Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
QUOTE="Wanted33, post: 1081849, member: 1353"]
Jake, maybe this will give you a bit of solace. When I contacted Hunter at Granger to change my order to soft top he told me I was sitting at 406 in line with my 10/04 res. So, you should be a little ahead of me. Heck, you may have broken into the 300's. :)
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update, but I am not in need of any solace. Since you are at the (possibly) least favored dealer in the nation (per Ford actions) and maybe a couple dozen orders between us, I expect you will have your soft top delivered about 20 months before my 2-door is scheduled. No hate, hope you get it as soon as possible. I am content as I gave up any hope of Ford acting ethically and going back to honoring their original word long, long ago.
Sponsored

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an October 2nd res that I will keep. I am in a Badlands 4-door soft top that I got with my day 1 reservation at my local dealer, so I am in no hurry at all. Hoping for more colors/options by the time I am actually close to scheduling for the next one.

Edit: by the time the Oct res comes due, it may even be time to think about replacing my wife's Jeep, so may end up using it for that.

AaronS

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am an Oct 7th 2020 res holder. Back in August I picked up a 2018 4dr Wrangler Sport S through Granger to hold me over with plans to give it to my fiance whenever I get my Bronco. This was the first Wrangler either of us had driven and we loved it. By October my fiance no longer wanted to drive her Escape and with the quality issues with the Bronco I decided to shop for another Wrangler after finding out I am #503 (could be lower now). I found a new 21 Willys for invoice in November so I jumped on it.

I am happy with both of my Wranglers but I still want the Bronco. I think the Bronco looks better overall but I don't like how I have to get the Lux package to get a heated steering wheel and the garage door opener. Both of my Wranglers have heated steering wheelswhich worked amazing today (was -2 when I left home) and garage door openers. I also don't like how most owners say the audio is garbage. I like the audio in the Wrangler (not the "premium" option).

Since I can't 99 my order I will most likely change my options to delay production of mine to bump other Oct res holders up a spot.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

QUOTE="Wanted33, post: 1081849, member: 1353"]
Jake, maybe this will give you a bit of solace. When I contacted Hunter at Granger to change my order to soft top he told me I was sitting at 406 in line with my 10/04 res. So, you should be a little ahead of me. Heck, you may have broken into the 300's. :)
Thanks for the update, but I am not in need of any solace. Since you are at the (possibly) least favored dealer in the nation (per Ford actions) and maybe a couple dozen orders between us, I expect you will have your soft top delivered about 20 months before my 2-door is scheduled. No hate, hope you get it as soon as possible. I am content as I gave up any hope of Ford acting ethically and going back to honoring their original word long, long ago.
[/QUOTE]

Right there with you my friend. With the 2.7L, and LUX package on my order I have a feeling dropping the MIC isn't going to help much. I've resigned myself to the fact that Ford couldn't care less when reservation holders get their Broncos as long as the big boys are happy. I wish you much luck on your 2-door.

Heck, maybe buy the time we get our build dates there will be so many Bronocs on the road Ford will be offering an incentive to get them sold. I know, like my Dad always said, "Boy, you're talking out your ass, because your head knows better". :)

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I canceled mine 2 weeks ago since it was in the 700 series.. No need for it anymore.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I am a July 17, 2020 res. My order was submitted originally in march 21, then 99’d and then resubmitted last August as I recall.

Can I change my color at this point? Or does that push me back any further?
Sure you can. You can change basically anything until you get scheduled and even then, you can still change the color depending on when it is scheduled. Paint has never been a constraint to the best of my knowledge. Just don’t change it to Antimatter Blue or Rapid Red!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am a July 17, 2020 res. My order was submitted originally in march 21, then 99’d and then resubmitted last August as I recall.

Can I change my color at this point? Or does that push me back any further?
Yes sir, just give them a couple days to answer your email as they are quite busy. They took care of my request for a change with no problem, and sent me the order form showing my change the same day.

Last edited:
OP
OP

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

10/3 (or thereabouts I think) here, maybe 475 back in line. I am quite pleased as more time goes on. The irrational excitement of getting the new shiny is almost completely gone, gives me a more pragmatic perspective; Full disclosure, 2-door, BL, manual, EG.

