First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I need to get just the Standard Package in the Big Bend in order to keep the 7-speed manual - so I can not get the Mid Package which has the heated seats. I have been looking online at the heated seat kits that have a heating element that gets inserted inside the cloth seats. But these can not be used if the Bronco seats have the occupancy weight sensors. I know that my Jeep seats have these. Does anyone know if the Bronco seats have the occupancy weight sensors?
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Automatically retracts the roof rack to make sure you don't go over GRVW... am I doing this right?... šŸ˜ ....

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

7 speed manual does not impact what trim packages (standard/mid/high/lux) you can get. Only the model (Big Bend, Badlands etc) limits what packages are available. If using the B&P on the site and it is telling you that it is likely a glitch.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I need to get just the Standard Package in the Big Bend in order to keep the 7-speed manual - so I can not get the Mid Package which has the heated seats. I have been looking online at the heated seat kits that have a heating element that gets inserted inside the cloth seats. But these can not be used if the Bronco seats have the occupancy weight sensors. I know that my Jeep seats have these. Does anyone know if the Bronco seats have the occupancy weight sensors?
Leather power seats in the OBX 4D have sensors in them x5.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

7 speed manual does not impact what trim packages (standard/mid/high/lux) you can get. Only the model (Big Bend, Badlands etc) limits what packages are available. If using the B&P on the site and it is telling you that it is likely a glitch.
Thatā€™s what he is saying. Because he is getting the Big Bend, he canā€™t get mid package or higher with the 7-speed. He would need to get the Badlands for that combo to be possible.

Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s what he is saying. Because he is getting the Big Bend, he canā€™t get mid package or higher with the 7-speed. He would need to get the Badlands for that combo to be possible.
Big Bend can get the Mid package just nothing above that. Heated seats would come with the Mid and is unaffected by transmission choice.

Unless something changed with MY22 but I doubt they limited the BB to only standard package. Sorry if there is something obvious I'm missing but a manual and heated seats is available from factory on a BB.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Big Bend can get the Mid package just nothing above that. Heated seats would come with the Mid and is unaffected by transmission choice.

Unless something changed with MY22 but I doubt they limited the BB to only standard package. Sorry if there is something obvious I'm missing but a manual and heated seats is available from factory on a BB.
The MY21 build and price would automatically switch your transmission to automatic if you selected mid package or higher on any trim besides Badlands. I just tried it again on MY22 and it does the same thing. The build sheet Ford put out shows the equipment group for Mid package is not available with manual transmission except for Badlands trim.

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The MY21 build and price would automatically switch your transmission to automatic if you selected mid package or higher on any trim besides Badlands. I just tried it again on MY22 and it does the same thing. The build sheet Ford put out shows the equipment group for Mid package is not available with manual transmission except for Badlands trim.
Okay...yes that is what I meant when I said it is likely a glitch in the B&P. Others with a BB may be able to confirm. Transmission selection should not limited trim package selection.

OP
OP
Ride Em Bronco

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just to clarify, I know what I am getting - the Standard Package Big Bend which does not have the option of heated seats because a manual tranny for me is a must. And I am not willing to spend $10,000 more for the Badlands just to get the heated seats. I can buy a heated seat kit and have heating elements installed in the stock seats - but apparently that would mess up any occupancy weight sensor in the passenger seat which would not be legal (and I know there are heated seat pads you can strap on top of the seats but I want my seats to look like OEM heated seats). So unless the BB does not have that sensor (or I can find an installer who is willing to ignore the law), I am going to have to tough it out and drive with a cold ass - which is no problem for me but it will be for my GF.

Last edited:

Cleehb

Big Bend
First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot, Hyundai Pallisade
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not when I ordered, as soon as you made it manual trans it limited you.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think it would have the sensor. Idk why it would be an issue though, even if the extra pound or two from the element triggered the sensor, wouldn't adding adult weight on top re-arm the airbag again?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay...yes that is what I meant when I said it is likely a glitch in the B&P. Others with a BB may be able to confirm. Transmission selection should not limited trim package selection.
A lot of people are going to be fussy if that were true and you just had to add the package when manually ordering.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dude Iā€™m telling you itā€™s not a glitch. Itā€™s confirmed on the Bronco Order Guide for MY22. I attached it with the circled portions showing that 7 speed transmission is not available with package 222A (mid package designator for Big Bend). If you follow the 7 speed across the row, the mid package cell is grayed out. When I went to order my MY21 Black Diamond the dealer confirmed that it would not accept the combination of a 7 speed and the mid package.

If anyone out there has a Big Bend or Black Diamond with the manual and mid package, then I want to hear from them and see how they hacked the matrix.

E95B00E4-3F70-4925-BB2A-9E38DF0EB7F3.jpeg

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude Iā€™m telling you itā€™s not a glitch. Itā€™s confirmed on the Bronco Order Guide for MY22. I attached it with the circled portions showing that 7 speed transmission is not available with package 222A (mid package designator for Big Bend). If you follow the 7 speed across the row, the mid package cell is grayed out. When I went to order my MY21 Black Diamond the dealer confirmed that it would not accept the combination of a 7 speed and the mid package.

If anyone out there has a Big Bend or Black Diamond with the manual and mid package, then I want to hear from them and see how they hacked the matrix.

Ford Bronco Occupancy Weight Sensors In Seats? E95B00E4-3F70-4925-BB2A-9E38DF0EB7F3
I stand corrected. Interesting wrinkle in ordering for sure.
Sponsored