John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus is350c, F-150, F-250 on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They had both 2 doors and MT when I did the event in Austin’ about a year ago. I was able to drive both the 2D and the 4D. I can imagine they had issues with people tearing up the clutch on the MT. They only have so many broncos and having some out of service would be both expensive and a problem if they didn’t have enough vehicles.

it was a great event. I second other’s comments..if you don’t like it, don’t go.
I would hope that bronco nation doesn’t include a bunch of whiners
Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
exactly this. we had the good fortune to do a 'meet the bronco' event up in pennsylvania in a 4DR stick badlands with my wife driving. her daily vehicle has a 6 speed manual.

the instructor was telling her to resist feathering the clutch as the vehicle rolled over obstacles and just keep the feet off the gas and clutch. worked like a charm once she got over the muscle memory issue.
Yeah the off roadeo guide I was driving with I asked about tips for a manual off road since I haven’t done that. He described it like the clutch more becomes an on/off switch and there’s very little feathering.

jimmyu

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I know that it won’t happen for a while, but it would be awesome if they had some Raptors at the Off Rodeo.

toddf125

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Hummer H2, 07 Dodgeram 3500 SRW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just attended the off rodeo at Gunstock in NH this past Tuesday. No manuals and a couple of 2 doors in the waiting to be cycled in. 1 2dr in the group and a couple of ours were non-SAS. The instructor was awesome (Hank) and the facility was amazing along with the views! Had an awesome time and experience. I own a 2dr wildtrak but drove a 4dr non-SAS. Did fine and showed that a non-sas can keep up with the big ones. All were the 2.7 and auto. If you don't go, it's your loss. I suggest everyone goes just for the experience. Side note, I just got mine the 1st week of February and I would rather beat a demo than damage mine IMO.

20220621_075217.jpg

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’ve been to my local off-rodeo. It’s really not going to matter. The courses are so short that you’ll likely be glad you got to spend your time focused on the bronco specific instruction. .

Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not very useful judging the integrity of mechanical systems based on a small fleet of vehicles that see beyond severe duty 6-7 days a week from a different driver every day, 90% of which are attempting it for the first time (rock crawling a manual transmission).
Yep, you know it is rough when you get in the vehicle and it has "60 mi to E" and there is more than 3/4 of a tank of gas in it. This blew my mind. LOL! Our day was about 10 miles total driving.
Ford Bronco Off-Rodeo Failure: No Manual Broncos Available 20211030_140148

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to a Bronco off-rodeo next week. I was just informed there are no manuals, only ATs Broncos for use. Next they're going to tell me they only have 4-door mall crawlers on site. I wish they would customers use their own vehicles so people with 2 door sticks can maximize their experience.
I went day one that Austin opened for customers (right at a year ago). They did have a manual, I drove it my second day (I didn't buy a manual but they had one in the trail group and I didn't want to have to make them swap it out like I did the first day.) It was a good experience, just fortified my belief that the auto is 100% the best solution for off-roading in this platform (I have plenty of seat time off-roading in both auto and manual vehicles).

I will say this, a manual isn't something that you want to be training inexperienced drivers in, even if that's what they bought... There just isn't enough time in a beginners course to train someone brand new enough that they would/could/should have enough experience to be safe off-roading.

It's really a safety thing, can you blame them? If you were out there spotting would you want to trust that some complete stranger can handle a clutch on top of everything else that's going on?

Last edited:

djwils17

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands, Mercury Mariner, Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'll report back after off-roadeo Gunstock on Tuesday what vehicles are actually here in NH

i would love a stick shift 4DR Sasquatch for the event, but i'm pretty sure that's a pipe dream
They only have automatic 2dr & 4drs in NH. I was there last month.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

popped up to the Off-Roadeo NH site today since i was scheduled for tomorrow and was already in the area for a wedding over the weekend.

(Off-Roadeo looks like they take mondays off)

there appear to be two 2DR available. (and two 2DR static displays). tomorrow should be fun since it was dumping cats and dogs earlier today.

all the vehicles appear to either be Sasquatched Badlands and WildTracks.

no manuals :confused:
Ford Bronco Off-Rodeo Failure: No Manual Broncos Available IMG_2871

Ford Bronco Off-Rodeo Failure: No Manual Broncos Available IMG_2867

clearedhot

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

exactly this. we had the good fortune to do a 'meet the bronco' event up in pennsylvania in a 4DR stick badlands with my wife driving. her daily vehicle has a 6 speed manual.

the instructor was telling her to resist feathering the clutch as the vehicle rolled over obstacles and just keep the feet off the gas and clutch. worked like a charm once she got over the muscle memory issue.
I did the Austin Off Roadeo last year, back when it was a 2 day event. They had one manual on day 1 and either no one could or would drive it so I volunteered. The secret was to put it in crawler and let off the clutch and don't touch a thing after that. I loved it. 4 dr non-sas too. And it is theft proof unless you study You Tube apparently.

Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's because everyone who couldn't actually drive a stick broke them at early off rodeos so they stopped offering them

Cactusman

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to a Bronco off-rodeo next week. I was just informed there are no manuals, only ATs Broncos for use. Next they're going to tell me they only have 4-door mall crawlers on site. I wish they would customers use their own vehicles so people with 2 door sticks can maximize their experience.
I drove a 2 door Badlands in Moab, but they were all 2.7 s 4 doors otherwise. When I went to an event in Rockford, Illinois they had a stick shift. So maybe…..

MPW1927

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Flex, 2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When we went to Gunstock in April, I think they had 2-3 2 door but NO manuals. It is a great time.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just went to the NH location Rodeo last week. It was one of the most amazing and exhilarating experiences I ever had. Only automatic 2.7's. A mix of Broncos and trims- mostly 4 door soft tops. In our group there was one 2 door Basesquatch and we were lucky to claim it- and that's what we own, too. You learn so much about your Bronco. And the trails are very challenging- not typical dirt roads with a few bumps. Some very steep rocky trails, step rock face climbs. We definitely needed front and rear locking differentials on a few of the trails. We tired one very steep rock face with the differentials unlocked and could not make it. We locked them and made it up no problem. It was so fun- my wife and I both drove.
Great to hear. I’ve been thinking about taking my dad to one. NH is closest, but also considering Moab for the experience. Traveling to Utah is obviously going to be a lot more expensive.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After crawling in broncos for the last 20y with manual transmissions and then switching to an auto..........auto and offroad is where it's at....
Sponsored