situation. I also own 3 dogs. 2 will ride minimally but my Pit rides with me almost daily (he is the office head of security).

Side Note: Is it accurate that on the 2dr, even with leather, the seats are manual?
Sponsored

Parrett

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the Roast/Black Onyx Leather but the additional $2195 is making me second guess myself because I am considering upgrading to the LUX Package. The cloth has me scared. I watched the 'Interior Materials' video and they said the cloth for the OBX was a throwback to the old days. You all remember the cloth from the 5th Gen?

OBX starts at the 4:22 mark

The way it loosened up after a couple years looked like crap. The cloth insert for the OBX looks exactly the same. Am I just being paranoid, seat PTSD?

I looked and don't believe any of the Bronco Sports have these. I wanted to look before I order.
Ford Bronco OBX with leather interior. Minimal off roading Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 12.40.38 PM

Last edited:

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was all in on the BL with MGV until I saw how much I like the OBX with brown leather.

In all honesty, knowing myself, long term I will be minimally going out on trails. when I do it wont be anything crazy. However, I do live in FL where it rains quite a bit and may get caught with doors/top off.

Seeking opinions on going with leather interior (i dont like the cloth seats) in my situation. I also own 3 dogs. 2 will ride minimally but my Pit rides with me almost daily (he is the office head of security).

Side Note: Is it accurate that on the 2dr, even with leather, the seats are manual?
The two tone seats do look good, but with Dogs in the car every day MGV may be the better option.

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also have 3 dogs and I'm staying far far away from leather. It's going to get destroyed having larger dogs and their claws. MGV is essential if you have pets in my opinion.

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes it is accurate that seats on all packages on 2 doors are manual.

Question for those above... you guys think MGV is better with dogs? Reason I ask is I've had Ford leather in all my vehicles (expedition, F150, escape, explorer) over the past 15-20 years and my dogs ride with me frequently and I never had a problem. My dogs have been 40-60lbs and our dog now is about 50lbs. I was thinking MGV would be more prone to tears compared to leather so i was going to pony up for the leather again.

I never do cloth and yes I agree the "ribbed" cloth looks like $hit IMO and I imagine it will stretch terribly. Plus it will be a crumb magnet.

Taco_Sexual

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have leather in my current CX-5 and regularly tote around our 90lb dog. Once a year I buy a new dog cover (~$30) from Amazon and I've never had an issue with scratches or scrapes. He's always moving around, window-to-window, so it's not like he's stationary, either. I plan on OBX w/leather and am not concerned about it.
Sponsored