First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ordered a 2 door, hard top, Outer Banks 0n 11/2021. Dealer says that it's being built in October 2022. I haven't received any communication from Ford. Got me wondering, is this bull to keep me from canceling the order or legit. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, best thing you can do is get a VIN from your dealer. That and your order number and we can help you the rest of the way.

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ordered a 2 door, hard top, Outer Banks 0n 11/2021. Dealer says that it's being built in October 2022. I haven't received any communication from Ford. Got me wondering, is this bull to keep me from canceling the order or legit. Any thoughts?
Under no circumstances does your dealer want you to cancel your order. In their perfect world, you would just abandon your order and they would sell it on the lot with a mark-up. Call the Ford marketing line (you'll need the dealer sales code and your order number) and you can get an update. They can help you get those numbers if you don't have them (but you should ask the dealer first).

A51Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford FX4, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ask for the order number if you don't have the original order agreement and then ask for the vin number. This site has several trackers for your bronco after that. Also your reservation should show up under reservations when you login to the ford website.

OP
OP
Patrickgault

Patrickgault

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the info. I have the order number but no Vin as of yet. Dealer doesn't seem to have the vin. Is the vin generated when the build begins? I would hope that I would receive an email from Ford when my order is selected to be built.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Patrickgault

Patrickgault

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Attached is the build sheet. It's going to be a day driver with capabilities needed if the stuff hits the fan.

20220916_140930.jpg

OP
OP
Patrickgault

Patrickgault

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll do that for sure. I Appreciate the feedback! Thank you.

Brak101

Badlands
First Name
Brak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you get a an order confirmation email from Ford when the order was placed by your dealer?

I did not, and knew I was supposed to, so I pressed my dealer on it after I placed my order with them. They said their policy was to not include customer emails on the order for whatever reason that didn’t make sense to me. After insisting, they put my email address and I got the confirmation almost instantly.

Just last week, I got another email from Ford, saying I, too, and scheduled for October (and it included my VIN, and a link to check on the status of my order). Just the week prior to this, my dealer told me to brace myself for a 2023 MY. I’m sure he was making an educated guess, but the point is, he didn’t know anything for sure. Usually only Sales Managers place orders and can check statuses, and salesman have to go through their managers to get updates. Not all managers appreciate their workers constant nagging them for updates, so I understand how my salesman might not always have his finger on the pulse of MY order. I found out before him with the email from Ford, and that only happened because Ford had my email address on the order.

Best bet is to do what MNBigfoot suggested. They will get your VIN to you, and you can use that and the sales code to keep up to date on your order.

Good luck!

mj63

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It looks like you are scheduled to be built 10/22/22

Sponsored
OP
OP
Patrickgault

Patrickgault

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice, thats great news! I would have like to have been included in the email to Ford so I could get updates along the way. I appreciate you looking at this for me. Thank you very much.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What people don't realize is that if you "cancel" your order, the dealership will still have it shipped and sell it to someone else. So threatening them you're going to cancel just removes you from the mix, not the bronco.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What people don't realize is that if you "cancel" your order, the dealership will still have it shipped and sell it to someone else. So threatening them you're going to cancel just removes you from the mix, not the bronco.
Im going to follow up on one i cancelled for when it rolls to 2023. Because i wont sign anything so i hope its not in MY name.

Rockledge

Base
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Sasquatch , 1951 Willy's M-38
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm trying to decide what to do with my original order at Chapman. April 2021 reservation. It seems like they are not getting allocations and it will be a few YEARS before my order there is built. I was going to keep it as my wife has decided she wants a Bronco also.
My March walk in order at my local dealer is being built October 6th. I will probably let my reservation cancel and order locally again.

OP
OP
Patrickgault

Patrickgault

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, I'd never imply to the dealer I was going to cancel. I was just thinking that my dealer gave me a build date with no proof to keep my spirits up. I'll ride this out to the end. I just hate that finance rates are going up as I wait.
Sponsored