Sponsored

Toy-truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Tonneau fit great. Easy to install. Bed divider was too wide and needed modifications. Cut 3/4” off both ends of the divider and both rail brackets. Fits perfect. Put the attachment screw on the bottom side of the divider to give more room between the divider and tonneau. Very happy with them both.

IMG_3984.jpeg

IMG_3983.jpeg

IMG_3977.jpeg

IMG_3976.jpeg

IMG_3979.jpeg

IMG_3980.jpeg

IMG_3981.jpeg
Thanks for clarifying all of this.
Sponsored

SonoranSurvivalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' RAV4 Hybrid Limited, '24 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Just installed the OEM Tonneau cover and am super happy with it. Install was pretty straight forward and didn't take too long. When I originally called the dealership and asked if they had any lead time on the 2024 Tacoma Tonneau cover, they said they didn't know when they'd get them. I called back and just asked if I could order part #PT954-35240, they said they had them in stock and it'd be ready the next day. Price was $1195.00.

Also, in case anyone was wondering... the Tonneau cover while fully open does still block the rear view camera even though it looks like it doesn't from the pictures.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
Tonneau fit great. Easy to install. Bed divider was too wide and needed modifications. Cut 3/4” off both ends of the divider and both rail brackets. Fits perfect. Put the attachment screw on the bottom side of the divider to give more room between the divider and tonneau. Very happy with them both.

IMG_3984.jpeg

IMG_3983.jpeg

IMG_3977.jpeg

IMG_3976.jpeg

IMG_3979.jpeg

IMG_3980.jpeg

IMG_3981.jpeg
How many Canadian Dollars is this cover going to cost me?

webshot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I just installed my OEM cover. So far so good. They kept pushing out the Bakflip orders so I had to cancel. I needed this thing a month ago! I ordered the OEM through a local online dealer in San Jose, had it the very next day.

Last edited:

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus

IMG_3984.jpeg

IMG_3983.jpeg

IMG_3977.jpeg

IMG_3976.jpeg

IMG_3979.jpeg

IMG_3980.jpeg

IMG_3981.jpeg
I was wondering if it would have to be modified since the bed rails moved in and down with the OEM Tonneau. Looks like you verified it. Thanks for doing that.

Also looks like there’s no way a bed mat would fit under it when you’re done. I have the 6’ bed coming and was thinking of getting a 5’ bed mat and using the cargo divider as a “tool box”. Thinking that still might work. Or just cutting the 6’ mat.

MH_ALBERTA

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Premium
took a measure and have about 3/4” space between the bed and the divider. You could shim up the divider if you needed and extra 1/4” or so as there is room on top between the divider and tonneau cover

BadApe

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
I've just ordered mine and I'm worrying about the install.

1) Does it come with instructions?

2) Would you consider the install doable by a person who is widely considered "not super handy"?

Rover Rover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I've just ordered mine and I'm worrying about the install.

1) Does it come with instructions?

2) Would you consider the install doable by a person who is widely considered "not super handy"?
1) No BUT look up Youtube for installation videos on the newer Tundra OEM cover. They are exactly the same with a few minor differences- The Tundra cover has you stuffing a foam piece near the edge of the bed as Step 1, skip this step. The included foam for the Tacoma OEM kit is for the part of the cover that rests against the window when folded up. The only other difference is how the bolt is secured, they use a different type of locking nut.

2) Yes, with patience. Give yourself ~3 hrs time if you are really not DIY-friendly. You will need a few additional tools like a torx bit and phillips head screwdriver. If there is any doubt, I would go find a local mechanic, body shop, local car-savvy friend, etc and ask to pay them 1 hr labor to install this, I am sure they will oblige.

Viper1973mk

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road (6MT)
I just installed mine this weekend. Install isn't too terrible but be EXTREMELY careful not to drop any of the screws that attach the relocated rail to the cover brackets. I accidentally dropped one and it went down between the tailgate and the bumper and is no where to be found. The two rear-most screws are a challenge unless your screwdriver is magnetic - mine wasn't.

I spoke with the parts department and they do not have spare parts yet for the '24 so I was left to fend for myself.

The screws that come with the kit are T30 M6x1, 16mm length, 12mm head, 4.6mm height. Only place I was able to get a replacement was from McMaster-Carr. Here's a link in the event anyone else makes the same mistake and one of them goes missing:

https://www.mcmaster.com/90304A319/
Sponsored