First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm registered for October 9th (my birthday present to myself!). I had asked for some coffee/breakfast suggestions and got these; I hope they help out others (comments from the original poster):

http://www.wayfarerroasters.com/ - nice coffee shop in Laconia, 15 min. from Gunstock.
http://www.winnipesaukeebaygulls.com/ - best bagels in the area, 10 min. from Gunstock.
https://www.waterstreetcafenh.com/ - decent spot for traditional breakfast
also - Goody Good Donuts in Laconia. Get there early for your fat pills!
Sponsored

Winni Made

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am booked for October 30 and have bought plane tickets to fly in Friday night and fly out Sunday morning. I have two questions:

1. With the ridiculous rental car prices, I was thinking it might be cheaper to just Uber/Lyft there or take a taxi or other car service. How reliable are rideshares in the area? Any advice on this? I checked uber and lyft and the prices right now are around $80-90 but there weren’t cars available. At the same time, it is a little late at night on a Wednesday.

2. Since I’m going alone and my wife hates camping, I was thinking of camping the two nights. In this case, obviously I would rent a car. However, I was wondering if the camping required any off-road driving since rental car companies generally frown on that, and also if October 30 could lead to a miserable experience? I consider myself pretty tough, but I’m not Bear Grylls. Also, I’ll be coming in at night so it would need to be feasible to get to available campsites after dark (around 9:00pm).

TIA to you or anyone else that has any insights related to these questions.
Don’t count on Uber or Lyft - very few and ever fewer in October. Weather in October is unpredictable - we can have snow or 65. Halloween has been canceled on more than one occasion due to snow storms!

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To those who have gone/will be attending NH Bronco Off-Rodeo in the next few days, please let us know how it went! I'd love to hear all about it

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting close to a build and being able to put in a reservation. I'm sure this was probably asked prior, but are there winter dates? I'd love to do a snowboard/off-roadeo trip.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are flying into Albany. The flights and rental car rates are MUCH less than Manchester, Boston, etc.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We are flying into Albany. The flights and rental car rates are MUCH less than Manchester, Boston, etc.
If you're not in a rush, take Rt 2 across MA. It's a nice drive.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Northeast location is hosted at Gunstock Mountain in Gilford, NH. This is a great family oriented destination that offers many different adventures. The mountain overlooks Lake Winnipesaukee, which is the largest lake in NH. It's located about 1 hour from Manchester Airport, which is well supported by Southwest Airlines, American, Spirit and Delta. There's a nearby performance venue that hosts national music acts, "Bank of NH Pavilion", formally Meadowbrook. For people wanting to make a vacation out of their trip, the NH & Maine beaches are about 1.5 hours away, Boston is about 2 hours away, and Mt. Washington is about 1.5 hours away.

I have a Lake house that is 50 Min away, and believe that this location is one of the nicest destinations in the Northeast. If you have a camper or RV, you can stay at the Gunstock Campground right on site! (I WOULD RESERVE FIRST, it's not that big!) For the kids, you're 10 min. from go-kart tracks, water slides, one of the largest arcades in America. I hope this helps people from outside of New England. I'll try to answer questions and help out as time allows.

P.S. I'm booked for Sept 25th, and I'll be staying in the campground in my Classic GMC Motorhome. Good luck everyone!
I'm staying for a long labor day weekend. Have you done the Aerial Treetop Adventure or the zip lines there?

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have recommendations in that area for kayaking (or a canoe as pictured below)? Going for the peaceful contemplation in pleasant scenery vibe for my free day before the Off Roadeo. I am staying at Steele Hill but can go an hour or two away if there’s a perfect spot someone recommends for getting your Ron Swanson on in earnest. Thanks!

Ford Bronco Off-Roadeo Northeast - here are a few tips \ info 33448B67-6D23-4715-BFC9-79ECEC97EC1D

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have recommendations in that area for kayaking (or a canoe as pictured below)? Going for the peaceful contemplation in pleasant scenery vibe for my free day before the Off Roadeo. I am staying at Steele Hill but can go an hour or two away if there’s a perfect spot someone recommends for getting your Ron Swanson on in earnest. Thanks!

Ford Bronco Off-Roadeo Northeast - here are a few tips \ info 33448B67-6D23-4715-BFC9-79ECEC97EC1D
lake winnipesaukee....... its HUGE., like really big. you can rent a canoe or kayak there

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm staying for a long labor day weekend. Have you done the Aerial Treetop Adventure or the zip lines there?
The zip lines run from the top of the mountain to the bottom. I wish I had the time to do them. They were shredding! Looks worth it!

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

lake winnipesaukee....... its HUGE., like really big. you can rent a canoe or kayak there
If I bring my kayaks are there plenty of options for public boat access?

OP
OP
Brianstrange

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, but I'm told its great!
Sponsored