Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I can add more input on driving in traffic or the city. In horrible Los Angelas traffic, or a bad day when it’ll take you an hour just to move 10miles, I don’t notice it. Driving a 500rwhp car with a performance clutch which is a little stiff I might start feeling my leg get sore after an hour or two. Driving my wife’s 2017 civic SI with that butter smooth clutch there is no way I’m feeling it in my legs. I’d imagine the bronco also has a pretty soft clutch. My older mustangs are cable clutch and even those you got used to. You might feel it being new to a daily but honestly give it 6 months and you won’t go back to auto or regret it. If my wife can do it daily with no leg pains or annoyance I’d like to imagine we all could ?
That is great to hear. Really appreciate your real world experience. I am in Atlanta and get into regular stop and go situations.
I am just thinking about constant gear changes in stop and go traffic but I think the crawler gear will actually help in that situation. Glad to hear that you don’t think it will be much of a big thing. Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gman90

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know if the bronco will have auto hold or brake hold? If it does it’ll help out a ton in stop and go traffic. It just automatically holds the brake for you when you come to a complete stop. My wife’s civic has that and I use that every time I drive it. Significantly helps on hill starts, and being lazy! Forgot about that feature.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is great to hear. Really appreciate your real world experience. I am in Atlanta and get into regular stop and go situations.
I am just thinking about constant gear changes in stop and go traffic but I think the crawler gear will actually help in that situation. Glad to hear that you don’t think it will be much of a big thing. Thanks!
Stop and go traffic can be definitely be annoying, but generally isn't that bad. It all depends on your level of comfort driving stick. While I haven't had a manual DD for a few years, even in NJ/NY traffic, it didn't bother me.

I miss a manual DD so much, that I'm willing to forgo the V6 and autostart, which are two options I really wanted.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone annoyed by shifting an extra gear probably voted for Hilary. I'd mansplain that 6+1 is badass, and that it's covered in chapter 3 of the man card handbook.
Do you really think the other guy has even driven a car in the last 20 years, let alone a manual 4x4 ever.

Ford Bronco Off roading with a manual transmission Bronco 1600393547635

Ford Bronco Off roading with a manual transmission Bronco 1600393652104

OIP.jpg
R56rcAcRJ0gHaEo?w=284&h=180&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.35&pid=1.jpg

Hope I didnt kill this thread but you started it.

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stop and go traffic can be definitely be annoying, but generally isn't that bad. It all depends on your level of comfort driving stick. While I haven't had a manual DD for a few years, even in NJ/NY traffic, it didn't bother me.

I miss a manual DD so much, that I'm willing to forgo the V6 and autostart, which are two options I really wanted.
Thanks Aman. I am comfortable driving with a stick. Several cars with it starting with my first car. It definitely makes you a part of the driving experience rather than just being a passenger. I used to drive in your same traffic as well. Don’t know why I just keep moving from one high traffic place to another?

Sponsored

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be great if they started to put out some videos demonstrating some of the capability that this new set up will be able to do from a driver’s perspective. Starting in gear would be great.

I am curious about how it will handle traffic with the crawler gear. Love driving a manual but want to make sure I don’t regret it as this will be my daily driver.

The manual 2.3 vs. auto 2.7 is the one decision that I keeps me flip flopping. I am going to try and go to Super Celebration East and hope to learn more there.
Do you really think the other guy has even driven a car in the last 20 years, let alone a manual 4x4 ever.

Ford Bronco Off roading with a manual transmission Bronco R56rcAcRJ0gHaEo?w=284&h=180&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.35&pid=1

Ford Bronco Off roading with a manual transmission Bronco R56rcAcRJ0gHaEo?w=284&h=180&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.35&pid=1

Poor form on my behalf introducing politics to our communal excitement for this killer new vehicle.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dude...all politics aside...the Don would so totally rock the shifter?

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really miss the 3 on the tree. Only used it in 2 vehicles, 79 Chevy truck and 56 Chevy 2dr, but really loved it. First real date I went on was in the truck. The linkage froze up at a stop light. Luckily, I kept an axe handle behind the seat for just such an occasion. I don't think she was that impressed as there wasn't a second date.
I would have to pull over every once in a while to Climb under and jiggle the linkage and pop it back into neutral.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Aman. I am comfortable driving with a stick. Several cars with it starting with my first car. It definitely makes you a part of the driving experience rather than just being a passenger. I used to drive in your same traffic as well. Don’t know why I just keep moving from one high traffic place to another?
Matt, think you may appreciate this anecdote. I grew up in PA and back when I took my driver's test it was administered by the State Police. The trooper hopped into my truck, paused for a sec, then blurted out, "A guy who drives a stick, that's what I like to see!"

Needless to say, I passed with a perfect score and the trooper thanked ME afterwards! :LOL:

Sponsored

MallCrawlinBranco

Badlands
First Name
stevo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be great if they started to put out some videos demonstrating some of the capability that this new set up will be able to do from a driver’s perspective. Starting in gear would be great.

I am curious about how it will handle traffic with the crawler gear. Love driving a manual but want to make sure I don’t regret it as this will be my daily driver.

The manual 2.3 vs. auto 2.7 is the one decision that I keeps me flip flopping. I am going to try and go to Super Celebration East and hope to learn more there.

Team ONeill has you covered. Ton of great info on this channel related to all things rally

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Matt, think you may appreciate this anecdote. I grew up in PA and back when I took my driver's test it was administered by the State Police. The trooper hopped into my truck, paused for a sec, then blurted out, "A guy who drives a stick, that's what I like to see!"

Needless to say, I passed with a perfect score and the trooper thanked ME afterwards! :LOL:
Aman, that is a great story. Pretty intimidating to have the State Police conduct your road test. Guys who get it- get it! Thanks for sharing it.

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Team ONeill has you covered. Ton of great info on this channel related to all things rally

Great video. Have certainly started cars by pushing and popping the clutch several times but have not done a lot of starting in gear. Goes to show you can learn new things on an old topic anytime.

Will check out the channel more on Youtube. The amount of time I am spending here and on Youtube for various interests is getting crazy. :p

MallCrawlinBranco

Badlands
First Name
stevo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Actually there is photographic evidence of Trump winning King of the Hammers in a manual transmission, SFA rig

donald_KOTH.png

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the best argument for the manual now is auto start/stop in the newer vehicles now. My Escape has and it's not that big of a deal but gets annoying having to turn it off every time you get in and start her up. I'll miss my remote start but I think the manual will be the way to go for me at least. It'll be my first manual DD and I'm excited to row my gears on the daily.
Sponsored