Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been looking for a trail like this in the Santa Monica mountains with scenic ocean views but found it in Santa Barbara. It's called West Camino Cielo.

Ford Bronco Ocean views along the trail on West Camino Cielo, Santa Barbara DSC05124-HDR-Pano

The route offers unbelievable views of the ocean on one side and Cachuma lake and mountain range on the other side.
If you are adventurous there are some 20-30% climbs on some off-shoots and various other challenges. The route itself was fairly easy with some parts requiring you to pay attention. Traffic flows both ways and I had to make accommodations, no biggie.
Ford Bronco Ocean views along the trail on West Camino Cielo, Santa Barbara Screen Shot 2022-11-27 at 12.09.28 PM

I met a gentleman who had a brand new Rubicon Gladiator AEV on 37s, who I followed up a few steep hills. It was def worth pushing some of my personal limits.

Ford Bronco Ocean views along the trail on West Camino Cielo, Santa Barbara IMG_6550

The last 1/4 of the route is on a narrow paved road.

I'll be going back at some point to catch sunset. Highly recommend.
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Wrong side of the US for me but looks like a beautiful ride. I am surrounded by water but no mountains here in the lowcountry.

OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wrong side of the US for me but looks like a beautiful ride. I am surrounded by water but no mountains here in the lowcountry.
Being high up is indeed a serene experience. Hopefully you can make it out west and give it a shot.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Beautiful! I’ll be taking my daughter back to Pepperdine in Malibu after Christmas, might have to spend an extra day and hit this!

SoCalG

Black Diamond
First Name
SoCalG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That looks amazing! I'll have to add that trail to the list for sure. Great looking bronco!
which red is that?

Sponsored
OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks amazing! I'll have to add that trail to the list for sure. Great looking bronco!
which red is that?
Thanks! It's Hot Pepper Red. My original order was for a black one, very happy I got this instead. Eruption green is very nice too.

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have wanted to run this trail, my grandparents lived in Montecito so I have fond memories of summers in the area. Have you run Big Caliente Spring Trail? I hear its easier but also has great views.

OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have wanted to run this trail, my grandparents lived in Montecito so I have fond memories of summers in the area. Have you run Big Caliente Spring Trail? I hear its easier but also has great views.
It was my first time up in the mountains there, so haven't run that trail yet. But I just added it to the list :) Thanks for the tip.
Sponsored