Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's another thing you don't have to worry about if your res is with Granger. They have already notified their customers that the front plate bracket will not be installed unless requested by the buyer. Now that's a good dealer.
I checked with Serramonte Ford (SF Bay Area, CA). They said:
"We are going to only put the bracket on by customer request, so no worries."
Sponsored

OP
OP
LIKEABOSS

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I live in a state where front plates are not required.

What annoys me is that some OE front plate mounts are drilled into the bumper plastic so removing them looks horrid with plugs for the holes of some kind or getting the entire fascia replaced which is costly.

One dealership is known for using 'dealership' emblems that they screw into the trunk/tailgate to install rather than use stick-on emblems, and they are also known to always install the front plate mount and put their 'dealer logo' plate on every vehicle, too.

I didn't pay for a vehicle to have screws drilled into bumpers, tailgates, or otherwise, and I am not going to give a dealership free advertising, either. Earn it through customer service, not putting holes in my vehicle before I get it.
For some reason Ford decided to drill and mount the current Explorer and Aviator front license plate brackets prior to dealer delivery in states that require a front plate. Installing plugs or figuring out other ways to hide the holes comes up a lot in groups for those vehicles. Thankfully they've decided to let it be done at the dealer level for the Bronco.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on buying the motorized version and writing it to a Aux Switch..

Not for nefarious reasons, just like the automation aspect.
I like that idea. Aux Switch 6. I don't have enough uses for all of those switches, anyway. I can leave it out-of-the-way unless needed. Are you saying there's a company that already has a motorized version, or this will be DIY?

TSSPat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like that idea. Aux Switch 6. I don't have enough uses for all of those switches, anyway. I can leave it out-of-the-way unless needed. Are you saying there's a company that already has a motorized version, or this will be DIY?
There are motorized kits, but the real DIY is how to Mount it. Maybe I'll make a seperate thread so all the great minds on here can pitch in ideas

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I officially placed my order, I asked my Dealer to please note somewhere not to drill or install it. He said they have to install it by law (NJ) and that the only way they would agree not to, is if I brought an alternative with me. So I gotta hope there's a clean alternative introduced, by the time I get my reserved-in-the-first-12-hours Bronco, in God knows when . . .

TSSPat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JIMBAD1

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner V8, 67 Dodge R/T, 71 Honda 750 K1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whether it is the plastic or MOD bumper, they both mount to the same holes in the fascia. My dealer will not install the bracket at my request. In states that require front plates they will install in during the PDI, so you better confirm it. Credit to the person that posted this picture months ago. Both slots line up with these holes.
Ford Bronco OEM Front License Plate Bracket is Dealer Installed IMG_0359.JPG

Squatch This

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee 4Dr V6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I live in a state that requires a front license plate but the manager at my dealership had the good common sense NOT to deface my Bronco with this asinine placement that Ford came up with. When he delivered my Bronco to the house, he gave me the front plate mount, still in the bag, and said he figured I wouldn't want it attached, due to the damage to the painted facial body molding. Even he said it was ridiculous. Great guy! Ended up getting the KR off-road plate bracket instead.
Sponsored