First Name
Uzair Dossani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW iX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi all. I would appreciate any advice. I have a 2023 2Dr OBX in Red. I do not like the stock rims, and am looking for an all-black or close to it look. I really want OEM rims vs. aftermarket.

I can spend $1000 to powder coat them black, but for the same price I could buy the upgraded Black Diamond rims, like these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1555097915...CqE9fuwES0PB6w4xWJ+m6MFw==|tkp:Bk9SR7T_nsyTYg

Thoughts on powder coating vs. the black diamond rims? Any other OEM take-offs I should consider? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Sponsored

FoxFour281

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You'll be going from a 18" rim to a 17". I think both are the same width of 7.5" and have the same backspacing. How wide of a tire you can fit will be limited by the width and backspacing. Don't plan on anything bigger than a 285/70-17 tire.

Powder coating will probably last longer than Ford's clearcoat... So there's that too.

You will be better off if you can score a set of sasquatch rims (17X8.5) if you really want to stick with OE rims.

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i like the big bends myself and no prob getting 12.50 wide on any bronco rims except base. i put 37x 12.50r17s on my big bends which are 7.5 wide...most non sasq takeoffs 300 to 500 except sasq closer to 1k
Sponsored