Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The ironic part is those Ford planes dropped bombs on Ford plants in Germany, then Ford sued the US for destroying their property. Win, win, win for Ford.
Ww2 is so fascinating. Always something new to learn about that war. Even a small fact such as this
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ww2 is so fascinating. Always something new to learn about that war. Even a small fact such as this

Lots of interesting stuff, like those same Ford planes bombing steel ball bearing plants, only to have SKF Philadelphia route ball bearings through South America to keep Germany supplied.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What law would keep them from holding it for you indefinitely?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How long does a dealership legally have to wait, before they can begin selling your ordered and delivered Bronco? Can they hold it indefinitely?

Just a question that came to mind, since I didn't see it addressed and also have nothing better to do at the moment.

What if next fall, someone has to be out of country for work?

I plan to be there the first Friday after my Bronco arrives. The dealership is two states away. I'll be taking a Friday off work to go pick up my new toy. And use that weekend to enjoy it either via a beach trip or camping trip (depending how late in the year its delivered). But others might not be available. I.e. There's a guy on these forums who is about to do some 2 mile north Canada Bob sledding thing and was afraid he would miss the ordering window.

Anybody know ?
Best advice is to do the paperwork and close the sale remotely and work with the dealer on when you can pick it up and what they can do to help you out in the meantime. They likely won't want to hold it very long for liability reasons (damage, theft), but there are options. If the dealer was near his house, they'd likely be willing to drop it off with a signed release. Maybe the guy has a friend who could receive and store it. Maybe that "Canada bob sledding thing" isn't worth missing out on the new Bronco. :LOL:

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Best advice is to do the paperwork and close the sale remotely and work with the dealer on when you can pick it up and what they can do to help you out in the meantime. They likely won't want to hold it very long for liability reasons (damage, theft), but there are options. If the dealer was near his house, they'd likely be willing to drop it off with a signed release. Maybe the guy has a friend who could receive and store it. Maybe that "Canada bob sledding thing" isn't worth missing out on the new Bronco. :LOL:
My question wasn't "what does someone do if they can't pick up their Bronco immediately". It was more so "how long will Ford hold onto your bronco before they can start selling it to others". Guess I didn't word the original post correctly. So I just went back and revised it

In this thread, we have heard 48 hours and also heard 1 month. Interesting nonetheless

Also I noticed I mistakebly said that Bob sledding thing was 2 miles. It's actually 2 months! I don't remember the forum member's name otherwise I'd tag him. But it sounded like a once in a lifetime experience!

Last edited:

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My question wasn't "what does someone do if they can't pick up their Bronco immediately". It was more so "how long will Ford hold onto your bronco before they can start selling it to others". Guess I didn't word the original post correctly. So I just went back and revised it

In this thread, we have heard 48 hours and also heard 1 month. Interesting nonetheless

Also I noticed I mistakebly said that Bob sledding thing was 2 miles. It's actually 2 months! I don't remember the forum member's name otherwise I'd tag him. But it sounded like a once in a lifetime experience!
I think this becomes more of a legal issue that likely varies state by state. It also would depend on whether the vehicle was paid for. But it's not Ford the manufacturer that would hold or sell the vehicle, it's the Ford dealer. Ford sells the vehicle to the dealer. The dealer has certain obligations it needs to abide by in it's contract with Ford. Likely, somewhere in that 1,000 pages is language that describes what the dealer's obligations are in cases where a vehicle is pre-ordered with a deposit, where it's been sold but not picked up, etc. Since Ford has been selling vehicles for over 100 years, this has surely arisen enough times that the lawyers already worked on it. :)

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you complete the sales transaction remotely, the vehicle is your property and covered by your auto insurance policy.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll not have this problem. There is only one family-owned Ford dealership in my county and it's 14 miles from my house. As soon as my sales rep tells me it has arrived, I'm on it like stink and picking it up within hours.

Sponsored

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
But your scenario would require paying for the Bronco before picking it up, wouldn't it? I'm guessing you started making mortgage payments as soon as you bought the house.

The big question is under what circumstances can the purchase be put on hold if the truck has already be delivered to the dealer?

I kind of would like to know, too. Because if I have to go get my Bronco at a moment's notice it will involve writing lesson plans for a substitute (and I hate that more than anything).
As I recall you’re a granger reservation? I think they said they want them off their lot in around 2 weeks but it sounded like they would be somewhat flexible on that in certain situations. Obviously verify this info but it’s what I remember. We should have a rough idea of when we will get our Broncos well before production begins so hopefully it becomes a non issue. I’m personally crossing my fingers that mine will arrive summer 2022 so my wife can tag along and I don’t have to deal with salty roads and the possibility of a snowstorm when driving all the way back.

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would talk to the dealer ahead of time and work that out. Make sure you trust the dealer. There’s always the possibility they promise you a price and then they claim the market has gone up and charge a 30k dealer markup when your car shows up. Chances are there will be three other guys standing in the parking lot without reservations, eyeballing your bronco.
If you are in the military, consider a specific power of attorney with a loved one.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you complete the sales transaction remotely, the vehicle is your property and covered by your auto insurance policy.
But that doesn't mean an owner wouldn't try to make the dealership pay "It was in your care!", much like they would if a vehicle got damaged while it was in for service.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a total non-problem in this day and age. I bought a house in the US from a Navy destroyer in the Persian Gulf.
You bought it from a Navy Destroyer? Was he polite at the closing? I hear they can anger easily and fire off in all directions....

;)
Sponsored