First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's quite a change. I've seen a few articles online proclaiming 230k and quoting a Ford source. Perhaps Ford realized throwing a huge number like that out there will discourage a lot of people from reserving instead of building hype? At least at 150k, people may think there's still hope.
Most of the reports were citing this forum.
Sponsored

Navy94

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
According to Ford, the Wayne plant can produce 5,300 units per week. If Ford splits production to 60% bronco and 40% ranger, they should be able to produce 3180 Broncos per week. So if there were 230K reservations, but only about 70% will be orders that is 161K vehicles. It will take about 51 weeks to produce all of the reservations. If the true reservations is 150K and 70% are real orders, it will take 33 weeks to produce all reservations. I heard Ford planned to do the 60/40% split when they introduced the Bronco. Not sure if that will truly happen.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree with all of this. Very unlikely that Ford would share a number with analysts that includes duplicate within same household. In fact, I think there is almost no way they would do that, it’s clearly misleading. But duplicate orders can’t explain 80,000 difference.
Total reservations (including cancellations) vs active reservations, duplicates and - another point about being an enthusiast forum - remember these?

Ford Bronco [Official] 150K Bronco Reservations Received Already D2E078D3-8FC4-47F3-9A01-4ABBF1D82290

The Bronco sport reservations are surely included in that total as well.

Everyone needs to just chill out a bit. ?

JK

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, they are not allowed to do that
Hypothetical Question. Would you let your dealer "rent" your new 2021 for a month to show it off in his showroom - starting with the day it arrived? How much would it cost him?

kimberbrowski

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I highly doubt that many people have 2 reservations though.
The way dealerships are going to try to screw us, I don't doubt that many double reservations at all. Only talking 200 refundable dollars. I'm really surprised everyone didn't put in 2 reservations to increase leverage.

Sponsored

kimberbrowski

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At 150K, I still think that transforms to less than 75K orders.

I had Zero intention of reserving two until the infamous website fiasco... and if I thought of it as a way to protect myself so did most of the other people. And because of the continued poor way in which its being handled, most of us are still hanging onto those two.

You combine that with how much time still has to pass before we order and how life changes, needs change. Budgets become the driving factor.

Just so many things that will drive that number down from the 150K.

Don't get me wrong, I still think 150K is super impressive for something no one really knew much about before 7/13. I personally, saw the reveal and my doubt was erased.

Kudos to Ford and especially the team that worked on the Bronco. I still just wish that corporate would dedicate some serious resources to tightening up their act from here on out.

Plus the lower number gives more hope to people who reserved late, and those who haven't reserved at all. I am honestly happy for them. No one wants to wait for calendar year 2022 to get their Bronco.
What he said. (y)

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hypothetical Question. Would you let your dealer "rent" your new 2021 for a month to show it off in his showroom - starting with the day it arrived? How much would it cost him?
Good one.

Hands on (can get in your vehicle) — Probably no amount (within reason). You could have 100 people or more a day getting in and out

Roped off — would depend greatly on time of year. Winter - I’d probably go pretty cheap - particularly if I liked my dealer (which I’m probably not doing this if I don’t like the dealer). $500 say. Good weather months way tougher - maybe $1,000.

What are others sell out price?

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

To those with multiple reservations for different trims, did you reserve both at same dealership or different?

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good thing car stealerships are well known for never doing anything unscrupulous.
Go read the dealer threads. The dealers on this forum don’t think they can get away with it but maybe you’re right and they are lying to us. We will see at launch.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco [Official] 150K Bronco Reservations Received Already tenor

And I’m not even kidding... maybe..

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak