First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Booked Sept. 5 for myself and the wife! We're already going to be in Gilford that weekend for an Alanis Morissette concert. So, dumb luck for me!

Hope to see some folks from the Forum there!
I'm booked the 5th as well. Camping at gunstock the 4th, 5th, and 6th.
Sponsored

Wamland

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Like yourself, I am booked for August 16. I have my dog booked at a kennel. Wish he could ride with me! Tent camping the night before and the night of at Gunstock Campground. We should share a beer/meal in the pub at Gunstock if you have time.
Absolutely. Hit you up closer to take off.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am booked for October 30 and have bought plane tickets to fly in Friday night and fly out Sunday morning. I have two questions:

1. With the ridiculous rental car prices, I was thinking it might be cheaper to just Uber/Lyft there or take a taxi or other car service. How reliable are rideshares in the area? Any advice on this? I checked uber and lyft and the prices right now are around $80-90 but there weren’t cars available. At the same time, it is a little late at night on a Wednesday.

2. Since I’m going alone and my wife hates camping, I was thinking of camping the two nights. In this case, obviously I would rent a car. However, I was wondering if the camping required any off-road driving since rental car companies generally frown on that, and also if October 30 could lead to a miserable experience? I consider myself pretty tough, but I’m not Bear Grylls. Also, I’ll be coming in at night so it would need to be feasible to get to available campsites after dark (around 9:00pm).

TIA to you or anyone else that has any insights related to these questions.

OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am booked for October 30 and have bought plane tickets to fly in Friday night and fly out Sunday morning. I have two questions:

1. With the ridiculous rental car prices, I was thinking it might be cheaper to just Uber/Lyft there or take a taxi or other car service. How reliable are rideshares in the area? Any advice on this? I checked uber and lyft and the prices right now are around $80-90 but there weren’t cars available. At the same time, it is a little late at night on a Wednesday.

2. Since I’m going alone and my wife hates camping, I was thinking of camping the two nights. In this case, obviously I would rent a car. However, I was wondering if the camping required any off-road driving since rental car companies generally frown on that, and also if October 30 could lead to a miserable experience? I consider myself pretty tough, but I’m not Bear Grylls. Also, I’ll be coming in at night so it would need to be feasible to get to available campsites after dark (around 9:00pm).

It can get very cold in late Oct., I'd suggest a hotel at that point. Where are you flying in?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

pharden

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Northeast location is hosted at Gunstock Mountain in Gilford, NH. This is a great family oriented destination that offers many different adventures. The mountain overlooks Lake Winnipesaukee, which is the largest lake in NH. It's located about 1 hour from Manchester Airport, which is well supported by Southwest Airlines, American, Spirit and Delta. There's a nearby performance venue that hosts national music acts, "Bank of NH Pavilion", formally Meadowbrook. For people wanting to make a vacation out of their trip, the NH & Maine beaches are about 1.5 hours away, Boston is about 2 hours away, and Mt. Washington is about 1.5 hours away.

I have a Lake house that is 50 Min away, and believe that this location is one of the nicest destinations in the Northeast. If you have a camper or RV, you can stay at the Gunstock Campground right on site! (I WOULD RESERVE FIRST, it's not that big!) For the kids, you're 10 min. from go-kart tracks, water slides, one of the largest arcades in America. I hope this helps people from outside of New England. I'll try to answer questions and help out as time allows.

P.S. I'm booked for Sept 25th, and I'll be staying in the campground in my Classic GMC Motorhome. Good luck everyone!
Any recommendations on B&B's or Hotels in the area ? Thanks

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any smaller general aviation airports close by?

OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

You might consider camping in the Gunstock Campground.
They have two cabins (Warmer than tent camping in October) and both appear available for two nights 10/29 and 10/30. That could change. See link below.
Gunstock Campground Availability | BookYourSite

Sponsored

Winni Made

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see that Steele Hill resort is recommended for lodge, what are your suggestions?
I see that Steele Hill resort is recommended for lodge, what are your suggestions?
I would recommend the following as other hotel options in the area.
https://www.millfalls.com/
http://www.opecheeinn.com/
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/tra...tbG9jYXRpb24uZ29vZ2xlX3dlYnNpdGVfb3ZlcnJpZGU=

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear Lake Winnipesaukee has good sailing.

Ford Bronco Off-Roadeo Northeast - here are a few tips \ info i'm sailin

bpjontek

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan XTerra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't wait! I plan on going the first or second week of October. Staying at a relative's cabin northwest of Lake Winnipesaukee and plan on staying for a week or so to do some camping and hoping to hike and summit Mt. Washington :) If anyone with any further experience hiking around there, let me know if the second week of October would be too late to hike Mt. Washington or if that's right around the timeframe when the weather gets too unpredictable, definitely don't want to go any later than that. Hoping to catch the trees in full color change
Never underestimate the Mt. Washington climb regardless of the time of year. Weather is extremely unpredictable there and can change on a dime. I've done it many of times, mostly in the winter. October will be nice but it can still get pretty cold up there. The summit looks pretty close from the bottom but it's a long climb. Go prepared, bring spikes...

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs