Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went a year ago in Austin and there was a manual in our group. They also told us you could bring your own Bronco once you had it. Not sure if its changed since then.
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i drove a 2 door badlands sasquatch in NH. All broncos are automatics and for good reason. All the manuals had their clutches burned up. The trails arent mom and pop gasline roads. THere are some serious spots. Two couples in my group bailed after lunch, it was too much for them. i have a manual on order, but i was happy to test out the tral control and tral turn assist during my drive. Besides, they give you some really nice goodies and as long as you didnt use your voucher for a guest, you also get $250 to spend at the gift shop.
No need to whine and complain. Its a hell of an awesome day and totally worh every penny.

cybercoaster

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I attended the Texas event and there were several 2-doors. Its been about year since I have, maybe they swap them out or something. Pretty sure there was a manual as well.
Ford Bronco Off-Rodeo Failure: No Manual Broncos Available offorad

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I attended the Texas event and there were several 2-doors. Its been about year since I have, maybe they swap them out or something. Pretty sure there was a manual as well.
Ford Bronco Off-Rodeo Failure: No Manual Broncos Available offorad
I'm not sure how long they keep them, but they do change them out. They started with several pre-production units and at the end of may they were all production units. The staff said they sold older ones (not the pre-production, those went back to ford) and that sometimes the staff get a chance to buy them.

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Off Rodeo NH was amazing. Yes no manuals but it's built as a learning experience and I can't imagine many people are learning on manuals. Wouldn't hurt to have one or two at each though.

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People will shred the clutches. Get over it.
you beat me to it, owe ya a drink, whaddya like

still remember learning manual, after watching youtube vids, stalled out a million time’s in the gas station on a brand new mk6 gti, then my old friend who never watched anything I sent him claimed he knew how to drive stick, they rolled the CC out of the showroom and without shame, turned to me in the backseat asking what to do

thats why they dont offer manuals, too many people without experience who only watched youtube for training

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that a function of poor clutch design? Bad interface between the manual trans and GOAT modes?
The 2.3 doesn't give a lot of room for a big bellhousing. I think about a 9" clutch disc is all you're going to fit, and that's on the small side for 325 lb/ft.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went a year ago in Austin and there was a manual in our group. They also told us you could bring your own Bronco once you had it. Not sure if its changed since then.
I was just on the phone with an OR rep a couple days ago asking this exact question. You have to use the OR vehicles... even if you bring your own. She said it's a liability thing.

She did say that the group there will suggest nearby trails for you to stretch the legs on your own Bronco after the event.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm going to a Bronco off-rodeo next week. I was just informed there are no manuals, only ATs Broncos for use. Next they're going to tell me they only have 4-door mall crawlers on site. I wish they would customers use their own vehicles so people with 2 door sticks can maximize their experience.
Have you heard the old saying, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth"?
1. You get to go drive a new Bronco off road.
2. That Bronco does not belong to you.
3. IT IS FREE. Just get yourself there.
4. There are 2-doors available most of the time. There were 3 in our group when we went to TX in October.
5. YOU GET TO DRIVE A NEW BRONCO THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU, OFF ROAD.
6. Did I mention that it is FREE?
By the way, every vehicle at Off-Rodeo is 1000 times better than the base model you have, per your profile. If you want to complain, don't go. Stay at home.

Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to the NH one last Labor Day. There were two 2-doors and another person grabbed one, so I went for the other. However, the team needed to make sure that the second group for that day didn't need a 2-door. Luckily they didn't so I was able to use it. That being said, if I needed to drive a 4-door to experience the Off-Roadeo, so be it. I was there for the experience.

I did the RS Academy when I had my RS. Did I complain that the RSes didn't have the RS2 package? No. Did I have a blast? Yes.

If you feel so strongly about this, please don't go and ruin it for the other attendees. Personally, it would ruin my day if I was grouped up with someone who needed to complain about something so trivial.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's why I mentioned GOAT modes. If Off Roadeo attendees are burning clutches, it sounds possibly like the transfer case gear section is mismatched for the terrain. I'd like to see the clutch packs and transfluid in the 10-speed after a few Roadeo rounds...
I haven't felt like I NEED more gearing on obstacles. I don't really need to slip the clutch much if at all. I have 100% confidence in getting long life out of mine.

Lowdogg

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak, Honda Odyssey, '04 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In Moab in March they said people could only drive the Ford-provided vehicles. I didn’t mind, because I didn’t have one yet AND because I don’t mind risking someone else’s machine.
There were some 2 doors, although mostly 4. We drove a big bend with Sasquatch package.
It was a fantastic experience.