First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hypothetical Question. Would you let your dealer "rent" your new 2021 for a month to show it off in his showroom - starting with the day it arrived? How much would it cost him?
$1000 for every hand that touched it.
Sponsored

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hypothetical Question. Would you let your dealer "rent" your new 2021 for a month to show it off in his showroom - starting with the day it arrived? How much would it cost him?
This is a trick question right??????
$10,000,000.00 channeling Austin Powers, sorry.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Donā€™t know if this has been previously mentioned but according to VP of Comm at FoMoCo Mark Truby, they are working on increasing production ( One could assume future capacity)
Ford Bronco [Official] 150K Bronco Reservations Received Already 3F1C8F39-EC7A-4123-9E60-4F3759EC9019

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We really don't know their counting methodology. It's would be a mistake to blindly assume that they haven't done any additional math beyond simply counting the number of $100 reservations they've collected. We know that they are following the public discourse around the launch of this pivotal product. They know that there are people with two or more reservations and they know that most of those folks don't actually plan to buy two.

I'm not saying with any certainty that they are making adjustments to the raw numbers. I'm just saying that we don't know because they haven't told us.

Sponsored

PwrStrkr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should have made the reservation fee non-refundable. Weed out the window shoppers and impulse buyers. That's what Tesla did on their upcoming model releases. Plus they get to use that fee as capital to invest in the build.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They should have made the reservation fee non-refundable. Weed out the window shoppers and impulse buyers. That's what Tesla did on their upcoming model releases. Plus they get to use that fee as capital to invest in the build.
Iā€™d do that for a manual sasquatch 2.7l ecoboost.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not so sure about that. Given the newness of the reservation model to most car buyers, I think it had to be refundable. Especially with a car that isn't even final and for which no final pricing information is available. I would probably have a different opinion if we were talking about a limited production vehicle.

It really doesn't matter to us if the weak hands are shaken out now or later. Eventually, they will fall and we will move forward into their spots.

Also, Tesla used the $100 refundable deposit for the Cybertruck. They now have somewhere north of 650k reservations. And for Ford, I don't think the capital investment thing really holds any water.

Sorry, I just don't really see any tangible benefits to anyone that would have been gained by following your idea.

PwrStrkr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not so sure about that. Given the newness of the reservation model to most car buyers, I think it had to be refundable. Especially with a car that isn't even final and for which no final pricing information is available. I would probably have a different opinion if we were talking about a limited production vehicle.

It really doesn't matter to us if the weak hands are shaken out now or later. Eventually, they will fall and we will move forward into their spots.

Also, Tesla used the $100 refundable deposit for the Cybertruck. They now have somewhere north of 650k reservations. And for Ford, I don't think the capital investment thing really holds any water.

Sorry, I just don't really see any tangible benefits to anyone that would have been gained by following your idea.
You know that's a good point with the Tesla deposit. They sort of skirt the line, it's refundable but only back to your Tesla account. Which doesn't do you any good towards getting the money back if you don't use any Tesla services.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know that's a good point with the Tesla deposit. They sort of skirt the line, it's refundable but only back to your Tesla account. Which doesn't do you any good towards getting the money back if you don't use any Tesla services.
That's the first I've heard about the Cybertruck deposit only being refundable into funny money. I actually don't believe this to be the case. I don't think that they could get away with proclaiming that "Deposits are $100 and are fully refundable." if that were the case. I could be wrong and if I am, then I guess my $100 will be locked away in a useless Tesla account for the foreseeable future.

Sponsored

PwrStrkr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's the first I've heard about the Cybertruck deposit only being refundable into funny money. I actually don't believe this to be the case. I don't think that they could get away with proclaiming that "Deposits are $100 and are fully refundable." if that were the case. I could be wrong and if I am, then I guess my $100 will be locked away in a useless Tesla account for the foreseeable future.
Looks like it varies depending on model ordered and deposit program (and amount put down). I had a model Y on order, before the whole pandemic hit and continuing aftermath has changed my driving needs. I cancelled that order and reluctantly gave my free $100 bonus to Tesla. Good thing I'm a stock owner :)

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/17/tesla-adds-100-non-refundable-order-fee.html

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Couple things if they haven't been covered yet:

The prelaunch numbers of 200K was 50/50 split with the Bronco Sport and Bronco

Ford is expecting or planning for a 50-60% reservations converting into actual orders

The 150K number is hedge against bad news or people twisting numbers negativity against them IMO. I'd say maybe 10% of reservations are double bookings to play dealers against one another.

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hopefully with this much interest they donā€™t limit the FE interior to only the one.......blue death?ā€ā™‚

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I guess you could always buy Tesla solar panel shingles with your deposit if you forgo the Tesla auto/cyber truck.

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hot Diggity! Where can I get a $15 million dollar loan interest-free? Anyone? ANYONE? I hope Ford puts our money to good use! LOL...
Sponsored