Sponsored

Odds that the Build & Price portal crashes after launch in August?

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hoping the Ford CIO has completed the needed load testing on the Build & Price tool to ensure it can handle the internet traffic. With all of the pent up excitement and outstanding questions on what really is offered, this portal is going to get slammed like the opening of the ACA portal when Obamacare went live.

Canā€™t have a re-do of the launch debacle when many of us were begging them to take our money to get a shot at a First Edition only to have it crash repeatedly.

I am rooting that Ford IT gets it right this time. I am sure that staff has a mountain of pressure on themselves right now. Hit a homerun and all will be forgiven....until people find out they canā€™t get the white top with Cactus Grey in all trims. The marketing and product teams better hide then. LOL.
Sponsored

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The members of this forum WILL break that website when it goes live. I already know it!

Me? I'm way more patient than most of you guys. Since there is ZERO time sensitivity here, it doesn't really matter. On reserve night, however, I wasn't so chill . . . lol

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have it on good authority that the Ford CIO is working on boosting their capacity at this very minute. Secret spy photo.... shhhhhh!

Ford Bronco Odds that the Build & Price portal crashes after launch in August? 1595712232805

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I offer my home server as a backup. So, Ford if you would just go ahead and send me the files so I can make sure I have a reliable version....that'd be great.

schase

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I sympathize. Sites like Ford aren't built to handle traffic surges like video and live TV providers. But they should have learned a lot from the reservation launch and at least upgraded their capabilities.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I offer my home server as a backup. So, Ford if you would just go ahead and send me the files so I can make sure I have a reliable version....that'd be great.
Hmmm...?... I wonder if they would willing to use mines as well...:cool:?

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I sympathize. Sites like Ford aren't built to handle traffic surges like video and live TV providers. But they should have learned a lot from the reservation launch and at least upgraded their capabilities.
Like hosting the Build/Price on Amazon.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even companies whose product is centered around the internet still inevitably get overloaded when a new feature or product launches.
I'd say we're guaranteed to have a outage of some sort.

My greater concern is if the info in the build tool is actually accurate when it launches. Don't need mistakes that have to be corrected.

I'd rather they take a bit more time and make sure the info and options are correct, even if it means the tool is delayed.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it crashes itā€™s not a big deal. Not as if itā€™d be long lasting.

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hoping the Ford CIO has completed the needed load testing on the Build & Price tool to ensure it can handle the internet traffic. With all of the pent up excitement and outstanding questions on what really is offered, this portal is going to get slammed like the opening of the ACA portal when Obamacare went live.

Canā€™t have a re-do of the launch debacle when many of us were begging them to take our money to get a shot at a First Edition only to have it crash repeatedly.

I am rooting that Ford IT gets it right this time. I am sure that staff has a mountain of pressure on themselves right now. Hit a homerun and all will be forgiven....until people find out they canā€™t get the white top with Cactus Grey in all trims. The marketing and product teams better hide then. LOL.
I thought about just hanging back a couple of days myself to let things cool down a bit. If a 50,000 people get on at once I am sure it will crash.
Sponsored