Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For all the time and money they spent getting these events put together so well, they sure did screw up the production aspect. Maybe they should have focused a little more on what actually counts.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I disagree. The 900 pound gorilla in the room tells me it is Covid. But in this day and age it is all about ME and why in the hell is Ford putting ME through this.

Ask yourself this question … is Ford deliberately screwing this up so they can’t sell you a bronco?

For all the time and money they spent getting these events put together so well, they sure did screw up the production aspect. Maybe they should have focused a little more on what actually counts.

Last edited:

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Off-Rodeo Texas Austin Live today with Pics IMG_9528.JPG

I am sure I am going to take some heat for this comment, but this is not an impressive showing of its articulation. The rear axle looks almost parallel to the body.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Three things about this:

1. Production on absolutely EVERYTHING is completely dunzo right now. Realize that Ford probably has 100 suppliers, each one of those suppliers has their own suppliers, etc. No need to get into the political implications of why/how this is but it’s the reality of global trade. The fact that in August of 2016 we were slated to get the Bronco in July of last year, and it’s only been delayed until July of this year is PRETTY damn good to me considering the absolute cluster you know what the supply chain must be. Plus anyone that pre ordered before April gets to keep their price? Game changer because steel prices have tripled and your dollar has lost a ton of purchasing power. Bronco is a bargain on that basis lol.

2. Car parts are especially backlogged, and ESPECIALLY off road stuff. Not super relevant to Bronco but just a sign of the industry, King shocks has a 3 month backlog right now.

3. Manufacturing like this isn’t a zero sum game. Putting resources into off roadeo, marketing, designing variants, future trims, warthog, powertrain advancements, accessories, aftermarket, racing Broncos etc. has exactly zero to do with getting the product to market and in people’s hands.

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere so I just want to clarify... Is this something that will be going on every day, is it a once a month event, once a quarter?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere so I just want to clarify... Is this something that will be going on every day, is it a once a month event, once a quarter?
From what I understand, the consumer scheduled events will be a 2-day experience. It will be ongoing as it is limited to the vehicles on hand and to ensure that each participant is exposed to all that is offered.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

He's getting into position to swap out that 10R60 for the 80

Ford Bronco Off-Rodeo Texas Austin Live today with Pics 1620697262814

mylittlepony

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler / 09 TC Series 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, people have no clue! This really is a massive investment on Ford's part. I think I've also read these are day and a half events as well?

And judging by the Texas venue, they are sparing no expense on the facilities that will host these events.

Personally, I am super stoked about visiting the Vegas location since that will be the closest to us. The biggest question will be, take the Bronco or take the 500. lol
they can throw as many dead prez as they wish being a tax deduct. and still dsn't distract me enough from the wait and wait and...

Sponsored

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Which is also almost exactly like the GT500 Track Attack. That program does allow a +1 for an additional cost and is a ton of fun! I highly encourage anyone who is eligible to attend one of these programs to do it. It is absolutely worth your time and travel/hotel expenses. It looks like they are investing quite a bit for these Off-Rodeo events.
So, just for the sake of predictive comparison......how much additional was the +1 for the GT500 program?

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw a news article where Ford had someone apply for a use permit for the Boy Scout Camp on Mt. Potosi. The Boy Scouts own it, but have not used it for several years. Its for sale too, about 400 acres that were given to the Boy Scots by the Forest Service a long time ago. I do not know if the permit was approved.

66chill

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500, 2017 Raptor, 96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, just for the sake of predictive comparison......how much additional was the +1 for the GT500 program?
The +1 for that program costs $179. I took my son along with me. I think the +1 will be better at this event, but maybe not. My son got to do a lot of watching me race, which was kind of a bummer. He did get to ride around the ROVAL with a pro driver (as did I) which was absolutely exhilarating for him. But, I do think he got bored at times. I hope the guests get to participate more at the Bronco events. I think it will be my wife and I going together to the Off-Rodeo and I would hate for her to get bored.

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The +1 for that program costs $179. I took my son along with me. I think the +1 will be better at this event, but maybe not. My son got to do a lot of watching me race, which was kind of a bummer. He did get to ride around the ROVAL with a pro driver (as did I) which was absolutely exhilarating for him. But, I do think he got bored at times. I hope the guests get to participate more at the Bronco events. I think it will be my wife and I going together to the Off-Rodeo and I would hate for her to get bored.
Thanks.....same here
Sponsored