Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perhaps someone can help. I've installed a true proximity sensor and connected to hood sensor in the BCM. Works perfectly when a door is left open and reach in. However, when the door electronics are disconnected, no alarm is triggered. It appears it's because when doors are off, you can open the hood with no alarm. We will try to connect to the trunk BCM (if their is one) and see what happens. But any suggestions prior regarding alarm when doors are off?
Sponsored

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you using the proxy switch as a trigger for the alarm when the doors are off? Just trying to understand what you are doing.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you using the proxy switch as a trigger for the alarm when the doors are off? Just trying to understand what you are doing.
Not sure to be honest they said they tied into the hood sensor. Had it done at a local shop. Just got off the phone to let them know. Can they connect to a proxy switch and where is it located? They do jeeps every day, but this is the first Bronco.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Idk how Ford disables that when the doors are off but I would guess it's in the connector for the door? Maybe find a diagram and see what wire sends that signal and make a jumper or dummy connector to trick the system? Idk how that would work with the doors being off. I would have to see a diagram for the Bronco lol

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's basically set up so that when the aftermkt proximity sensor is triggered, it sets off the hood alarm. But it only works when doors are still plugged in. Unplug doors as of they are off and the hood does trigger alarm.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's basically set up so that when the aftermkt proximity sensor is triggered, it sets off the hood alarm. But it only works when doors are still plugged in. Unplug doors as of they are off and the hood does trigger alarm.
Yea I got it now lol I would try the tailgate and see if it will set the alarm off with the doors disconnected and if not I would look into what triggers the alarm to be on. I would assume it's a wire that is in the door connector but I could be wrong.
Sponsored