Sponsored

Off Roadeo Registration successful for anyone yet?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I got registered today. August 1&2, decided to go for Austin. Wife has never been and we are adding a few days to hang out in Austin. Have to use those Delta and Marriott points for something post Covid 👍🏽
Definitely suggest hitting a few of the famous BBQ joints down in/near Austin while you're down there!

• Franklins
  • Blacks
  • Salt Lick
  • Rudy's (best gas station BBQ in the world!)

If you're vegan then I still suggest all of the above, but BYOQ (Bring Your Own Queso).... Most places are BYOB which was a bit of a shock the first time bringing my own Mind Eraser to a restaurant. It's as if they want you to spend the night drinking with their pit master before blacking out! Oh Austin, what a fun few nights.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kinda bummed only Austin (a city I love) registration so far. Waiting for Vegas.
Yeah, me too. Hoping for a fall trip that coincides with a Raiders home game. I don’t watch NFL on TV anymore, but a game would be fun, or maybe a Golden Knights game.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you stay at the recommended resort in Texas, they are offering shuttles to and from the location. Very curious what the "special rates" will be at the resort for the Off-Rodeo participants.
If you were to book with the Horseshoe Bay Resort Hotel through the Bronco Off-Roadeo using the code which is in your email notification you will see the discount. FYI, there will be a "resort fee" I believe $40 or so.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Definitely suggest hitting a few of the famous BBQ joints down in/near Austin while you're down there!

• Franklins
  • Blacks
  • Salt Lick

If you're vegan then I still suggest all of the above, but BYOQ (Bring Your Own Queso).... Most places are BYOB which was a bit of a shock the first time bringing my own Mind Eraser to a restaurant. It's as if they want you to spend the night drinking with their pit master before blacking out! Oh Austin, what a fun few nights.
I personally agree will almost all the list except Rudy's. Okay, not a must. They serve beer and so does Salt Lick. Plan to camp out all morning for Franklin's and Black's as they may sell out by 1pm.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I personally agree will almost all the list except Rudy's. Okay, not a must. They serve beer and so does Salt Lick. Plan to camp out all morning for Franklin's and Black's as they may sell out by 1pm.
Rudy's: best gas station bbq.......

Maybe Texas has a dozen options for gas station BBQ? But around here all we have is gas station hot dogs. So it was a strong caveat that it had to be attached to a gas station.

We hit up Blacks after the first F1 race at COTA and they were still going strong! 1 beef rib = 1.5 lbs. OMG, it was so much meat!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Franklins
  • Blacks
  • Salt Lick

I am not Vegan and we will definitely check out some BBQ. We lived in GA and TN so have sampled some excellent BBQ over time. Always willing to try new things. 5 days, flight to Austin from Detroit, using companion ticket and two free nights at Aloft (Marriott) downtown Austin. All in, still about $2k. Good prep for possibly picking up the Bronco later in August.👍🏽

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, me too. Hoping for a fall trip that coincides with a Raiders home game. I don’t watch NFL on TV anymore, but a game would be fun, or maybe a Golden Knights game.
Every Sunday for me has been wall to wall NFL for as long as I can remember but I very rarely get to go to an actual game. I went to a Panther/Seahawks game in the 2019 season and had a blast even though I can't say I'm a fan of either. I previously lived in LA and Vegas and they both got teams after I left. :(

It's kinda weird living in a city with zero professional teams now. Austin was the last place I lived where that was the case but the Longhorns are close enough.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Rudy's: best gas station bbq.......

Maybe Texas has a dozen options for gas station BBQ? But around here all we have is gas station hot dogs. So it was a strong caveat that it had to be attached to a gas station.

We hit up Blacks after the first F1 race at COTA and they were still going strong! 1 beef rib = 1.5 lbs. OMG, it was so much meat!
Rudy's does have good Breakfast Tacos as well.

If you want good "Gas Station BBQ" go to Bastrop(not far). The place.... The Gas Station. Take a peak. Yes, I know, I'm spoiled. Too darn many BBQ places here in and round Austin.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rudy's does have good Breakfast Tacos as well.

If you want good "Gas Station BBQ" go to Bastrop(not far). The place.... The Gas Station. Take a peak. Yes, I know, I'm spoiled. Too darn many BBQ places here in and round Austin.
That's the best part of living in the area. You have so many different places and maybe it's just me but I could eat at a bbq place every day and it doesn't feel like I'm eating the same food everyday. They all have things that make them different!

wkaotp

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Sprinter 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got registered today for July 2nd in Austin. Gonna be down there for that weekend and it just worked out!

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thinking the "Northeast event" will be somewhere in upstate NY.

Something to keep in mind if bringing anyone:
You may bring up to 3 guests over 12 years of age to accompany you to the Off-Roadeo. All guests must be registered prior to arriving onsite and must pay a guest fee. Your first Guest Fee is $595 plus tax; a second and third guest may be added for $295 each plus tax. Guests who intend to drive a Bronco onsite must be at least 18 years old and provide a valid driver’s license at check-in.
Sponsored