Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Austin had a couple of 2 doors (one for each group) and no MTs. The only MT was just a display posed on some rocks that they used to explain approach and departure angle, etc. This was about a month ago.

I drove a BD. I think everything was Sasquatched, but I could be wrong. They did say they had a bunch of pre-production units.
The BL I drove was not sas. It was the only one in our group not to be. It did well. Just scraped a few times where the sas didn’t.
Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep in mind off roadeo, at least Texas, has a good range of terrain. From dirt trails to more serious crawling up rocks at 30 degrees. Many people can barely handle an auto on that terrain. Throw in a clutch where 3 tires are spinning and one is in the air, and damage is gonna happen.
Not everyone is a gift from some diety To clutches.

T.S.

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First world problem... The NH experience was great, just go with it.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

you beat me to it, owe ya a drink, whaddya like

still remember learning manual, after watching youtube vids, stalled out a million time’s in the gas station on a brand new mk6 gti, then my old friend who never watched anything I sent him claimed he knew how to drive stick, they rolled the CC out of the showroom and without shame, turned to me in the backseat asking what to do

thats why they dont offer manuals, too many people without experience who only watched youtube for training
I’m officially old. You watched YouTube to learn to drive a manual?!?!?! :)

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No manuals in Moab... No issues with them not having a manual either (We have a manual). There were a couple 2 doors on our run as well. This was more about us finding out what the Bronco can do off road and learning some other driving techniques. You can choose not to use the trail control when they show it off if you are concerned about that. Should not be any issue at all not having Manuals... Hardly any FAIL at Off Roadeo

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't felt like I NEED more gearing on obstacles. I don't really need to slip the clutch much if at all. I have 100% confidence in getting long life out of mine.
exactly this. we had the good fortune to do a 'meet the bronco' event up in pennsylvania in a 4DR stick badlands with my wife driving. her daily vehicle has a 6 speed manual.

the instructor was telling her to resist feathering the clutch as the vehicle rolled over obstacles and just keep the feet off the gas and clutch. worked like a charm once she got over the muscle memory issue.

kccougar

Badlands
First Name
kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Badlands Sasquatch, Z4, Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not very useful judging the integrity of mechanical systems based on a small fleet of vehicles that see beyond severe duty 6-7 days a week from a different driver every day, 90% of which are attempting it for the first time (rock crawling a manual transmission).

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
In TX they had just retired the last manual before my Off Rodeo. I had a manual on order so was dissapointed with that.

There were 2 door ones, but my group had a brand new set of 4 door, but as I had a 2 door on order they swapped with another group to get me a 2 door. The second day there was a second 2 door in our group.

On the trails I would say the 4 door generally had it easier. The most challenging spot both us 2-door had a more difficult time because unlike the 4 door which all had swaybar disconnect the2-door didn't and the longer wheel base on 4 door made for a better entry.

The shorter wheel base of the 2 door mostly paid off with some turns. I recall one where they recommended turn assist but was totally unnecessary on a 2 door.

It was still fun.

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to a Bronco off-rodeo next week. I was just informed there are no manuals, only ATs Broncos for use. Next they're going to tell me they only have 4-door mall crawlers on site. I wish they would customers use their own vehicles so people with 2 door sticks can maximize their experience.
All the vehicles at the Nevada event were AT 4drs. They had a couple 2drs but they were out of commission when I went due to repairs needed.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm going to a Bronco off-rodeo next week. I was just informed there are no manuals, only ATs Broncos for use. Next they're going to tell me they only have 4-door mall crawlers on site. I wish they would customers use their own vehicles so people with 2 door sticks can maximize their experience.
Or you could not even be offered the experience.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can learn just about anything on YouTube these days. The trick is figuring out which videos are legit and which ones are full of shit. 😜

My son, who didn’t live with me growing up, bought himself an old Boxster when he was 20. He watched YouTube and learned how to drive a stick, and he does it quite well. I was impressed!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I get some people love them a manual transmission, my super limited experience off roading no thank you haha.

speedius

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3 2.0T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went to a PNW event in January and took it as an opportunity to drive something a little different. I ordered a 4D auto V6 BD but drove a 2D manual BD. Gotta be honest, I have some manual regret, but found the BD to be amazingly capable- beyond anything I will actually do.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just went to the NH location Rodeo last week. It was one of the most amazing and exhilarating experiences I ever had. Only automatic 2.7's. A mix of Broncos and trims- mostly 4 door soft tops. In our group there was one 2 door Basesquatch and we were lucky to claim it- and that's what we own, too. You learn so much about your Bronco. And the trails are very challenging- not typical dirt roads with a few bumps. Some very steep rocky trails, step rock face climbs. We definitely needed front and rear locking differentials on a few of the trails. We tired one very steep rock face with the differentials unlocked and could not make it. We locked them and made it up no problem. It was so fun- my wife and I both drove.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that was back in ‘09/10. Then met a friend on CarFanatics, he worked at Freehold Ford and then he taught me on a ‘10 GT, ‘11 fusion and forget what else

then an old college classmate offered me lessons in his V6 sn95 for a can of monster, then I went to every dealership and test drove tons of cars, fun times

how else do people without access learn
Sponsored