Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can only find that Ford has published off-road angles/geometry for the BASE and Sasquatch models. Has anyone seen anything for everything in-between? How much of a difference does 32" or 33" tires make compared to the extremes?

Ford Bronco Off-road Capability/Angles 1607445360029
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can only find that Ford has published off-road angles/geometry for the BASE and Sasquatch models. Has anyone seen anything for everything in-between? How much of a difference does 32" or 33" tires make compared to the extremes?

1607445360029.png
Assume 32.5" tires should put you at the average of the 30" (Base) and 35" numbers for GC=9.9. Angles and suspension travel would vary depending if you have Sas/ Badlands suspension BB BD OBX would have just slightly better angles (due to tire size) but same travel as Base. BL with 32.5" would be just slightly worse than Sas w/35", travel is listedfor BL, Sas travel is apparently 1/2" less.

I firmly believe Ground Clearance is by far the most important feature off road, both minimum clearance (strictly tire size determined) and general or midships clearance (tire size and lift determined). Traction (tire tread, lockers, chains) is next important, then gearing, Suspension travel, and last engine power. The idea of a BaseBase is appealing to me, but its a bit of a belly dragger which could be addressed with larger tires but still no lift. The Sasquatch package addresses all my off road concerns except suspension travel, but we're all stuck with the IFS, BL stabilizer disco addresses this but I wont pay $15k for that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sanford

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I firmly believe Ground Clearance is by far the most important feature off road, both minimum clearance (strictly tire size determined) and general or midships clearance (tire size and lift determined). Tire grip is next important, then gearing, Suspension travel, then lockers and last engine power. The idea of a BaseBase is appealing to me, but its a bit of a belly dragger which could be addressed with larger tires but still no lift. The Sasquatch package addresses all my off road concerns except suspension travel, but we're all stuck with the IFS, BL stabilizer disco addresses this but I wont pay $15k for that.
That's why I'm heading to the BD with 32" tires. Without SAS on upper trims, you're gaining 1/2"?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's why I'm heading to the BD with 32" tires. Without SAS on upper trims, you're gaining 1/2"?
1/2" more suspension travel. It's limited on the Sas to avoid tire clearance problems with the 35's. The Sas, BL, WT and FE also have a 1.5" lift, which I think is important.
Sponsored