USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put a large cooler in the trunk, so the table really helps to have counter space prepare lunch and rest your beers on. Useful for me, but if you don't eat/drink in the woods I wouldn't bother.

20211010_131739.jpg
I do like the fold out table. I think it’s got a 25lbs max rating. I just know I will eventually break it. Waiting for that damn pull out tailgate weve been teased with. Anyone know when and where I can get that?
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do like the fold out table. I think it’s got a 25lbs max rating. I just know I will eventually break it. Waiting for that damn pull out tailgate weve been teased with. Anyone know when and where I can get that?
Only info is later this year

OP
OP
lmarchetti

lmarchetti

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will this skid plate protect the cross bracing in question? I can't quite tell as I haven't seen under the Bronco first hand yet.

1633986948657.png

1633986982262.png

1633987107636.png
I looked into that exact skid plate today! Although it says compatible with all bronco models, the badlands comes with a transfer case skid and a front plate extension skid that would probably need to be removed for this to replace it.

I won't get rid of the OEM steel skids and pay 1,600 for an aluminum replacement. If you were starting fresh with no skids, this would work!

Here is a pic of what I am talking about, the red is where factory badlands skids are and the green is the portion that I personally would like to buy.

Ford Bronco Off-Roading Bronco Badlands - Learn from my wheeling mistakes! 1633986982262

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
This bad boy is great. 120/20V/12 volt.
Ford Bronco Off-Roading Bronco Badlands - Learn from my wheeling mistakes! 1633990755848

Sponsored

Hartzco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does yours rattle a lot during normal driving? Mine does and I've been considering different padding options before just ripping the damn thing out.
I folded two beach towels and stored them inside. Doesn’t rattle at all and I always have towels.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great tips! Thanks!

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had spent the last 2 weekend wheeling a LUX 4Dr Badlands with the Sasquatch package and have some learnings to share. Trails were rated as "moderate" but most rigs were on 37's. Mostly dusty and rocky conditions here in CO.

Ford Bronco Off-Roading Bronco Badlands - Learn from my wheeling mistakes! 1633990755848

Tire Pressure
  • The stock 39 PSI (cold) tire pressure Ford recommends for daily driving is bouncy and stiff on road. I prefer 36-37 PSI (cold)
  • Off road, I found 20 PSI to make the ride much more comfortable while leaving plenty of pressure left to keep the bead seated. If I drive slowly, I can make it to the gas station to air back up. On board air kits not available yet.

Trail Rash
  • The beauty rings on the rims do get scuffed up fast, but most of the scuffs will buff out with a random orbital or rotary pad (3 inch worked for me). I would not powder coat or plasti-dip. You can't polish out the scratches on those.
  • There is no skid plate right before the transfer case, there are 2 frame supports that hang low and get smashed first when you high center. No OEM or aftermarket skid plates currently cover this area, keep an eye out for wide rocks that take up most of the trail and the long wheelbase of the 4 door. Go SLOW over these till a skid comes out.

• Ford Sync 12 inch screen gets scratched fast if you have dusty/dirty fingers from airing up/down and general dust being kicked up. I would recommend a screen protector XPEL already has a soft protector, but if you can wait for a tempered glass version.
  • Loose rear seat belts rub & wear on the plastic walls, consider clicking them in or adding PPF/cloth tape to the walls. Ford has some soft protective tape on them, but its not enough in my case.
  • With the Sasquatch package making the vehicle high, shorter folks will use the door sill panels as a step, and tend to slide down the corner as they exit (even when being careful). Most scuffs happen in the front 2 seats, entry and exit is easier in the rear 2 doors. Consider wrapping in your favorite PPF film if you have anyone under 5"8 going in and out.

Accessories
  • The fold down tailgate door is difficult to install, requires very precise drilling, recommend specialty tools not included (drill stops) and the short jack nuts that fill the drilled holes are very weak and break easily. Pay the money to have the dealer to install the tailgate fold down table TRUST ME.
1) Thanks for sharing.
2) Great looking rig.
3) Dirty fingers scratching the touchscreen: hadn't thought of that one, but it's a great tip. Will order the screen protector.
4) Scuffs from entry/exit or seatbelts are too low on the totem poll to be considered when wheeling a lux Badlands (my build is the same, by the way.) "Let it happen" and enjoy the moment.
5) 20 PSI is WAY too much pressure for real wheeling. I rarely wheel my Wrangler on 38s above 10PSI (non beadlock) and the heavier Bronco could maybe call for 15 PSI in an extremely conservative situation. But 20 PSI is going to be hell on your back and hell on your Bronco, respectively. Consider 15 a max and maybe 12 for moderate crawling/wheeling. Trust me, the truck can take it and your back will thank you.

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly I'm leaning towards just the MOLLE grate. Is the fold down really that useful?
I personally love a hood drop down table for use when camping, cooking on, or even just as a simple table when tailgating or working on the truck. BUT the Ford version is pretty week, I’ll be going with GooseGear for the rear table.

Sponsored

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does yours rattle a lot during normal driving? Mine does and I've been considering different padding options before just ripping the damn thing out.
Get a better built GooseGear table, they’re amazing.

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That will be available late ‘22, but GooseGear already has an amazing drop down table with cutting board for the Bronco. 👍

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I put a large cooler in the trunk, so the table really helps to have counter space prepare lunch and rest your beers on. Useful for me, but if you don't eat/drink in the woods I wouldn't bother.

You... you may have just convinced me to get a tailgate table

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And thanks for the picture. I had been looking for a good one of the Sasquatch wheels with the Cactus Grey paint. (y)

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, it was so stressful and frustrating installing the table. I second that it should be left to the dealership.
And you expect some bozo at the dealership to do a better job? Nope, I do all I can myself as that's the only way to get it done the way I want it.
Sponsored