First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had spent the last 2 weekend wheeling a LUX 4Dr Badlands with the Sasquatch package and have some learnings to share. Trails were rated as "moderate" but most rigs were on 37's. Mostly dusty and rocky conditions here in CO.

Ford Bronco Off-Roading Bronco Badlands - Learn from my wheeling mistakes! 20211003_122223

Tire Pressure
  • The stock 39 PSI (cold) tire pressure Ford recommends for daily driving is bouncy and stiff on road. I prefer 36-37 PSI (cold)
  • Off road, I found 20 PSI to make the ride much more comfortable while leaving plenty of pressure left to keep the bead seated. If I drive slowly, I can make it to the gas station to air back up. On board air kits not available yet. *EDIT* Community has spoken, I will try 15 PSI next weekend!

Trail Rash
  • The beauty rings on the rims do get scuffed up fast, but most of the scuffs will buff out with a random orbital or rotary pad (3 inch worked for me). I would not powder coat or plasti-dip. You can't polish out the scratches on those.
  • There is no skid plate right before the transfer case, there are 2 frame supports that hang low and get smashed first when you high center. No OEM or aftermarket skid plates currently cover this area, keep an eye out for wide rocks that take up most of the trail and the long wheelbase of the 4 door. Go SLOW over these till a skid comes out.
Ford Bronco Off-Roading Bronco Badlands - Learn from my wheeling mistakes! 20211011_133242

• Ford Sync 12 inch screen gets scratched fast if you have dusty/dirty fingers from airing up/down and general dust being kicked up. I would recommend a screen protector XPEL already has a soft protector, but if you can wait for a tempered glass version.
  • Loose rear seat belts rub & wear on the plastic walls, consider clicking them in or adding PPF/cloth tape to the walls. Ford has some soft protective tape on them, but its not enough in my case.
  • With the Sasquatch package making the vehicle high, shorter folks will use the door sill panels as a step, and tend to slide down the corner as they exit (even when being careful). Most scuffs happen in the front 2 seats, entry and exit is easier in the rear 2 doors. Consider wrapping in your favorite PPF film if you have anyone under 5"8 going in and out.

Accessories
  • The fold down tailgate door is difficult to install, requires very precise drilling, recommend specialty tools not included (drill stops) and the short jack nuts that fill the drilled holes are very weak and break easily. Pay the money to have the dealer to install the tailgate fold down table TRUST ME.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Accessories
  • The fold down tailgate door is difficult to install, requires very precise drilling, recommend specialty tools not included (drill stops) and the short jack nuts that fill the drilled holes are very weak and break easily. Pay the money to have the dealer to install the tailgate fold down door TRUST ME.
Honestly I'm leaning towards just the MOLLE grate. Is the fold down really that useful?

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need to air down my tires. They're set at 40 and it feels like way too much. I just didn't want to mess with reprogramming TPMS. But it is definitely bouncy on road.

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need to air down my tires. They're set at 40 and it feels like way too much. I just didn't want to mess with reprogramming TPMS. But it is definitely bouncy on road.
What is there to reprogram?... Let them all down the same and it will re-adjust itself.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is there to reprogram?... Let them all down the same and it will re-adjust itself.
Default is 39, don't want the light in the dash on. Seems easy enough to fix with Forscan.

Sponsored

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Default is 39, don't want the light in the dash on. Seems easy enough to fix with Forscan.

This makes even less sense. This video is for calibrating speedometer via forscan. You're comment was about tpms and adjusting tire pressure..... Simply lower them wherever you want and drive a few miles and the display will show the new pressure.

OP
OP
lmarchetti

lmarchetti

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly I'm leaning towards just the MOLLE grate. Is the fold down really that useful?

I put a large cooler in the trunk, so the table really helps to have counter space prepare lunch and rest your beers on. Useful for me, but if you don't eat/drink in the woods I wouldn't bother.

Ford Bronco Off-Roading Bronco Badlands - Learn from my wheeling mistakes! 20211010_131739

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This makes even less sense. This video is for calibrating speedometer via forscan. You're comment was about tpms and adjusting tire pressure..... Simply lower them wherever you want and drive a few miles and the display will show the new pressure.
He is trying to say that using forscan you are able to adjust the min air pressure so that running below 38psi doesn’t give you a warning. Ie you can let it to 15psi so when you air down to 20 it won’t give you a rednlight light

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He is trying to say that using forscan you are able to adjust the min air pressure so that running below 38psi doesn’t give you a warning. Ie you can let it to 15psi so when you air down to 20 it won’t give you a rednlight light
Gotcha.

Anything under 38 makes a light come on???

Sponsored

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put a large cooler in the trunk, so the table really helps to have counter space prepare lunch and rest your beers on. Useful for me, but if you don't eat/drink in the woods I wouldn't bother.

Ford Bronco Off-Roading Bronco Badlands - Learn from my wheeling mistakes! 20211010_131739
Does yours rattle a lot during normal driving? Mine does and I've been considering different padding options before just ripping the damn thing out.

OP
OP
lmarchetti

lmarchetti

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The low pressure warning does not kick on until 25 PSI. Set it to 26 and your golden!

OP
OP
lmarchetti

lmarchetti

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does yours rattle a lot during normal driving? Mine does and I've been considering different padding options before just ripping the damn thing out.
No rattles at all doing 30 on the trail (BUMPY) when its latched up and folded away. I think pre-production & early versions did not have a rubber bumper where the top of the table meets the backing where the BRONCO lettering is. The latching mechanism should feel stiff when you lock it down.

Ford Bronco Off-Roading Bronco Badlands - Learn from my wheeling mistakes! 20211011_145759

Check that, second place are the white plastic shims at the bottom of the hinge (pins), if there is any left to right movement of the table that is incorrect. You can squeeze the frame in or add more plastic shims to make it tight.
Ford Bronco Off-Roading Bronco Badlands - Learn from my wheeling mistakes! 20211011_145806

broncoky

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR CB OBX SAS & 2000 Lexus LS400
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, it was so stressful and frustrating installing the table. I second that it should be left to the dealership.