First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody heard credible or anecdotal info on how the off rodeo Broncos are holding up after 1 year? I went to Moab 8/16/21, the second day it started. They get driven on and off road daily, by seasoned off roaders and beginners alike. I wonder how well they kept up on maintenance, how many miles they have, and whether there was much in the way of repairs.
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will be able to tell you miles on the one I’m going to drive Saturday. I’ve heard they won’t offer manuals anymore because people were burning clutches out.

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody heard credible or anecdotal info on how the off rodeo Broncos are holding up after 1 year? I went to Moab 8/16/21, the second day it started. They get driven on and off road daily, by seasoned off roaders and beginners alike. I wonder how well they kept up on maintenance, how many miles they have, and whether there was much in the way of repairs.
I was there 8/13 and the 4 in my group had 6k -8k miles. All the M/T tires are showing signs of wear due to the hot sand. We had one on the ko2’s that wasn’t too bad. They haven’t had any significant issues and the worst damage our guide recalled was back when they would allow the groups to use trail turn assist one driver attempted it at a high rate of speed and crashed into the rocks.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be able to tell you miles on the one I’m going to drive Saturday. I’ve heard they won’t offer manuals anymore because people were burning clutches out.
You are correct, they stopped offering manuals last year shortly after the press/media Off-Roadeo events ended.

I’m sure a lot of it is just people burning up clutches, but the folks who picked the manual transmission also couldn’t play with trail-turn assist, which I know they like to feature.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve tried it and eh it’s kinda odd. The trail cruise is fantastic tho lol.

Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just attended the Las Vegas one last Friday, the wildtrak I drove had 6800 miles on it, drove like a champ. 🍻

OP
OP
argrin

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was there 8/13 and the 4 in my group had 6k -8k miles. All the M/T tires are showing signs of wear due to the hot sand. We had one on the ko2’s that wasn’t too bad. They haven’t had any significant issues and the worst damage our guide recalled was back when they would allow the groups to use trail turn assist one driver attempted it at a high rate of speed and crashed into the rocks.
If I remember right, the road part of Moab was 20 miles or so round trip to the trail and maybe 5 miles of off-road. So that would put the off-road miles at 1500-2000 on those vehicles. I’ll be lucky to do that in its life even if I get out a couple times a month. I have 7500 on my Badlands and sadly only have maybe a couple hundred miles off-road.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It hard to gauge how durable they have been unless someone who works at a location were to chime in. I'm sure they have signed a NDA so I wouldn't expect to read any first-hand testimony.

The other aspect is the fleet are rotated out of service. Early on when Texas was the only location, they had pre-production Broncos that were destined for the crusher. A few months ago, someone noted a bunch of Broncos for sale at a dealership in NH. They were in service at the Gunstock location and were being sold.

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I remember right, the road part of Moab was 20 miles or so round trip to the trail and maybe 5 miles of off-road. So that would put the off-road miles at 1500-2000 on those vehicles. I’ll be lucky to do that in its life even if I get out a couple times a month. I have 7500 on my Badlands and sadly only have maybe a couple hundred miles off-road.
We were the trailing Bronco in Moab last August so we had one of the guides with us. We asked her how long the the Moab trip is and it is actually approximately 30 miles of public off-road trails beyond the round trip route there. Ours had 200 miles on the ODO at the time.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drove a WT at Moab in June. Had about 7K on the clock.
Tires were beat up/chunked. I did hear one comment about having a hard time getting fixer parts for these. Body pieces, suspension parts, and a comment that they go through e-brake switches on the regular. People yank on them hard and break them off. One car in the group didn't have one.

Sponsored
OP
OP
argrin

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We were the trailing Bronco in Moab last August so we had one of the guides with us. We asked her how long the the Moab trip is and it is actually approximately 30 miles of public off-road trails beyond the round trip route there. Ours had 200 miles on the ODO at the time.
Wow, I didn't remember it being quite that long. I guess we were going for several hours though. Hard to judge distance when wheeling stop and go like we were. So the actual miles on these Broncos could be half off-road or more.

OP
OP
argrin

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It hard to gauge how durable they have been unless someone who works at a location were to chime in. I'm sure they have signed a NDA so I wouldn't expect to read any first-hand testimony.

The other aspect is the fleet are rotated out of service. Early on when Texas was the only location, they had pre-production Broncos that were destined for the crusher. A few months ago, someone noted a bunch of Broncos for sale at a dealership in NH. They were in service at the Gunstock location and were being sold.
I was thinking the same thing on first hand knowledge. So these Broncos running today may not be the same ones used a year ago. Not sure I would be first in line for a Moab Bronco with 3-4k miles of trails. Something tells me the selling prices wouldn't appropriately reflect the history.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at the Texas location Saturday. Most of them have near but under 1,000 miles. All seemed to be in good condition. One of the employees mentioned that the worst that has happened was someone driving a bronco into a tree but it didn’t total the truck.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are correct, they stopped offering manuals last year shortly after the press/media Off-Roadeo events ended.

I’m sure a lot of it is just people burning up clutches, but the folks who picked the manual transmission also couldn’t play with trail-turn assist, which I know they like to feature.
Yes. I asked a guide about this and they stopped offering sticks bc 90% folks actually didn’t know how to drive them and they Lee threw HUNDREDS of clutches.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was at the Texas location Saturday. Most of them have near but under 1,000 miles. All seemed to be in good condition. One of the employees mentioned that the worst that has happened was someone driving a bronco into a tree but it didn’t total the truck.
When I was there the trail guide was saying they used to offer 2 laps around the high speed course. Sadly they had to stop it because a guy full sent it over one of the 2 jumps (also no longer in the course) and blew the suspension and all the air bags...so they toned down the course, lowered the speed limit and limited it to 1 lap. whomp whomp...
Sponsored