Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On the earnings call they just said they had over 150k customers reserve one.
That's quite a change. I've seen a few articles online proclaiming 230k and quoting a Ford source. Perhaps Ford realized throwing a huge number like that out there will discourage a lot of people from reserving instead of building hype? At least at 150k, people may think there's still hope.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder if 150,000 isn't Ford's estimated order conversion as well. May still be 230,000 reservations and Ford is estimating 150,000 turn into orders.
Ford certainly has computer programs capable of gathering this info and breaking it down to pretty much anything they need. You've got to figure they service millions of accounts every month, so something like finding the number of reservations and how many are placed on each account should be very simple.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m guessing it was 230K total reservations (active + cancelled) and itā€™s 150K active reservations after factoring all the cancelled ones thus far.

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here is how I expect it to go. There will be a window of days in which we have to place our order in December. Once that is ended then Ford will assess the orders/reservations, determine their build cycle and then send a projected timeline to customers and dealers. I expect that they will arrange it as close as possible to the reservation sequence. That would fulfill their promise regarding reservations and take the power of order sequencing out of the hands of the dealers. Now, that is what I hope and pray and dream will happen. I am a man of faith by the way!

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
On the call the exact wording was that 150k customers placed a reservation. I wonder if 150k is the number of unique billing addresses / ford accounts that placed atleast 1 reservation and the 230k number is the total reservations. I highly doubt that many people have 2 reservations though.
I agree with all of this. Very unlikely that Ford would share a number with analysts that includes duplicate within same household. In fact, I think there is almost no way they would do that, itā€™s clearly misleading. But duplicate orders canā€™t explain 80,000 difference.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's quite a change. I've seen a few articles online proclaiming 230k and quoting a Ford source. Perhaps Ford realized throwing a huge number like that out there will discourage a lot of people from reserving instead of building hype? At least at 150k, people may think there's still hope.
Those article numbers originated from here

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is how I expect it to go. There will be a window of days in which we have to place our order in December. Once that is ended then Ford will assess the orders/reservations, determine their build cycle and then send a projected timeline to customers and dealers. I expect that they will arrange it as close as possible to the reservation sequence. That would fulfill their promise regarding reservations and take the power of order sequencing out of the hands of the dealers. Now, that is what I hope and pray and dream will happen. I am a man of faith by the way!
Thatā€™s exactly how my dealership explained the process to me a couple weeks ago

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Most likely Ford gave someone a bogus 230K number to find the source of their internal leaks.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To be honest, 150k sounds like a more realistic number - still huge - still a hit!

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
From what I understand, the sooner you reserve the sooner your dealer will call you to turn your reservation into an order.
I'm hoping for 3 no answers, 5 voice mail, and 2 wrong numbers to get to me sooner... :)

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree with all of this. Very unlikely that Ford would share a numher with analysts that includes duplicate within same household. In fact, I think there is almost no way they would do that, itā€™s clearly misleading. But duplicate orders canā€™t explain 80,000 difference.
I think you will see different trends in the general public than on an enthusiast site. Here, people are panicking at everything someone posts and making unwise choices to work around those rumors. The general public will see,"you may need to wait until 2022 for a Bronco". A huge chunk of prospective buyers will simply say "no thanks" and move on to something else more readily available. I think this is the place where Jeep will lose less sales than we may think.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yeah I think thatā€™s what @Bronco Dealer was alluding to in another thread. That there isnā€™t gonna be any dealer stock on lots for a loooong time. Even if only half of those get converted to orders thatā€™s crazy.
Would it be possible that dealers have "reserved" places as well? This way they'd get delivery of some to put on the lots and then charge what they wanted to those that wander on the lot?

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would it be possible that dealers have "reserved" places as well? This way they'd get delivery of some to put on the lots and then charge what they wanted to those that wander on the lot?
No, they are not allowed to do that

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And only 5% of FE reservations are cataloged on 6G... I am guessing that 230k is a lot more real than we think..

How many members do we have???

We are not representative of the masses..
Agreed. A large majority of owners of these niche vehicles are not a member of a forum. Look at sales numbers versus forum members if thereā€™s ever any doubt.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, they are not allowed to do that
While I doubt a dealer would not do it simply because theyā€™re not allowed to per se, theyā€™re just smart enough to know theyā€™d never get away with it. It would hit the internet, make its rounds, Ford would find out and then take punitive action. Imagine a dealer having all of their reservations routed to competitors just because they tried to get a Bronco on the lot.
Sponsored