First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Base
So assuming 30% of all order get filled, and a production rate of 2650 (5300/week/2 to address reduced production rate due to social distancing in the factory), it will take around 26 weeks if you place your order now. That's only half a year. Everyone seems so hyped about getting one now. Isn't it better to wait until the next model year for them to iron out all the kinks on the platform?
Sponsored

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That’s why I’m suprised they haven’t closed reservations, ya I get it sell and produce but if your telling people to please place an order come December and then possibly wait 18 months for it, most people walk away from this. Then imagine a break in the supply chain and now 18 months turns into 2 years, really doesn’t make sense.
Why would we reserve and then place orders for a 2021 Bronco and not get it til what 2023
2 YEARS!!!! are you saying that there’s a chance...yyyes.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Everyone seems so hyped about getting one now.
Online forums are usually filled with enthusiasts. Yes, we want it now.

Isn't it better to wait until the next model year for them to iron out all the kinks on the platform?
It'll take longer than 1 model year to get everything smoothed out. If you want an offroad SUV that has all the kinks worked out, by a 4runner TRD Pro ?‍♂

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would be very surprised if Ford made any Broncos for dealer stock before filling reservations. People like me would be pissed that some guy can walk in off the street and get a Bronco before I get mine after having put a reservation in on the first day and waited a year. Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode:

Jerry: I don't understand, I made a reservation. Do you have my reservation?

Clerk: Yes, we do. Unfortunately, we ran out of cars.

Jerry: But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the reservation!

Clerk: I know why we have reservations.

Jerry: I don't think you do! If you did, I would have a car! See, you know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to hold the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation--the holding. Anybody can just take 'em! :ROFLMAO:
Yep
Totally agree, if we went by that
Logic there would be no reason to reserve one- just wait til they hit the dealers lots..

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Why close it when the deposit is only $100? Why do you think peeps here have 2 reservations?

$100 is nothing. I had a reservation for a Tesla model3 and the deposit was 1K and tesla had close to 500K reservations.

That’s why I’m suprised they haven’t closed reservations, ya I get it sell and produce but if your telling people to please place an order come December and then possibly wait 18 months for it, most people walk away from this. Then imagine a break in the supply chain and now 18 months turns into 2 years, really doesn’t make sense.
Why would we reserve and then place orders for a 2021 Bronco and not get it til what 2023

Sponsored

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
haha half of the people that reserved on this forum did multiple reservations. That number will drop significantly.
well this forums membership is under 2% of reservations so i'm not sure we can extrapolate multiple orders by the General public reserving.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess I was overly optimistic and was looking for more than 230k. even if all the reservations were executed that puts them behind the Ford Edge from last year (241k sold) and barely half the Rav4 at 450k sold. they'll have to convert better than 70% to crack the top 25 vehicles sold in America. Doesn't everyone offroad?
It's only been a little over 2 weeks. The reservation list will continue to grow.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why close it when the deposit is only $100?

$100 is nothing. I had a reservation for a Tesla model3 and the deposit was 1K and tesla had close to 500K reservations.
Because you are expecting customers to place reservations for 2021 model and get it 2023 possibly

stupid

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Multiple reservations, lack of financing, sticker shock and attention span in mind I will be surprised if they get 30% of these orders placed.
With Covid, all things outdoors in the US are selling in droves. Campers, Boats, Dirtbikes, motorhomes, i think the Bronco will benefit as well.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You are assuming Ford can't ramp up. How many F150s do you think Ford sells a month?

Here's a hint ... last year Ford sold 900K F150s

Because you are expecting customers to place reservations for 2021 model and get it 2023 possibly

stupid

Sponsored

nhmaina

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda pilot 2011
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They would have one more if they offered any of the lower 3 models in orange! (Me). I'm using it for towing, not off road, so i don't need the stuff that the upper models have. I'd pay extra for the color too.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't think Ford corporate is getting any of that money. My credit card shows my reservation dealer on the charge.
yes, MachE reservation was held at Ford then on order switched to Dealer. The Bronco and Sport is deposited to the Dealership at the time of reservation.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are assuming Ford can't ramp up. How many F150s do you think Ford sells a month?

Here's a hint ... last year Ford sold 900K F150s
Thanks for the hint...
Didn’t need it pal...
too
Many variable for Ford to hit... covid, new make, supply issues, And they have been making F-150 for long time and that process is ironed out..

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
the only vote that matters is your wallet so don't buy one and enjoy your taco

At least let most of us enjoy it. :)

Thanks for the hint...
Didn’t need it..
too
Many variable for Ford to hit... covid, new make, supply issues, And they have been making F-150 for long time and that process is ironed out..
Sponsored