The continued inability for anyone to post a picture of a hard-top, especially in 2-door form, that is not showing signs of build quality I wouldn't accept in a 1984 Yugo is making me happy I don't have to deal with that (not that 2-door folks in general are getting a lot of them anyway). My best case estimate is very late '23 to mid '24 (which, if Ford ever does produce Mod-tops, I will be 'pumped' to get one and they should be at least on the RADAR at that time.) One would assume the not-so niggling faults on the MIC and in the vehicle itself might be improved.

It also gives me time to wait for the new 4Runner and the straight six Grand Cherokees should be out by then for my consideration (yes, I know the roof and doors won't come off either of those, I am one of the (surprisingly many) folks that tolerate the the leaky and loud MIC as a trade-off for the manual transmission option. If I choose to go with an automatic, there are better matches for my needs and wants.)

It has been a very long time since I sent my $100, means nothing to me at this point (I'll even get it back if I cancel), Granger, as others have pointed out have earned my business and, to date, have given me zero stress or worry. I will stay the course for now, costs me essentially nothing financially or in the stress department. Might turn out the incremental improvements (or outright update by the time I get to the time Ford deems me important enough to service) are worth the wait.
Good points!

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am one of the very last Grangtober order placers. Did mine on Halloween night cause I didn't want to risk it coming too soon. If only I knew then what I know now!

I honestly don't know what to do. I have a lease that comes up this October and feel trapped. I actually drove a bronco today at a local dealership and they had just advised me that they are now charging 2.5k over MSRP for orders, and if you get a sasquatch, or wildtrack, it's $5k over MSRP. So in the end, if I move my order now, I would pay close to $10k more than Granger. I am so lost. I know that if I give up, and pick another vehicle, that I will regret what could have been.

Sponsored

ilkhan

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Early 2021 reservation (I cancelled my original, then ordered again, both with Granger). After some wifey discussions I'll most likely skip the Bronco and end up with a (superduty) Tremor for a whole host of reasons. But still waiting on the finances to drop into place to put in that order.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am one of the very last Grangtober order placers. Did mine on Halloween night cause I didn't want to risk it coming too soon. If only I knew then what I know now!

I honestly don't know what to do. I have a lease that comes up this October and feel trapped. I actually drove a bronco today at a local dealership and they had just advised me that they are now charging 2.5k over MSRP for orders, and if you get a sasquatch, or wildtrack, it's $5k over MSRP. So in the end, if I move my order now, I would pay close to $10k more than Granger. I am so lost. I know that if I give up, and pick another vehicle, that I will regret what could have been.
Keep looking for a dealer that will do MSRP or less. They are out there but they might not be “local”. The hype and demand goes down as each Bronco is delivered so the future is brighter for Bronco buyers than it is now. The people who paid ADM will never get that money back once the market corrects …they just paid it to drive the Bronco 12-18 months earlier, So don’t feel bad.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m a last day of the month Grangetober reservation.aVery happy with Grangers communication and ethics.

it is my 2nd reservation. My first was/is a late July 2020 at my local dealer. i am now getting very to getting picked up for scheduling on that one. But that dealer is adding $10K ADM for on-Sasquatch and $25K ADM for Sasquatch. Fuck that, no way am I paying that. At least they were honest and told me about ADM though.

I have seriously thought about a Bronco Sport through Granger. I would do that in a heartbeat, as I have a friend who bought one and he loves it. But that would just reward Ford.

If you look at my early posts here on B6G I was very upfront about Ford screwing me on a warranty claim on a 1994 Bronco that I bought brand new. I said in 2020 that Ford was still on probation with me.

And now Ford does this bullshit.

I am not a Ford customer, I am a Granger customer. Maybe I will buy a Jeep from Granger.

JMV123

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350/2015 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands/Lux/2.7/now softtop and no bumper hitch for 22. 10/24 reservation holder with Granger after cancelling my other order in August from a local dealer who knew nothing and stole my reservation. Switched it over to Granger, visited the dealership in September along withattending the Bronco Rodeo in September which was awesome BTW. Changed order from Modular top to MIC and recently to soft and deleted tow pkg.
I have been a Ford person for 40 yrs and purchased at least 12 new. This entire allocation process gave me a bad taste but I am hanging on until the end of 22 when I will reassess the situation and Toyota will have the 23 4Runner released. Anyway, my fingers are crossed for now but patience is a virtue I may not have after 2022. Not blaming Granger but Ford!
Sponsored