jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FYI - its mounted lower in the non steel bumper. It overlaps/intersects the top of the plastic bumper.

Obviously they cant do that with a steel bumper, so it sits above the steel cross members.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Been watching front plates here in Chicago area, shocked to see 5-10% of front plates not on! So I'm inclined at most to seriously hang it on the skid plate, maybe with some bushings on the lower part so that it's partly visible....assuming you can get behind the skid plate for washers and nuts.

B-Dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With the mod front bumper, could it go between the recovery points? I feel like that would look a little better than up above the bumper. Having it above the bumper in the middle kind of screws up having a winch.
I'm hoping something like this might work on a recovery point ( Kentrol Shackle Mounted License Plate Bracket). Maybe they will make one for the Bronco.
Ford Bronco OEM Front License Plate Bracket is Dealer Installed 1620057162270

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's another thing you don't have to worry about if your res is with Granger. They have already notified their customers that the front plate bracket will not be installed unless requested by the buyer. Now that's a good dealer.

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FYI - its mounted lower in the non steel bumper. It overlaps/intersects the top of the plastic bumper.

Obviously they cant do that with a steel bumper, so it sits above the steel cross members.
I guess I'll go back to the stock OBX bumper on my build and look at aftermarket bumpers down the road

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Terrible location. I have to have a front plate, but sure as hell do not want it there.
I have to have a front plate also - unless you report one of your plates "lost".

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess I'll go back to the stock OBX bumper on my build and look at aftermarket bumpers down the road
Here it is

Half the reason I didn’t order a Ford steel bumper was because I could easily get an aftermarket one for the same price but have more options for plate placement.

Anyway here’s the stock bumper mounting point. Lower and tilted back some. On the steel bumper, it’s high enough to contend with the BRONCO lettering
Ford Bronco OEM Front License Plate Bracket is Dealer Installed D336770C-4DC9-475E-A433-FC8513108B68

Tony Sorrento

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.westherr.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am definitely not putting it on my Bronco .... My dealership (which I work at) will not be putting them on without asking first

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here it is

Half the reason I didn’t order a Ford steel bumper was because I could easily get an aftermarket one for the same price but have more options for plate placement.

Anyway here’s the stock bumper mounting point. Lower and tilted back some. On the steel bumper, it’s high enough to contend with the BRONCO lettering
Ford Bronco OEM Front License Plate Bracket is Dealer Installed D336770C-4DC9-475E-A433-FC8513108B68
That’s better than steel bumper location but still ugly.

Sponsored

BCFDLtE13

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in MD where a front plate is required. I installed a "Sto-N-Show" front license plate bracket on my Mustang. I'm sure they'll have one for the Bronco by the time any of them are delivered.
Ford Bronco OEM Front License Plate Bracket is Dealer Installed 20210503_123659
Ford Bronco OEM Front License Plate Bracket is Dealer Installed 20210503_123645
It's a great, durable product made of quality materials. The plate can be removed in seconds by pulling a pin and sliding out from its hidden mount. The small holes for the mount are underneath a horizontal surface and hidden from sight. Seems like the Modular bumper will have several mounting locations.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live in MD where a front plate is required. I installed a "Sto-N-Show" front license plate bracket on my Mustang. I'm sure they'll have one for the Bronco by the time any of them are delivered.
It's a great, durable product made of quality materials. The plate can be removed in seconds by pulling a pin and sliding out from its hidden mount. The small holes for the mount are underneath a horizontal surface and hidden from sight. Seems like the Modular bumper will have several mounting locations.
Thank you! I kept wanting to point folks to this but lost the bookmark somehow. The best solution, I think.

TSSPat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20210503_123659.jpg
20210503_123645.jpg
I plan on buying the motorized version and writing it to a Aux Switch..

Not for nefarious reasons, just like the automation aspect.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I guess there is some benefit to not being the first Bronco owner out of the gate. I'll let you guys figure out some good license plate solutions and be ready when my BL arrives.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I live in a state where front plates are not required.

What annoys me is that some OE front plate mounts are drilled into the bumper plastic so removing them looks horrid with plugs for the holes of some kind or getting the entire fascia replaced which is costly.

One dealership is known for using 'dealership' emblems that they screw into the trunk/tailgate to install rather than use stick-on emblems, and they are also known to always install the front plate mount and put their 'dealer logo' plate on every vehicle, too.

I didn't pay for a vehicle to have screws drilled into bumpers, tailgates, or otherwise, and I am not going to give a dealership free advertising, either. Earn it through customer service, not putting holes in my vehicle before I get it.
Sponsored