Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE, 19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Step dad bought a 21 lariat over the weekend. Called me from the dealer (Florida) and asks "the salesman is telling me the black widow edition is better than your raptor, is that true?

I had to look up wtf a black widow f150 was...ended up calling my mom and requesting she divorce this man.

Steelbama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tacoma/2015 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know until about a year or so ago, I thought the snorkel was literal and for fording water. Read that its actually to breathe better in sand
Yeah... Aussies use snorkels quite a bit because many of them drive in very dusty conditions. They have benefits.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it all comes down to form follows function. If there's an actual need for it, then it's a good mod. If it's just done for looks, well that's your prerogative. I have a lot of the things disdained on this thread on my 3rd Gen 4Runner. Every one of them is there for a purpose and does get used.

Face it, there's a lot of people on this forum that are a little over the top on some of this, I mean buying wheels and tires for a vehicle that they have never seen nor have any idea when they're going to get. To each their own.

Sponsored

spedfrek

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s all personal preference .. mod it how you want. You never know when that grumper grill will come in handy during the zombie apocalypse. Personally my base Sasquatch will remain mostly stock other than 1.21 gigawatts of stereo improvements

Deleted member 21681

You stole my thunder. I've never owned a 4x4 but told my wife if I'm buying this thing I'm using it for what it's built for. I see too many of these things (mostly Wranglers) on the road all tricked out with everything that everyone has listed so far (some of which I have no idea what they are...thank you google) and you know they've never seen an un-paved road....don't get it. Excited to learn, get the damn thing dirty (probably scratch it up a bit, but that's OK) and have some fun.
Welcome to the obsession! Do some reading, watch some videos, then find a local group to go out with. Best way to learn. It’s generally a great community that loves bringing in newbies, so long as you are willing to learn and do your best to stick to “leave no trace” principles. Just be aware that some of the people here… well let’s just say it’s not specifically an off-roading or overlanding forum.
It’s fine if you have orange or red recovery gear. It’s even fine if you have it strapped to your rig during a Costco run. No one that knows what they’re doing will condemn you for having a pair of recovery boards, a high lift jack, or extra fuel/water, even if they don’t care for the color or brand. Those that do… well, help em get unstuck anyway.
Just commit to knowing how and when to use your gear and you’ll always be able to help yourself and others.
Don’t worry about all the sour-grape shit, learn all you can, actually hit a trail (a lot of people miss this step), and then keep learning. You’ll have a great time, meet great people, and see places most people won’t. Good luck!

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's both, but the number of water crossings where you'd be deep enough to need the snorkel AND also be able to make it across without being swept away or destroying all the electrics in the vehicle is exceedingly low. They are very useful in sand.
I have had a carbed CJ7 in water deep enough to wet the hood and it was the electronics that got me stuck. Carb is nice and high but that alternator is not.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I swear its as bad if not worse as the dummies that buy a sports car but only drive the speed limit if not under....
Or never drive them at all and just put em in a bubble in the garage.
Sponsored