Sponsored

Off Road Maps that work on the Bronco, what is Working?

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the advantage of the apps is that they have crowdsourcing to help populate the maps. I believe Garmin relies solely on map services.
Wow this is an old thread. As an update, I did end up buying the Garmin 750i and am very happy with it. I can download maps in advance using my computer or even an app on my phone that then syncs with the 750. The maps are technically the same as crowdsourcing since they can be user maps from various sources. Below is my setup in action at Uwharrie OHV trails this past summer. I downloaded the trail maps in advance and even added a few waypoints before leaving. We had a good group so I was never in danger of going the wrong way but if I was by myself these would have been invaluable. Using the device mounted to a ball mount on my BYOD (Archetype) allowed me to use the front camera the entire time! Power came from the plug on the dash itself.

As you can see, I am a big gadget crazy by also running a dash cam and radar detector.

Ford Bronco Off Road Maps that work on the Bronco, what is Working? 20220604 Uwharrie Trip w Carolina Bronco Club 25 LR
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow this is an old thread. As an update, I did end up buying the Garmin 750i and am very happy with it. I can download maps in advance using my computer or even an app on my phone that then syncs with the 750. The maps are technically the same as crowdsourcing since they can be user maps from various sources. Below is my setup in action at Uwharrie OHV trails this past summer. I downloaded the trail maps in advance and even added a few waypoints before leaving. We had a good group so I was never in danger of going the wrong way but if I was by myself these would have been invaluable. Using the device mounted to a ball mount on my BYOD (Archetype) allowed me to use the front camera the entire time! Power came from the plug on the dash itself.

As you can see, I am a big gadget crazy by also running a dash cam and radar detector.

Ford Bronco Off Road Maps that work on the Bronco, what is Working? 20220604 Uwharrie Trip w Carolina Bronco Club 25 LR
Old is relative in our Bronco world. :p

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs