Off-Rodeo costs... What am I missing here

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What am I missing here… thanks Ford for the free pass sense I am buying a 60k plus truck but charging 400/300 per additional person, C’MON MAN!!!!!

two things that get me, why are they charging so much for passengers? I get that it’s extra food for lunch which I am guessing isn’t that great in the first place. Aren’t those seats empty if I don’t bring someone with me? If they are trying to make some additional cash, charge 50 per which I’m sure would cover the cost. Make your money off vacationers that aren’t buying a 60k bronco. Second, why the 12 and up restriction? I get not bringing an infant or toddler and protecting the lowest denominator, but 12…? My 8 and 10 year olds can easily handle riding in a truck that they will spend the next 6 years riding in (also I would argue far more dangerous conditions on MN ice and snow roads fighting for my share with texting Teens and merlot moms).

oh and I guess 3, what I am missing about 10 hours? How about 3 or 4 hours. Guessing it will get old, kinda feel like they will tell me all the same things I’ve already heard and read on this forum or YouTube but I actually would be able to drive it. Guessing it won’t be too extreme of track considering it’s a corporate owned.

was really pumped to hit Moab, but then learned more about it and am bummed. I’m not leaving my kids alone for 10 hours and not doing it solo. 😢
Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Age limits are likely an insurance thing.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is Vegas schedule and the food is catered onsite cooking way above par and we got a full lunch AND dinner. Also the focus is on owner, but I do think they could of done it differently for married couples. Otherwise bringing others, yup a cost. The rest your way off and nothing beats personalized training by a professional.

Ford Bronco Off-Rodeo costs... What am I missing here 1631625347843

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Guessing it won’t be too extreme of track considering it’s a corporate owned.
You'd be surprised. It's actually pretty legit off roading. 10 hours flew by leaving me wanting more. But yeah, would be an amazing experience to share with your kids and it stinks that you can't.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
oh and I guess 3, what I am missing about 10 hours? How about 3 or 4 hours. Guessing it will get old, kinda feel like they will tell me all the same things I’ve already heard and read on this forum or YouTube but I actually would be able to drive it. Guessing it won’t be too extreme of track considering it’s a corporate owned.
Not to be rude, but you should probably skip it. This isn’t for you if you think 10 hours is too long for this sort of fun. It’s far better than the pics that get posted here can convey. The food is great, too, btw.

Sponsored

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Age limitation is definitely a bummer.

Personally think the additional person fee is reasonable given the experience.

Granted it's not apples to apples but, off road driving schools down here cost several thousand dollars a day.

Sounds like this may not be for you anyway if 10 hours is also a complaint?

tphigh2001

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500, Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a surprise email from Off Rodeo, I paid $419 for my wife to attend with me, I did not have the email coupon for $250, but they refunded my account $265 for guest yesterday.

Rodeo was worth the cost even before this refund.

Chance_P

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
What am I missing here… thanks Ford for the free pass sense I am buying a 60k plus truck but charging 400/300 per additional person, C’MON MAN!!!!!

two things that get me, why are they charging so much for passengers? I get that it’s extra food for lunch which I am guessing isn’t that great in the first place. Aren’t those seats empty if I don’t bring someone with me? If they are trying to make some additional cash, charge 50 per which I’m sure would cover the cost. Make your money off vacationers that aren’t buying a 60k bronco. Second, why the 12 and up restriction? I get not bringing an infant or toddler and protecting the lowest denominator, but 12…? My 8 and 10 year olds can easily handle riding in a truck that they will spend the next 6 years riding in (also I would argue far more dangerous conditions on MN ice and snow roads fighting for my share with texting Teens and merlot moms).

was really pumped to hit Moab, but then learned more about it and am bummed. I’m not leaving my kids alone for 10 hours and not doing it solo. 😢
Take me with lol. My wife can watch the kiddos.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Points well taken! Guess the wait for the rig has gotten me a little negative plus the videos have been a little underwhelming. Does anyone have a link to a good representation for the Ford Moab trail? Still not happy about the age thing. Maybe they will magically age a couple years. You think an 8/10 year old will pass for 12/13 Irish twins????😂😂😂😂

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You don’t need to do the off-roadeo this year - they said that these will be open for at least 3 years. Just wait until your kids are old enough to go.

Alexis England

Black Diamond
First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford F350 dually 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm going to console myself for not having my Bronco on my 50th Birthday! I need to get my shit together and order my Birthday presents 2 years in advance so this never happens again!

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Points well taken! Guess the wait for the rig has gotten me a little negative plus the videos have been a little underwhelming. Does anyone have a link to a good representation for the Ford Moab trail? Still not happy about the age thing. Maybe they will magically age a couple years. You think an 8/10 year old will pass for 12/13 Irish twins????😂😂😂😂
Glad I read this to the end before replying. Just look up the Dome trail. You can find GPX tracks of it on the internet. Looks like a lot of fun. After you get your Bronco, go back out with the kiddos and treat them to a great time.

This is a hell of a deal. If you had to pay the full deal for it on the open market, you would pay for open seats. Just check out the cost of any other tour out of the Moab area.

My suspicion is they don't want this to turn into a zoo, and the more people who get dragged along, the more cats to herd.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is 10 hours and you will wish it was 11! Food is good and the atmosphere is 1st class. It is worth every penny. This isn't bubba taking you out for a ride on the trails, these are professionals with many years of experience doing and teaching. I think they had over 600 applicants for the positions and picked the best of the best.
Sponsored