First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I was finally able to book my Off-Roadeo for Austin on October 22nd. I am super pumped for the experience. Any tips or pointers in advance?
Sponsored

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It should cool down by late Oct, but we wore long pants the first day in early Sep and it was hot AF! No need to wear long pants no matter what the Off-Roadeo email suggests. Good grip hiking shoes/boots are worthwhile though.

We stayed at Horseshoe Bay and it is a really impressive resort but not necessary unless you plan on taking advantage of all the resort amenities before/after the Off-Roadeo. Marble Falls is right near there and has some breweries, restaurants, etc. so I'd suggest booking a hotel there.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I was finally able to book my Off-Roadeo for Austin on October 22nd. I am super pumped for the experience. Any tips or pointers in advance?
If you're going to be recording ask the guests behind you in the caravan if they'd record video of you, for you.

We were second and recorded our friend in front of us and had the couple behind us record our obstacles. We had another friend fourth in line record the couple that was recording us.

Sounds more complicated than it is, just be friendly and if it's not a solo driver, ask if they'd record you.

friethmiller

Everglades
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 1974 Porsche 914, 1974 Porsche 914 LE
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I live in Austin (1 hr away) but decided to spend the night in a hotel in Marble Falls as a cheaper, more convenient option. Make sure to check out the Blue Bonnet Cafe in MF, if you can. Their pie is out-of-sight! I went into the event with an open mind - wanting to learn how to rock crawl. Was blown away by the amenities and the expert staff. Had a blast! I'd also recommend flipping that top back on your bronco if it's cool.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Austin (1 hr away) but decided to spend the night in a hotel in Marble Falls as a cheaper, more convenient option. Make sure to check out the Blue Bonnet Cafe in MF, if you can. Their pie is out-of-sight! I went into the event with an open mind - wanting to learn how to rock crawl. Was blown away by the amenities and the expert staff. Had a blast! I'd also recommend flipping that top back on your bronco if it's cool.
I'll double that, Horseshoe Bay resort is nice, but even with the Off-Roadeo rate it is WAY overpriced. I would only stay there again if my family was coming with me and could use the resort while I was busy.

OP
OP
mtheawesomeone

mtheawesomeone

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll double that, Horseshoe Bay resort is nice, but even with the Off-Roadeo rate it is WAY overpriced. I would only stay there again if my family was coming with me and could use the resort while I was busy.
I'm double duty on this as a work/fun trip. I work with Titos Vodka in Austin so I will probably stay in that vicinity and just get up early day of and drive over.

friethmiller

Everglades
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 1974 Porsche 914, 1974 Porsche 914 LE
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

@mtheawesomeone - check out how many people show up with their F150 (like us).

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On day one they will give you tutorials at different stations. These cover how to engage the lockers, do the sway bar disconnect and more.

After that they announced a small break and said that after the break we'd start driving. They then tell you to go get in the Bronco of your choice

I skipped the break and found the Bronco closest to my exact build. Badlands, Sasquatch, with a soft top. I'm so glad I did. Some people ended up in lower trim vehicles or with tops different from what they planned on buying. Which isn't a big deal, but it was important to me at the time.

OP
OP
mtheawesomeone

mtheawesomeone

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On day one they will give you tutorials at different stations. These cover how to engage the lockers, do the sway bar disconnect and more.

After that they announced a small break and said that after the break we'd start driving. They then tell you to go get in the Bronco of your choice

I skipped the break and found the Bronco closest to my exact build. Badlands, Sasquatch, with a soft top. I'm so glad I did. Some people ended up in lower trim vehicles or with tops different from what they planned on buying. Which isn't a big deal, but it was important to me at the time.
Understood. My reservation is just for that Friday so I guess this is just a 1 day deal? I keep seeing posts about "day 2" and I didn't see anything on that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mtheawesomeone

mtheawesomeone

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Understood. My reservation is just for that Friday so I guess this is just a 1 day deal? I keep seeing posts about "day 2" and I didn't see anything on that.
Found it. They changed the format slightly.... "Our new scheduling format, which first and foremost enhances the overall Off-Roadeo experience, provides you the most flexibility for travel and maximizes your time with Bronco, your Trail Guides, and the Bronco community. This program maintains the same, epic 10-hour experience, but begins in the morning and allows guests to start and end their experience within one day. "

OP
OP
mtheawesomeone

mtheawesomeone

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@mtheawesomeone - check out how many people show up with their F150 (like us).
Well, my F-150 and myself reside in Missouri so it will be my rental whatever that ends up being, hopefully not a Prius :) Sometimes at the Austin airport the pickins are slim, sometimes its lots full of rentals.

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found it. They changed the format slightly.... "Our new scheduling format, which first and foremost enhances the overall Off-Roadeo experience, provides you the most flexibility for travel and maximizes your time with Bronco, your Trail Guides, and the Bronco community. This program maintains the same, epic 10-hour experience, but begins in the morning and allows guests to start and end their experience within one day. "
Oh cool. I would have preferred that. It will be a long day, but the food and experience are all great.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
mtheawesomeone

mtheawesomeone

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is kind of annoying that I had to pre-pay $200 because I haven't officially taken ownership of the Bronco I ordered in February. Now that all 2DR are bumped to 22 who knows when I will finally get to take ownership. So like 6 months from now or whatever unknown future date I will have to circle back to this and try to get my $200 back.
Sponsored