First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was looking at this area after taking delivery the other night and thinking that it will look like shit after a short while. I’m going to look into a roll on or spray on liner for the inside of the tailgate and possibly the plastic panels inside. I don’t think the liner would work on the carpeted seat backs, but it might be worth a try.
Sponsored

Underground Graphics

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undergroundgraphics.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 20 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
perfect opportunity for someone to make and sell a strip of film to protect this area some xpel or other car wrap material would be perfect
Done. (actual PPF iis clear, ...this is just to show protection area)

Give is a minute to get this on the site, we have an install video as well on the YouTube channel that will probabaly be up by end of the week.

Greg ;)

Ford Bronco OEM cargo mat scratching inside of tailgate rear gate PPF

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Done. (actual PPF iis clear, ...this is just to show protection area)

Give is a minute to get this on the site, we have an install video as well on the YouTube channel that will probabaly be up by end of the week.

Greg ;)

Ford Bronco OEM cargo mat scratching inside of tailgate image
I’m curious what it looks like up close due to the pinch welds,

Underground Graphics

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It means you cut those parts out for cargo tie downs. (If you want to use them.)
Look again, there are two arrows , ones pointing at the d ring cut ( which you are talking about ) but what is the arrow my arrow is pointing at mean ? It has nothing to do with the D ring cut out .To look at it another way, there are 4 D Ring cut outs but 5 arrows

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Look again, there are two arrows , ones pointing at the d ring cut ( which you are talking about ) but what is the arrow my arrow is pointing at mean ? It has nothing to do with the D ring cut out .To look at it another way, there are 4 D Ring cut outs but 5 arrows
Oh I see. Haha. I don't have a mat, does it need trimming in that area? I'll have to check my truck later.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone tried the carpet mat from the Base or Big Bend? It looks like the Gorilla brand mats I had in my VW’s. I had great luck with those over the years.

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, who knows what this means,
Ford Bronco OEM cargo mat scratching inside of tailgate rear gate PPF 02
It said something about that being for a fire extinguisher on the bottom of the rubber mat or on the instructions. Another Ford accessory that didn't make it to production?

Underground Graphics

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It said something about that being for a fire extinguisher on the bottom of the rubber mat or on the instructions. Another Ford accessory that didn't make it to production?
Thanks for he reply, I did not see anything on these so call instructions sheet and I did not look at the bottom of the mat, appreciate your input. I was thinking it maybe had something to do with Holding the mat in position to keep it from marring the tailgate but I didnt see any bolt holes in the floor.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I see. Haha. I don't have a mat, does it need trimming in that area? I'll have to check my truck later.
Yea Ford instructions sheet designers need to find a new job. Its no wonder the mat moved on the OP rig, Trying to decipher this instruction sheet which should other wise be a simple thing has left me scratching my head to prevent it from doing to my FE what it did the the OP rig. I ended up putting PPF on my tailgate and I am now researching some good rubber/vinyl glue to glue two small pieces of industrial grade Velcro to the top bottom corners to hold it in place. I haven’t came to grips with cutting out the D ring holes yet as it seems like that will let sand , water under the mat which is defeating the purpose of the mat, lol.

OP
OP

Palmermc

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.markpalmer-design.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yea Ford instructions sheet designers need to find a new job. Its no wonder the mat moved on the OP rig, Trying to decipher this instruction sheet which should other wise be a simple thing has left me scratching my head to prevent it from doing to my FE what it did the the OP rig. I ended up putting PPF on my tailgate and I am now researching some good rubber/vinyl glue to glue two small pieces of industrial grade Velcro to the top bottom corners to hold it in place. I haven’t came to grips with cutting out the D ring holes yet as it seems like that will let sand , water under the mat which is defeating the purpose of the mat, lol.
Exactly. Seems you’re discovering the reasons why I felt that they didn’t really think this thing through holistically. Could be better for sure…
Sponsored