Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've given props to the Off-Roadeo guides here and there. But I don't think we truly appreciate or even understand just how great they are. I wanted to take a moment and thank them from the bottom of my heart. They did some things for me and my wife that was very touching and very quietly. My watery eyes probably caused pause by some people there, but that's ok.

They had found out ahead of time we lost our 21 yr old son last year. They had also found out he had planned on ordering a Bronco as soon as it was released. Whether they knew or not that he took his life a month before reservations opened, they did know we were still buying his Bronco in his memory. They understood the Bronco meant more than just a vehicle, that is was a way for us to spend time with our son from now until our last days.

As we arrived to Off-Roadeo Austin 8/27 for day one, we were just in awe of the Bronco lined up. They were beautiful. One caught our eye. Is was a good looking 2 door Bad Lands Sasquatch beast just like our reservation. We peaked inside and man it was sweet. As we continued to walk around, I couldn't help but keep looking back at it. A bit of time went by and I walked back up to it. Our name was on a sticky not on the steering wheel. I didn't think anything of other than wow, just the one we wanted to drive. We didn't know everyone else would have to pick their own Bronco. About 10 minutes later, the lead guide comes up and whispers that's our Bronco for the next 2 days. They hunted for the build that most closely matched ours. I couldn't speak because if I did, I was going to lose it. I just teared up and shook my head in understanding.

We had a great 2 days. Afterwards on day 2 we had just finished lunch. They come walking up and said they wanted to give use something signed by all the guides and give us an Off-Roadeo hat signed by all. It was just first class all the way. They didn't have to do all this, but they did. We tend to give @Ford Motor Company some ribbing given the logistical challenges of the roll out and our thirst for a Bronco makes it even worse...in the end, that's how you know you want this truck! But it's the people that pull it all together and go the extra mile, whether we realize it or not, deserve our admiration. Ford has some amazing people on teh front lines and I thank them humbly from the bottom of my heart.

---Now you may notice my signature build doesn't match the 2 door. That's because the wife and I discussed and debated what was most important to use. After all the pros and cons, we decided a MY'21 representing our forever 21 yr old son held too much sentimental value. We are looking forward to meeting as many of you as we can across this country. We will be putting a lot of miles on this Bronco. Best to all of you.

IMG_20210912_143234.jpg

IMG_20210912_143158.jpg
Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've given props to the Off-Roadeo guides here and there. But I don't think we truly appreciate or even understand just how great they are. I wanted to take a moment and thank them from the bottom of my heart. They did some things for me and my wife that was very touching and very quietly. My watery eyes probably caused pause by some people there, but that's ok.

They had found out ahead of time we lost our 21 yr old son last year. They had also found out he had planned on ordering a Bronco as soon as it was released. Whether they knew or not that he took his life a month before reservations opened, they did know we were still buying his Bronco in his memory. They understood the Bronco meant more than just a vehicle, that is was a way for us to spend time with our son from now until our last days.

As we arrived to Off-Roadeo Austin 8/27 for day one, we were just in awe of the Bronco lined up. They were beautiful. One caught our eye. Is was a good looking 2 door Bad Lands Sasquatch beast just like our reservation. We peaked inside and man it was sweet. As we continued to walk around, I couldn't help but keep looking back at it. A bit of time went by and I walked back up to it. Our name was on a sticky not on the steering wheel. I didn't think anything of other than wow, just the one we wanted to drive. We didn't know everyone else would have to pick their own Bronco. About 10 minutes later, the lead guide comes up and whispers that's our Bronco for the next 2 days. They hunted for the build that most closely matched ours. I couldn't speak because if I did, I was going to lose it. I just teared up and shook my head in understanding.

We had a great 2 days. Afterwards on day 2 we had just finished lunch. They come walking up and said they wanted to give use something signed by all the guides and give us an Off-Roadeo hat signed by all. It was just first class all the way. They didn't have to do all this, but they did. We tend to give @Ford Motor Company some ribbing given the logistical challenges of the roll out and our thirst for a Bronco makes it even worse...in the end, that's how you know you want this truck! But it's the people that pull it all together and go the extra mile, whether we realize it or not, deserve our admiration. Ford has some amazing people on teh front lines and I thank them humbly from the bottom of my heart.

---Now you may notice my signature build doesn't match the 2 door. That's because the wife and I discussed and debated what was most important to use. After all the pros and cons, we decided a MY'21 representing our forever 21 yr old son held too much sentimental value. We are looking forward to meeting as many of you as we can across this country. We will be putting a lot of miles on this Bronco. Best to all of you.
That's a very touching story. I can truly understand your loss.

I'm curious how they knew about what you have been through, though. Like, how did they know?

armandom

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 King Ranch / 2017 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great writeup, Our heart felt condolences go out to you and your wife. Good Bless you guys and have lots of fun with your Bronco.

AMM

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So sorry for your loss but wow what a cool story. Thanks for sharing.

Someone must be chopping a whole lot of onions in my house right now. 😭

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a very touching story. I can truly understand your loss.

I'm curious how they knew about what you have been through, though. Like, how did they know?
Thank you. I've mentioned it on here a time or two so it's possible they notated from here on the forum. They really made the experience more special than I could have imagined.

Sponsored

Ice_GopherFC

Black Diamond
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an 05 Ranger; 95 Dakota; 2017 Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Damn ninjas sneaking in and practicing their katana skills on these onions!!!!

On a more serious note, I lost my father to suicide last year in June, right as the hype for Bronco was reaching a fever pitch before the July reveal. I couldn't wait to get a Bronco and take trips with him and my son, and now that will never be. I'm truly sorry for your family's loss and I understand; it's a type of grief that you will never be able to fully recover from. Hugs and prayers to you and your family, and I'm so glad to see the Ford folks at the Offrodeo going out of there way to be good humans to you and your wife. 💙

hauspwr

Badlands
First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for sharing such an incredibly touching story. The world needs more of this right now, and I appreciated reading this! God bless you and your family!

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn ninjas sneaking in and practicing their katana skills on these onions!!!!

On a more serious note, I lost my father to suicide last year in June, right as the hype for Bronco was reaching a fever pitch before the July reveal. I couldn't wait to get a Bronco and take trips with him and my son, and now that will never be. I'm truly sorry for your family's loss and I understand; it's a type of grief that you will never be able to fully recover from. Hugs and prayers to you and your family, and I'm so glad to see the Ford folks at the Offrodeo going out of there way to be good humans to you and your wife. 💙
I understand completely the grief you feel. It really sucks that it never goes away. You do get stronger emotionally to keep the grief in, but there's sometimes those triggers that just bring it to the surface. Anytime you want to talk, cry, scream; I'm available.
Sponsored