Off-Rodeo Failure: No Manual Broncos Available

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 door outperforms 2door 10:1 in Austin. Guide verified that. I guess angles of the dangles are better in the 4 door. the 2 doors had to lock their diffs WAY more than 4 doors. that's why I finally asked.

And why anyone would ever want a manual, God only knows!!!!!!!!!!! BIG MISTAKE. Im guessing you use a jitterbug cell phone!!! LOL
Driving is so boring in an auto. Most people drive for their destination I drive for the enjoyment. Downshifting, rev matching, rowing gears as one moves in and around traffic is pure joy. Anybody can brake and gas but most don’t even know how to do that!
Sponsored

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
popped up to the Off-Roadeo NH site today since i was scheduled for tomorrow and was already in the area for a wedding over the weekend.

(Off-Roadeo looks like they take mondays off)

there appear to be two 2DR available. (and two 2DR static displays). tomorrow should be fun since it was dumping cats and dogs earlier today.

all the vehicles appear to either be Sasquatched Badlands and WildTracks.

no manuals :confused:
IMG_2871.jpeg

IMG_2867.jpeg
I was at the NH Rodeo this past Monday the pictures were taken. The 3 Broncos above were owned by the other 3 participants.
There are another 20+ parked in another near-by lot. Out of the 4 groups of participants, I was the only “Broncoless” member. I was told it was an anomaly to have so many fortunate Bronco owners present.
The NH Roadeo has both 2 & 4 Door Broncos available. Mostly BL & 2 door WT.
Having a small group (4 Broncos) was awesome! The dump of rain in the morning made the various trails more challenging and enjoyable. We had a great group of participants and covered a lot of technical and challenging terrain. Lots of time behind the wheel!
Ford Bronco Off-Rodeo Failure: No Manual Broncos Available 7E7C44A2-0F2C-4EB3-B6E8-25D59E36E2A9
Ford Bronco Off-Rodeo Failure: No Manual Broncos Available D06A9DA0-1C4C-493A-940F-002F160BF086
Ford Bronco Off-Rodeo Failure: No Manual Broncos Available 3E5709EC-C6F0-4115-90D3-C78567E56AD2

While I have spent much time off roading in the SW, the NH site offered very diverse and technical terrain. Through forest and mud, over steep granite and rock trails, mountain back roads. Incredible experience with an even greater appreciation of the Bronco’s capabilities. It’s a beast! Regardless if it is a manual or AT.
Thank you to Evan and his staff for an unbelievable day!!

Back2Ford

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'63 F100, '13 GTI, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW, I had a base 2D manual on order until I did the Moab Off Roadeo week before last. Driving the 4D Badlands AT (no Squatch) made me see what I was giving up by insisting on the stick (Trail Turn, Trail Cruise, One-Pedal, plus no lockers on the base non-Squatch). I came home and immediately changed my order to a 2D BD V6 AT.

I've wheeled my whole life and never wanted an AT vehicle before but what these things can do with all those systems working together is incredible.

If you keep an open mind, you might end up with something you like better than what you think you want...

NotThatScott

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2D & 1958 Willys Utility Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I attended the Texas Off-Roadeo on Sunday April 24th, and I impressed how the provided vehicles handled the course, using the Bronco's unique high-end features. I was also impressed with how well the Bronco Off-Roadeo staff guided inexperienced drivers through a fairy technical course using those advanced, Off road, features available on the upper tier Broncos.

Sadly, my Bronco is not equipped with the lion's share of the features we spent the day familiarizing ourselves with; I drive a 2 door, Non-Squatch'd, Big Bend, with only a locking rear differential, and a standard transmission (comparable to virtually all off-road vehicles I've owned or driven in the past).

After our group's initial familiarization portion of the program, I approached the staff during the break to make sure that I was going to be driving a vehicle that was similarly featured to the Bronco I own. The staff told me that, not only did they not have that configuration available, the manual transmission Broncos that had been on site were no longer serviceable, and the Bronco closest to mine was being used as a static display.

You can probably imagine my disappointment: I had basically come halfway across the country to familiarize myself with a car I didn't own. The differences far outweigh the similarities between the Broncos used in the Off-Roadeo, and what is in my driveway.

(excerpted from my letter to Off-Roadeo following my experience - letter was not replied to)

DO WATCH THIS VIDEO:

Because if your a manual driver for life there are loads of things that are different about the Bronco manual transmission.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Imagine being told that the same spec vehicle you own is not even a serviceable vehicle after a year of use.... wow.

OP
OP
Dick Fear

Dick Fear

Base
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going to a Bronco off-rodeo next week. I was just informed there are no manuals, only ATs Broncos for use. Next they're going to tell me they only have 4-door mall crawlers on site. I wish they would customers use their own vehicles so people with 2 door sticks can maximize their experience.
I'm happy to report I had a great time at the NH Off-Rodeo even though no MTs. The instructor was the site director and he was the best spotter I've worked with. I learned a lot about the capabilities of the fully loaded SAS. I still love my $35k 2-door 7-speed for daily driving but there was definitely one obstacle on the course that might have beat me. I'm saving up to get a winch to solve that problem.
Ford Bronco Off-Rodeo Failure: No Manual Broncos Available off-rodeo
Ford Bronco Off-Rodeo Failure: No Manual Broncos Available IMG_20220529_170851__01
Sponsored