No C

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought the OEM 4 pin trailer harness along with the hitch. I know, I know. There are cheaper aftermarket options out there. I definitely wanted the wiring harness OEM due to most of the wiring is installed inside the vehicle away from the elements. Especially western PA salt from the roads in the winter. I am debating attempting to film it and posting it. I have never done anything like that. I feel like I can accomplish making one. The wiring harnes install requires pulling most of the interior panels off the driver side. I didn't notice any installation videos for this. Thoughts?
Sponsored

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not entirely sure whatā€™s different about the oem harness other than that you have to splice into taillight wires instead of plug n plays that are available (which I installed after ordering the oem and deciding I didnā€™t want to cut factory tail light wires). They both install via adhesive behind rear body panels. I will say that the ford kit came with a better assortment of wire sheathing- mainly the insulated sheathing for around the muffler. I ended up using the best parts from both kits. Satisfied so far!

OP
OP
No C

No C

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not entirely sure whatā€™s different about the oem harness other than that you have to splice into taillight wires instead of plug n plays that are available (which I installed after ordering the oem and deciding I didnā€™t want to cut factory tail light wires). They both install via adhesive behind rear body panels. I will say that the ford kit came with a better assortment of wire sheathing- mainly the insulated sheathing for around the muffler. I ended up using the best parts from both kits. Satisfied so far!
I found a video of a dude who installed one but ran it under his Bronco n zip tied the box to his bumper. šŸ˜†. I was hoping to see some of the interior panels being removed. All I know is I'm stopping at Hobo Freight and picking up those interior panel removal tools.

2DRBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed the OEM hitch and wiring yesterday. Took the whole day to complete but was worth it. It took the LHS light out and managed to avoid removing the RHS one. There is not much room to splice the wiring but it can be done. Hardest points for me was removing the rear trim around the light (the are a few you tube videos showing how to do that and very worth watching) I used a plastic trim removal tool and was very useful. The other problem I ran into was replacing the light. It was not quite in the right place and the other trim was pushed way out of alignment so take care with that. Removing the interior trim was a pain but didnā€™t need completely removing just yank the tops open and can reach behind. Iā€™ll try to post some pics. Attaching the hitch is easiest part once bumper is off.

1D491F4C-0606-411C-84A8-81D9477BE2ED.jpeg

9339FF60-1723-4AA4-84FE-34C629FCDE67.jpeg

1F301779-1490-447C-A782-AFF0D0EF4796.jpeg

F763FA3E-01C0-4830-98BD-8B54D8A9DF21.jpeg

85462B36-9FEB-4AB1-8634-EB65E414CB16.jpeg
Sponsored

Reactions: Fly