Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's pretty disheartening. I too dropped my Sept res for a late October doing the math thinking reserving a few days late would push me back a few months. Not fucking YEARS!!!

I was guessing late summer originally. Don't know what I will do once the calendar Ford mailed me rolls over.
Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's pretty disheartening. I too dropped my Sept res for a late October doing the math thinking reserving a few days late would push me back a few months. Not fucking YEARS!!!

I was guessing late summer originally. Don't know what I will do once the calendar Ford mailed me rolls over.
I'm not canceling my Granger reservation, but I'm also exploring other options just because of the time frame that was mentioned to me.

By 'other options' I mean I've got searches up on some car sites (Autotrader, Cars.com & Carguru) and searching for abandoned orders/reservations.

It's kind of pointless now and I'm not even remotely serious at the moment, especially with all the ADM b.s on them, but if production doesn't see too many hiccups that could change in 6 to 10 months.

I doubt I'll be lucky enough to win the Ford lotto and see my build this year, but I plan on keeping in touch with Hunter about every 6 months-ish to see if anything has changed.

I'll also be watching for any info or updates that Zach posts.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree but I am on in years, medical issues and my hour glass is running out of sand so sooner or later I have to pick up another vehicle. The Granger folks have been great and that is why I chose them and they are 1100 miles away! It is not just buying a Bronco but “customer service” which seems absent in the auto industry these days. Anyway, in the meantime I am hanging with Granger and I have my fingers crossed🤞
I do understand Jeff. I'm 68, and hoping I get mine before the DMV pulls my license for being too damned old the drive. :)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, this is easy for me to say, but keep the faith that anything can happen. I am a 10/27 Grangetober reservation holder and am scheduled for a build next week (1/10).

I don’t understand the Ford Voodoo that made this a possibility. I am thankful and appreciative that it happened. I can’t imagine that my build is different than someone ahead of me. I understand the pure luck in this build date.

I was an original OBX, 2.7, Sasquatch, Tow, MIC, etc. In October this year when placing an order for a ‘22, I dropped to a non-Sas, 2.3, soft top. I am okay with this swap and that is why I did it. I was willing to hold out - hell, I was expecting a ‘23 too.
Good for you Ryan. And thanks, you have given me some hope. :)

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm patiently waiting. I've wanted the mod top anyways, so I'm sorta stuck regardless.

My local dealer is trash and tried to charge my neighbor $20k ADM on his ordered Bronco, even with his signed price agreement. So I'm not confident we'd ever come to terms lol

If I stumbled across a semi local dealer that had allocation and MSRP I'd consider ordering a 2 door WT and hoping for the best. 2 doors seem to still be trickling out at this point though, and MIC quality isn't exactly earth shattering.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Congratulations! You appear to the the first and only non-Grangetober person butting into the thread and who ignored the question asked. I almost care enough to ask why you have a desire to bad mouth Granger and people who chose them, 'did they touch you in a bad place?' Something along those lines, but as I said; I almost care enough...

When might we expect your self-important interjections on the other 3400 Ford dealers your didn't choose for reasons which have nothing to do with anyone else's reasons? (Not everyone lives where you do or values things like you do)

Seriously, read the thread, see how many times price is mentioned. The pricing (my loaded up badlands will be about $4500 or so below MSRP since you focused only on price). A stress-free experience is what people are talking about. Honesty, consistency, ethical, etc. pretty much everything Ford ran away from The pricing for most is just icing on that cake. The value you don't see is because you are limiting yourself to pricing and time. Whatever works for you...but,

Have you considered the extra dental costs from stress-grinding your teeth worrying about other people and their dealer?

You don't have to justify your choices by trying to denigrate others and the choices they make, we don't care about you and your choices, why do you care about ours?
Ford Bronco October Granger reservation holders mic dro

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not that this helps anyone. But I am very curious as to how Ford will handle this for 2023 once the model year switches over.
Zach, I'm guessing like last time, FUBAR. :)

BTW, kudos to your Bronco team for handling my change so quickly.

Last edited:

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm a 1-Oct RSVP holder. Staying the course for now.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not that this helps anyone. But I am very curious as to how Ford will handle this for 2023 once the model year switches over.
This has been a nagging thought in the back of my mind. It's also what prompted me to contact Hunter.

I've got this nagging feeling that once '22 is over, Ford will tell us to go fly a kite and buy off a Dealers lot.

Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This has been a nagging thought in the back of my mind. It's also what prompted me to contact Hunter.

I've got this nagging feeling that once '22 is over, Ford will tell us to go fly a kite and buy off a Dealers lot.
They have already committed to reservation holders that they could hold for the mod top, so I don't see them backtracking on that.

I would also think 98% of dealers will have exhausted their reservations.

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They have already committed to reservation holders that they could hold for the mod top, so I don't see them backtracking on that.

I would also think 98% of dealers will have exhausted their reservations.
Zach, I am noticing that other dealerships are still taking orders, and customers are getting those orders scheduled for build. Do you believe dealerships that have exhausted all of their preorders will continue to receive orders? Also, is there anything that stops them from "custom ordering" broncos for dealer stock?

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Zach, I am noticing that other dealerships are still taking orders, and customers are getting those orders scheduled for build. Do you believe dealerships that have exhausted all of their preorders will continue to receive orders? Also, is there anything that stops them from "custom ordering" broncos for dealer stock?
Yes, I'm positive they are.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As you mentioned later that some are waiting for the modular HT, the current reservations in the system will remain to accommodate those buyers. But what will happen to those that have reservations/orders that are stuck in "allocation purgatory" after MY'23? Many have surmised that Ford will cancel any remaining reservations in the system after the modular HT demand is met for MY'23. If the reservation ID is cancelled/removed from Ford's system, will Granger continue to honor those orders for as long as it takes for Ford to build them?

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As you mentioned later that some are waiting for the modular HT, the current reservations in the system will remain to accommodate those buyers. But what will happen to those that have reservations/orders that are stuck in "allocation purgatory" after MY'23? Many have surmised that Ford will cancel any remaining reservations in the system after the modular HT demand is met for MY'23. If the reservation ID is cancelled/removed from Ford's system, will Granger continue to honor those orders for as long as it takes for Ford to build them?
Order to meet demand seems to be the new model. I see no reason why FMC would cancel an order even if the basis was an original reservation. With that said, reservations that aren't converted to an order could end up being wiped from the system.
Sponsored