First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not worth the risk. Ford finds out and cuts your Bronco inventory and sends you 10 transit vans.

Hi All I’m new to the forum .
I had a thought about dealer allotments and I think if I were a dealer owner, I would’ve had four or five of my employees reserve Broncos.
Then build them and bring them in and then cancel them as if a customer cancelled them.
Then , I could mark those up on people that just walk in because they weren’t reserved for anyone specific that seem like a good idea to me..
I wonder if some or most have done this ...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi All I’m new to the forum .
I had a thought about dealer allotments and I think if I were a dealer owner, I would’ve had four or five of my employees reserve Broncos.
Then build them and bring them in and then cancel them as if a customer cancelled them.
Then , I could mark those up on people that just walk in because they weren’t reserved for anyone specific that seem like a good idea to me..
I wonder if some or most have done this ...
This wouldn't surprise me at all. Dealers know all of the tricks.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
To me, those are the one's that are built for dealers and are available for sale.
Yeah I think of "stock unit" as sold by the dealer, but specifically as dealer stock that sits on the lot for people to purchase. That's different than someone showing up wanting to order a Bronco, even if that person does not have a reservation. I think Ford is taking that cash and submitting the non-stock order, to be fit into the assembly order line as makes sense in terms of production.

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford would love to be able to just that, and I would also. I would like the ability to order one late 2022 if possible. But, the machinery must be down for maintenance to be done. Hence the 2 shift run, and one shift down. If they try to run 3 shifts without maintenance they could occur more downtime than just shutting down that 1 shift. The way the lines are set up one segment down shuts the entire process down.
Yah I figured they might need a shift down for maintenance/cleaning/etc....which again should mean another plant to build the Bronco. You cannot as a corporate person let this much demand falter which could give you HUGE market segment gains with this vehicle...this is lightning in a bottle right now with this release.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is how I approach any company that sells a product.

I will never buy a wrangler because it is 25+ year old tech and their weak engines
I will never buy a Toyota product again (I have owned a landcruiser, Taco, FJ and Tundra) because they have no technology in their cars. Hell, just last year they started offering Apple Car Play in their cars and that is not even a technology they have to invent.

You sir are jinxing yourself with your negativity. If you are not happy with how Ford is launching the bronco then don't buy one. It is really that simple.

Brilliant advice ...

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

I will never buy a wrangler because it is 25+ year old tech and their weak engines
I will never buy a Toyota product again (I have owned a landcruiser, Taco, FJ and Tundra) because they have no technology in their cars. Hell, just last year they started offering Apple Car Play in their cars and that is not even a technology they have to invent.

You sir are jinxing yourself with your negativity. If you are not happy with how Ford is launching the bronco then don't buy one. It is really that simple.
But aren't you being negative? And you missed out on years of open top/doors off fun in a Jeep. Thank god for Jeep and the CJ/Wrangler while Ford has been sitting it out the past 43 years.

rmillermich

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reading this thread, I'm glad about a couple things.

1. The engines are not new, should be good supply chain and there is known reliability.
2. The platform is similar to the ranger, so that should be ready to go and proven.
3. The electronics are not too crazy (like a new EV) except for maybe some of the 4wd turn assist braking, etc. and the center screen stuff is pretty modular and updatable.
4. Everything else (esp. on the BD, which i reserved) is just suspension, body panels, etc. Maybe there will be some issues with the back gate, etc. but was built simply pretty much overall compared to other new cars.
5. They seem to be really beating the crap out of them, so for most owners, troubles should be minimal with the basic platform and design.
6. I guess I'm just hoping the platform will not have the same bugs that may be common in a 1st year model run.

Well done ford. Actually just bought my first Ford last year, just a crew cab F-150 xlt 4x4, and so far its been golden.

Will be interesting to see, in this day of manufacturing execution systems, how much information they will have available to us who reserved. Kind a like, " Your build is expected on Feb. 14. There are 28654 people in front of you." "2dr production of BD units will begin on Feb. 2".

Will also be interesting to compile the wait times on the folks orders here.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Man thanks for the advice I don’t need it, I understand my choices as a consumer-

I do agree with your opinion on Toyota, I have had the FJ and Taco, their tech is lacking and their new Tacoma’s are underpowered, I do miss my FJ.

I guess my negativity is more personal, made the stupid mistake of leasing a car with the hopes of getting the bronco late spring or early summer- now with the demand who knows where that puts me in line, and I’m going to need a vehicle after the lease is up..

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
how am I being negative? I want to support companies that innovate and not support companies that make the same product year after year after year.

and you should be happy for the bronco as it forces jeep to develop something new and not the same old wrangler year after year after year.

But aren't you being negative? And you missed out on years of open top/doors off fun in a Jeep. Thank god for Jeep and the CJ/Wrangler while Ford has been sitting it out the past 43 years.
Sponsored